PDA

View Full Version : Scamming in Al

radagan
11-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Sts is most likely gonna shut down this post soon, but still its worth a shot.

There has been so many scamming cases in Al recently.

My friend lost his lvl 60 arti to a scammer called apport today. Why isnt sts doing anything?
Eveytime someone creates a thread it just gets deleted and scammers can continue their work with new characters. Whats the reason behind this? Why dont you do anything about it, bcz you could I if you wanted to.

When someone is selling plat or posts free plat posts in town, they so serious and get handled immediately. Why dont you care about what the community is doing to eachothers?

Avaree
11-17-2018, 03:37 PM
When a player lets a "friend" use/try an item, they know the risks involved. (Not saying this is the case)

If a player can't afford to replace the item s/he loans out, don't lend without collateral. Too bad for your friend.

QuaseT
11-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Everybody who lends does this at their own risk. Getting scammed is basically ur own fault. Just take insurrence if u want to make sure he cant scam. As avaree said :)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/f5995d6e4b3343a1e9a3e850cdd40361.jpg

radagan
11-18-2018, 01:57 AM
Yea I know these things, its their own fault etc.
But still isnt it wrong to pretend to be a friend then just wait for the right moment?
Nobody can defend this kind of action.
If those things on quas post arent considered as scam it means the only things that are considered a scam are about platinum. And the reason for that its harmful for sts’ economy.

So after all scam means, tricking or cheating someone out of their posessions, correct me if Im wrong

PostNoob
11-18-2018, 01:59 AM
Please sts, slog through hundreds of S/A (scammer accusations) to find the real scammers, please waste your time on this and do not focus on content.

Its so hard to get scammed in Arcane legends i really dont feel sorry for the people that get scammed anymore. I guess i do for the not wealthy new people that get scammed by old pros.

I bet your friend wont make that mistake again. Ive only ever "borrowed" items to a person that i can find irl, so i can collect if i really need to :3.

I just dont get people sometimes..

VenomSet
11-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Yea I know these things, its their own fault etc.
But still isnt it wrong to pretend to be a friend then just wait for the right moment?
Nobody can defend this kind of action.
If those things on quas post arent considered as scam it means the only things that are considered a scam are about platinum. And the reason for that its harmful for sts’ economy.

So after all scam means, tricking or cheating someone out of their posessions, correct me if Im wrong

It seems this is the nature of human beings.
They aren’t any better in the real world. Is war necessary? Is murder necessary? No. But the world is full of it.

Zylx
11-18-2018, 09:54 AM
As people above have mentioned, scams happen within the game at the fault of oneself, a decision made to lend an item/gold/etc to another player. There is a word called "no". And the only thing people lose are harmless virtual items.

The gold phishing on the other hand involves 3rd party websites posing as either affiliates of STS (impersonation) or as a "hacking tool" to swindle people into revealing their account info, which may or may not be their own google account with their own private and personal info

So it makes sense as to why their focus is prioritized towards the account phishing over the "he took my thing and didnt give it back". No system is perfect, and there is no such thing as 100% efficiency. Which is why these phishers are an everyday battle.

putoshomai
11-18-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm just a no one .. but no matter what you do and say its still her/his fault bro. If she/he can't read the rules and regulation that has been set .. before he/she agree in this game . Then bro accept the reality. Sts and devs doing their job not only to give us happiness in this game but also to remind us that its still our own choice to failed and not to failed . Im not saying there is no solution about that kind of problem but don't blame someone for your own mistakes. thank you . .. no one can change human nature ..

Sent from my Flare 2.1 using Tapatalk

radagan
11-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Yes, I see why sts cabt handle these cases.
But Im just wondering, who are these ppl irl? Didnt they mother love and raise them or something. How can they become anything in life or even be good citizens if they cant even achieve basic human decency in a social video game?

Spheresome
11-18-2018, 10:51 AM
I just want to comment and say that yes, while it is in the terms of service and that it is the players own fault for having done his/her action that caused him/her to be scammed or lose their items. This causes people to quit regardless of whether of not it is against the terms of service or if it is their own fault or not. I think that while it is not sts intention to shrink the size of the community. It has been their negligence against instances like this that has allowed the problem to persist and continue.

I personally think that we as a community shoild focus more on the big picture, and that is keeping the community as alive as possible. That even though it is that persons fault for being scammed. The person who does scam should be held accountable for their actions.

My belief is that, people who have been scammed should not be returned their items as it is theirr fault for having been scammed. But the people who are scamming should be punished and sts should be very harsh on their punishments as to disuade others from doing so.

Its just my opinion on how sts should handle things, dont shoot me if I my thoughts differ from yours :)

radagan
11-18-2018, 11:06 AM
True, scamming is a major problem and something should be done about it. Scamming shouldnt just be considered as a thing thats always there and it just happens

BRYBE
11-19-2018, 12:38 AM
If banning these scammers happening...

There will be some players who gift you some reasonable items and saying you scammed him/her and you got ban.

Do you want this to happen or just avoid lending your items to “friends”?

