PDA

View Full Version : The New Trade - THE PROBLEMS

Reaper
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
We have been speaking about it over at Legends (http://theappradar.com) and we have came up with the following problems and solutions for the trade.

Problems:

1) Chat Spam "WTB this", "WTS that" etc...
2) Scamming (User puts item on, takes it off then trades)
3) Under/Over rated items (Users don't know what they are getting)

Resolutions:

1) Make a trade channel for trade only chat AND block the phrases and abbreviations of 'Want to buy (WTB) and Want to Sell (WTS)' in general chat.
2) Make users confirm trade, probably already done.
3) Give the user a notification if the item is 'Less, Same, Higher, Much Higher' than the one(s) they are trading or make a list :)

-Joey,
Legends Guild (http://www.theappradar.com)

rangerlump
04-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the new trade option is mainly so I can give the Enchantress in my dungeon group the Pink Staff that was randomly awarded to my warrior. I am more than happy with that.

but I agree, the spam will be out of control!! hehe

Banned
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
They said this is just a temporary way to solve the issue of no trade. Not a permanent solution so they will eventually improve and change it.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
solutions.
1) there should be a grand exchange/auction house in addition to the regular trade, and I would really like to see a separate chat channel for trading, But banning the words WTS and WTB(want to buy) (want to sell), I do not think is a good idea.
2)Yes there needs to be a confirmation screen, if not two confirmation screens, and if a player takes out an item from the trading box then the other player should have his items that are in the trading box automatically removed and placed back in inventory.
3)there needs to be a full desciption of every item in the trading box, with a comparison so that players can see if the item is any better than the one they have already(like in the inventory when you are viewing a new item)
One more thing is that players should have an option of either dragging items from inventory to the trading box (click then drag then release to put item in trading box), or clicking items from inventory to trading box. [clicking in this case refers to touching]

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Another possible option would to have a seperate window where you can put your items up for sale and other players can view through the items and purchase and the money goes to your account. that option might take alot of coding but would keep the wtb spam away.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Another possible option would to have a seperate window where you can put your items up for sale and other players can view through the items and purchase and the money goes to your account. that option might take alot of coding but would keep the wtb spam away.

This could be something that can get in quickly to address the issue of spamming.

Justg
04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
These are all great suggestions! Please be aware that what we are putting in is what we consider to be a bare minimum to address the issue ofplayers passing items back and forth. To implement some of the more advanced features you have outlined will take more time, and would therefore further delay anything getting to you at all.

Our preference is to push out the client patch to Apple today so that we can get you base functionality asap, and then take care of more features once you are able to have basic trading.

In other words, you can have it soon, or you can have it perfect, but you can't have it both :)

_ck
04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
These are all great suggestions! Please be aware that what we are putting in is what we consider to be a bare minimum to address the issue ofplayers passing items back and forth. To implement some of the more advanced features you have outlined will take more time, and would therefore further delay anything getting to you at all.

Our preference is to push out the client patch to Apple today so that we can get you base functionality asap, and then take care of more features once you are able to have basic trading.

In other words, you can have it soon, or you can have it perfect, but you can't have it both :)

Do make sure to note that it's a temporary trading system though, otherwise I can foresee another storm of disgruntled people complaining that it isn't advanced enough, yada yada yada. Make sure that people understand that this is a basic quick fix, and something better/perfect is coming later.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
ok ill guess go with a quick basic rough trading system, then in about 1 or 2 weeks, or so, I would like to see a separate chat channel for trading, wisper chat (where you can talk to a specific player), messaging (where you can send players messages when they are online or offline), and there should be a need/greed/pass system, also there should be a different solo level for each class in each dungeon (so players can get items for their own class). Then later on there should be an advanced trading system which includes all our ideas.

two things I think would be easy fixes are that players should get loot according to their class, if two or more players are the same class in a dungeon then it would be just random which player of that class gets the item, or they could say need/greed/pass, then if two or more players say need then the item would randomly go to one of the players that said need.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future then just make it so that players get items according to class and if two or more players are the same class then the item would randomly go to one of the players of that class, or there would be turns on who get the item so that one person does not get most of the items in the dungeon.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future also then there can just be turns on who gets an item, or just a simple need/greed/pass system. And also in the future you guys could make a grand exchange/auction house in addition to the regular trading and looting system. You guys could combine all of these ideas to make it into a ultimate advanced trading and looting system.

darrensmith016
04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
im looking forword to this, a basic trade system would be amazing between players. and a authion house would be great, players will start making money. but as of yet there are no trades etc so loads of money would be pointless

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm up for the quick crude trading system for now. I'm always low on money due to using a billion potions

Rambogesus
04-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Basic trading would be great you guys can always work on specifics later

Deathshock
04-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I like the first and second thing, but the warning notification would seem sort of dumb after a while for people who have been playing the game for a while.

darrensmith016
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm up for the quick crude trading system for now. I'm always low on money due to using a billion potions

we need an auto potion button!

Buvet
04-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I think that an auction house would quench the need for chat spamming. People looking to sell to random people would go to the auction house, people just wanting to trade with friends will do so.

wraithx1
04-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Why not just make it possible to trade items between friends or players in your instanced map? That way there would be no mad spamming and if a warrior got an archers drop in the dungeon he could trade it with that archer or whatever.