PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for devs

VenomSet
11-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Hi arlor & devs,

I always asked myself why does STS not use advertisement to gain new players.
The answer would probably be this is not in their budget, or they just don’t want to take the time for advertisements.

My name is Einstein, and I have a proper solution for you...

With the next update, you could introduce an NPC where we (us players) CAN (this is completely by choice) watch videos/trailers whatsoever from other companies/developers etc. (You know, the thing that exists in literally every free2play game, but most ads pop up even if you don’t want it and then it becomes annoying.

The difference here is that we can choose to either watch these vids or not.
If one doesn’t want to watch them. Fine
If one does want to watch them. Even better!
Nobody is forced and I would love to support my favourite devs by spending 2-3 minutes a day watching ads.

Opinions may be posted in 3, 2, 1, ...

Continental
11-16-2018, 05:14 PM
Agree great idea

Tippertwo
11-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Wait I’m confused. Do you mean watch AL ads that sts make or...? Dunno how we’re suppised to support their cause by watching other companies’ ads.. :/

Zojak
11-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Wait I’m confused. Do you mean watch AL ads that sts make or...? Dunno how we’re suppised to support their cause by watching other companies’ ads.. :/

Generally the other companies would pay spacetime per view of the ad, making a bit of an income for them via us watching a quick video

Futumsh
11-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Generally, video ads pay so little that they're not worth having unless everyone that plays is watching them frequently. For something that players have to choose to see and get no direct benefit from, it might never even pay for the time it takes to implement and keep up to date.

Encryptions
11-16-2018, 09:27 PM
Generally, video ads pay so little that they're not worth having unless everyone that plays is watching them frequently. For something that players have to choose to see and get no direct benefit from, it might never even pay for the time it takes to implement and keep up to date.
5k gold per ad watched? I mean rich people won't watch them but the poor will, even I would watch the videos. You guys might have 100 people watch an ad per 10 minutes or less.

Futumsh
11-16-2018, 09:33 PM
5k gold per ad watched? I mean rich people won't watch them but the poor will, even I would watch the videos. You guys might have 100 people watch an ad per 10 minutes or less.

With some quick napkin math, that comes out to less than a dollar a day. I'll stick with my opinion of them.

Tippertwo
11-16-2018, 11:04 PM
With some quick napkin math, that comes out to less than a dollar a day. I'll stick with my opinion of them.
Do you ever go home or do you sleep in the office :p ? XD
And ew, math.

Encryptions
11-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Oh ok, I agree not to do videos then. I thought it would be around 50$ a day.

Spheresome
11-17-2018, 12:09 AM

what about 1 platinum a day per video or 2 crate token. Most of the active player base would be interested in something like this and its something all players would do, and you won't get anything useful out of the platinum until about a week of watching videos and even longer for crate tokens. So it motivates players to do it, but doesn't ruin the economy by putting too much in.

A little bit of quick research shows that every 1000 views on an ad generated about $50-$100 depending the pay per minute of the advertiser. So if you get the active player basis interested, then maybe 10k views a day. And I would not be surprised if people create multiple accounts, so that would generate even more revenue. Is $500-$1000 soemthing more up your avenue @Futumush? Or still not worth it, this is the equivalent of someone buying a few thousand plat.

Here is an article for your reference: https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-does-a-free-app-make-from-advertising

Motherless_Child
11-17-2018, 12:43 AM
Hi arlor & devs,

The answer would probably be this is not in their budget, or they just don’t want to take the time for advertisements.

With the next update, you could introduce an NPC where we (us players) CAN (this is completely by choice) watch videos/trailers whatsoever from other companies/developers etc. (You know, the thing that exists in literally every free2play game, but most ads pop up even if you don’t want it and then it becomes annoying.

Nobody is forced and I would love to support my favourite devs by spending 2-3 minutes a day watching ads.

This stuff can be really tricky (just my assumption)............ I think STS gets it, though...............

Motherless_Child
11-17-2018, 01:19 AM
Hi arlor & devs,

But I do understand and hear you...... I would like an influx of more players, too........

THE GOLDEN KING
11-17-2018, 01:36 AM
what about 1 platinum a day per video or 2 crate token. Most of the active player base would be interested in something like this and its something all players would do, and you won't get anything useful out of the platinum until about a week of watching videos and even longer for crate tokens. So it motivates players to do it, but doesn't ruin the economy by putting too much in.