BRYBE
11-19-2018, 12:41 AM
Just lend your items to irl friends at least you can go punch the scammer irl if he/her scammed you

radagan
11-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Sts could easily check the truth if banning them would be a thing, but as Ppl have said alrdy, it seems banning them would be too much work

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 01:12 AM
Sts is most likely gonna shut down this post soon, but still its worth a shot.

There has been so many scamming cases in Al recently.

My friend lost his lvl 60 arti to a scammer called apport today. Why isnt sts doing anything?
Eveytime someone creates a thread it just gets deleted and scammers can continue their work with new characters. Whats the reason behind this? Why dont you do anything about it, bcz you could I if you wanted to.

When someone is selling plat or posts free plat posts in town, they so serious and get handled immediately. Why dont you care about what the community is doing to eachothers?

You guys are falling for scams too easily.......... Like, seriously.......

I know "openness" (I think I made up that word) and "freedom" is a huge part of this game but, you guys can't expect STS to babysit...... You kinda have to meet them halfway........ Be wiser with your hard earned/luckily obtained items........ STOP giving your stuff to people.... Supposed "friends" sometimes are "wolves in sheep clothing"................................ Sometimes prospective buyers are wolves, too............

Be wiser....... The world is dirty.......

radagan
11-19-2018, 01:22 AM
We are not on the antique or medieval age where trusting ppl was a weakness xd The only thing that ppl who got scammed do wrong is trusting people. Then the trash ppl abuse it

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 01:29 AM
We are not on the antique or medieval age where trusting ppl was a weakness xd The only thing that ppl who got scammed do wrong is trusting people. Then the trash ppl abuse it

Stop trusting your "digital homeboys"..........

Scamming "only" occurs when you "trust" those "digital BFF's".........................................

What is supposed to be done about the "lack of intelligence"?........... STS can code but, they can't decipher and control the human mind........

radagan
11-19-2018, 01:43 AM
Remember there are real people behind the toons, and as you said they can think, which means they make their own choices. Seems they just lack on conscience

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 01:51 AM
So what are you suggesting?

Do you want STS to personally monitor you and all of the other Arlorians to make sure you all do not engage in "reckless habits"?................

If you suck your thumb, how does STS stop that???????

Only option for these type of actions is to ban trading/gifting...... But, that just weakens the game itself.............. So...................

radagan
11-19-2018, 01:59 AM
Sir I havent been scammed.
You just seem not to understand scamming isnt about the thing you call intelligence. Most of the ppl here have real lifes, and the ppl who scam them arent their ”Bffs”
Scammers wont stop after just 1 scam they will do it again and again
And Im not suggesting anything, its sts’ choice ehat they will do

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Sir I havent been scammed.
You just seem not to understand scamming isnt about the thing you call intelligence. Most of the ppl here have real lifes, and the ppl who scam them arent their ”Bffs”
Scammers wont stop after just 1 scam they will do it again and again
And Im not suggesting anything, its sts’ choice ehat they will do

I'm not saying "you've" been scammed.......

I'm wondering, what do "YOU" expect to be done????? You made the thread.........

Only option is to "BAN" trading/gifting...............

So, if you aren't suggesting a ban against trading/gifting, what's the point of your thread?

You guys crying about you and/or your friends being scammed is becoming a bit old...........................

radagan
11-19-2018, 02:07 AM
You are talking like you accept scamming.
You say that scammers belong to this game and they are fine
You are saying scammers cant be held responsible for scamming, like it just happened not his fault.

Im saying something needs to be done

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:11 AM
You are talking like you accept scamming.
You say that scammers belong to this game and they are fine
You are saying scammers cant be held responsible for scamming, like it just happened not his fault.

Im saying something needs to be done

OK..... "WHAT" do you suggest needs to be done???????? Other than "BANNING" trading/gifting, there is "NOTHING" that can be done about the "MINDSET" of people like you and your friends........ You can't have cake if you always eat it......

radagan
11-19-2018, 02:18 AM
Politicians dont say This has to be done they say something needs to be done ;)
This is called making people think for themselves and maybe reach sts, they would know exactly what to do if they think about solutions

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:20 AM
Politicians dont say This has to be done they say something needs to be done ;)
This is called making people think for themselves and maybe reach sts, they would know exactly what to do if they think about solutions

Good luck with this one, STS..............

I recommend a stress ball and tons of caffeine (I actually recommend brewskies, but....LOL)........

radagan
11-19-2018, 02:21 AM
What makes you think that scamming is acceptable?

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:25 AM
What makes you think that scamming is acceptable?

Not saying it's "acceptable"......

What i'm saying is that, with the current system/freedom in place, there is no possible cure for stupidity/being gullible...... Only option is to be "daddy" and put trading/gifting on "time out/ban"...................

radagan
11-19-2018, 02:30 AM
There is always something that can can be done. What would be more important, than a community in which ppl can trust eachother?
Where Im from if you drop a wallet or a phone you can be sure to get it back.
When you think about it, coming to chill in this game doesnt rly differ that much from real life

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:37 AM
There is always something that can can be done. What would be more important, than a community in which ppl can trust eachother?
Where Im from if you drop a wallet or a phone you can be sure to get it back.
When you think about it, coming to chill in this game doesnt rly differ that much from real life

That's the problem..... Not everyone is from "paradise".....