A little bit of quick research shows that every 1000 views on an ad generated about $50-$100 depending the pay per minute of the advertiser. So if you get the active player basis interested, then maybe 10k views a day. And I would not be surprised if people create multiple accounts, so that would generate even more revenue. Is $500-$1000 soemthing more up your avenue @Futumush? Or still not worth it, this is the equivalent of someone buying a few thousand plat.

Here is an article for your reference: https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-does-a-free-app-make-from-advertising

Excellent, provided facts to back up the topic and even gave us his source to support it. Well done I must say well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spheresome
11-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Excellent, provided facts to back up the topic and even gave us his source to support it. Well done I must say well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

VenomSet
11-17-2018, 03:32 AM

Nice to see I’m not the only one who would believe in this

ancestor
11-17-2018, 03:45 AM
Lol let's say 1000 videos get watched per a day. That would around 10$ haha. Not worth it. If I were staying I would put the speed elixer fund for video watching to a bigger advertising source. Every day for a year 3650$ (probably don't get 1000 video views but could edit it the promotion) advertise for begger advertising. I remember the commercial for PL lol. Low key I saw a thread for a famous YouTuber to promote. I will donate to a go fund me for this. Ive been with you guys for awhile it's time to give back :)

Continental
11-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Lol let's say 1000 videos get watched per a day. That would around 10$ haha. Not worth it. If I were staying I would put the speed elixer fund for video watching to a bigger advertising source. Every day for a year 3650$ (probably don't get 1000 video views but could edit it the promotion) advertise for begger advertising. I remember the commercial for PL lol. Low key I saw a thread for a famous YouTuber to promote. I will donate to a go fund me for this. Ive been with you guys for awhile it's time to give back :)
If you can afford to donate why not just buy plat???
Then both parties benefit

PatD
11-17-2018, 08:51 AM
-100 i hate those game who have some video pop up asking you to watch, that make the game look cheap, no ty.

Buy plat if you want to support sts :)

Gouiwaa9000
11-17-2018, 09:41 AM

imo a free and consistent way to obtain plat will result in a larger loss than profit in the long run . Remember that a big part of the AL player base is underage and cant really buy large amounts of plat often , in that case it would be easier to wait 10 days instead of buying the 10 plat bundle .

Spheresome
11-17-2018, 10:06 AM
imo a free and consistent way to obtain plat will result in a larger loss than profit in the long run . Remember that a big part of the AL player base is underage and cant really buy large amounts of plat often , in that case it would be easier to wait 10 days instead of buying the 10 plat bundle .

What about a new currency altogether :3

Gouiwaa9000
11-17-2018, 01:33 PM
What about a new currency altogether :3

That can work , perhaps can be used to buy vanity and special discontinued elixirs like double boss loot so most players will watch the ads .

Futumsh
11-17-2018, 07:11 PM
A little bit of quick research shows that every 1000 views on an ad generated about $50-$100 depending the pay per minute of the advertiser.

You missed the part that it's only 1.5% of that, and also the 50-100 is extremely overly optimistic.

Fiasaria
11-17-2018, 07:26 PM
if they gave 1 plat per day for watching ads it would be 1 plat per account not per character.

it could give x amount of xp per ad or 1 to 5 story tokens so new players can lvl up and get more inventory/ crafting inventory slots faster

Spheresome
11-17-2018, 07:35 PM
You missed the part that it's only 1.5% of that, and also the 50-100 is extremely overly optimistic.

I said that it depended on the pay per minute of the advertiser, and that is ridiculously extremely low. Im not sure which advertisers you are working with, but those numbers do not seem right in any sense.

If you are basing your calculations off of the advertisements you currently have based on the 25% faster for 30 minutes elixir for an ad, these are not accurate calculations since nobody needs 25% speed as it doesn't motivate any of the players to actually want to watch the video since it is almost unnoticeable in game. You need to motivate people to want to watch the advertisment before taking a look at the statistics you get from them. Not saying you are using statistics from those ads but if you are, these is not an accurate representation of what really happens

QuaseT
11-17-2018, 08:05 PM
I think sts can judge their own methods of advertising pretty well. Its in their interest to get the best out of their game. This is not their first game, not their first year to handle, they are professionals.

PostNoob
11-18-2018, 02:06 AM
I mean, its nice people are caring but im pretty sure Sts would be doing this if it was beneficial to the game -_-. I mean... They have had a business for half as long as the average age of players of AL :3, or at least their maturity level.