Where i'm from, drop a phone or wallet, and you already know you will never see it again................ Where i'm from, sometimes just displaying a phone or wallet can be bad news..........

There are no rules in life.............. There is nothing STS can do to make people "honest" and "trustworthy"........ STS can't control "people".... Otherwise they would have all of us and our pay methods hooked up to machines that basically automatically feeds off of us..........

radagan
11-19-2018, 02:41 AM
You are right there are too many players from too many places not everyone can be cool.
Maybe the acts preventing scamming would be too harsh for the game, although I still think trust and antiscam should be the No1 priorities.

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 02:58 AM
You are right there are too many players from too many places not everyone can be cool.
Maybe the acts preventing scamming would be too harsh for the game, although I still think trust and antiscam should be the No1 priorities.

I think I should be able to leave my laptop inside of starbucks while mingling with associates out front...... U think that's a good idea????? Should I "trust" that???????

When it comes to "valuables", people only see a "gain"................ Someone is "always" in search of a "gain", hence cellphones having "lock Screens" and such...............

radagan
11-19-2018, 03:10 AM
Property protection can be easily achieved in smaller countries, why not in this small community of a game?

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 03:13 AM
Property protection can be easily achieved in smaller countries, why not in this small community of a game?

LOL.... That's like asking "a god": "why do we eventually die".........................

radagan
11-19-2018, 03:16 AM
A simple system where you can gift an item and choose a time whence you want it back 1,3,12 hrs or not at all? Wont affect trades or auction

Motherless_Child
11-19-2018, 03:19 AM
A simple system where you can gift an item and choose a time whence you want it back 1,3,12 hrs or not at all? Wont affect trades or auction

Finally...... A "suggestion" on how to combat scamming......

Now we are getting somewhere...... And, the suggestion is actually NOTT bad...... LOL........ Progress......

radagan
11-19-2018, 04:00 AM
Haha indeed

Crazyvish
11-19-2018, 06:10 AM
True,i got my mire amu str scammed also,but idc anyways,it was my fault also,we need to double check and learn from our mistakes i suppose

PatD
11-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Only thing need is educate people, if u don't want lose something just don't lend it!! this is so simple!!

as of your protection thing i'm completely against it, if i want something bad and you offer to borrow yours to me i will refuse cuz i want to work hard to get it, whats the point of the game if you can try everything for free???

The system in place is perfect as it is, its impossible to be scam if you are careful!

Give or sell, never lend!!! golden rule in any mmorpg games!

Motherless_Child
11-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Only thing need is educate people, if u don't want lose something just don't lend it!! this is so simple!!

as of your protection thing i'm completely against it, if i want something bad and you offer to borrow yours to me i will refuse cuz i want to work hard to get it, whats the point of the game if you can try everything for free???

The system in place is perfect as it is, its impossible to be scam if you are careful!

Give or sell, never lend!!! golden rule in any mmorpg games!

No..... People already have been proven to be too stupid or gullible to be educated..... STS just needs to follow radagan's suggestion and allow people to "lend" for a "duration" of time and have it be "automatically" returned at the end of the selected/agreed upon time duration...

PatD
11-20-2018, 11:47 AM
No..... People already have been proven to be too stupid or gullible to be educated..... STS just needs to follow radagan's suggestion and allow people to "lend" for a "duration" of time and have it be "automatically" returned at the end of the selected/agreed upon time duration...

People who cant understand this basic rule: Give or sell, never lend!!!, should just play other kind of games and come back when they are more older and mature

Iculous
11-20-2018, 05:37 PM
the only true way to stop scamming and people getting upset and quitting over it, is to stop the ability to trade all together and just rely on auction.

think about it, that would solve all the complaints/scamming all together.

Fyrce
11-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Humans have had hundreds, if not thousands, of years of laws and morality against being mean and evil and stealing and murder. Humans spend billions of dollars on law enforcement and on morality "monitors".

Are humans now 100% moral and crime free? Why do you lock your doors and chain your bike and put your toys behind closed doors? The internet is much more infinite and anonymous than actually creating a material body and material objects.

Why would you believe STS can regulate the morality and all actions of all people who could possibly play its game? Why do you view the world this way? Why do you view the internet this way?

ADDENDUM:
I have seen people I actually physically know try to "miss-score" on friendly games. I have seen a relative, now ex-relative, cheat at a holiday game of Monopoly and at friendly card games, where everyone is sitting around a table.

I certainly do not expect strangers to behave not only unrealistically pristine and moral, but better than people I actually know in real life.

I have seen and heard of people who raid people's homes at their funeral! I have seen people kick out their cat because it was too old for them to take care of. Next door neighbors with gardeners, nannies, and catered parties.

I certainly do not expect nebulous strangers to behave better.

radagan
11-21-2018, 12:07 AM
True, its nothing but a dream