PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Improve Our Community? Please Post if you have ideas! =)

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Figured I'd change the discussion topics up on the general forums cause they all tend to be about the same thing just worded differently most of the times we log in.

So with that being said:

How Can We Improve Our Community?

I have a few suggestions but I would like to hear others thoughts and ideas on how we can either bring new people in or even improve our community as a whole with our current members..=)

For instance:

We have contests, guilds, and well forums so we all can communicate and we all learn about each other.

A lot of people participate in the weekly Twitter contest... etc...

I was wondering if anyone had any new ideas or even old ideas on how we can expand our family.

I know a lot of people play Star Legends privately and don't want people knowing that they play in fear of the whole being made fun of, or even some being shocked. Swallow your pride and tell people about the game! Tell them about all of the great people that play this game and that they should give it a try.

I always like meeting new/playing with new people.

So if you have any ideas feel free to post.

Even if your idea requires funding to push forward, please feel free to post. Ex. Flyers for the game to get people to check it out/interested.

Please keep in mind I'm not asking you to go out and spend your hard earned money on flyers...lol It's just a suggestions.

College kids maybe post things up around campus about Star Legends. Or if you work in an office environment, sneak an SL Flyer onto the daily bulletin board....lol

Anyways, post your ideas, would like to hear/read them...=)

Pharcyde
11-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Idea #1 to improve the community: Get rid of community rep system? Hmmmm?

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 01:41 PM
You mean like the Thanks thing? I'm totally down with that idea...lol I don't really know what its suppose to represent. Alot of great Ideas go up that don't get the Thanks they deserve.

I even made a joke out of it in my sig...lol

Ohh and heres a Thanks for your post!

Pharcyde
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Heheh I miss the days when rep was actually based on YOU and not some green bar. Oh man I miss the days of random trolls calling very well respected people out on the forums without knowing it and getting absolutely crushed. *Daydreams*

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 01:57 PM
You mean like the Thanks thing? I'm totally down with that idea...lol I don't really know what its suppose to represent. Alot of great Ideas go up that don't get the Thanks they deserve.

I even made a joke out of it in my sig...lol

Ohh and heres a Thanks for your post!

I don't think that's a joke in your sig lol :p

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't think that's a joke in your sig lol :p

It is Kahlua, just like the "Guy on the Couch thing" and not to mention my last guild I made. "Obama Health Care Plan". If you knew me you'd know that, but you don't really know me that well. Anyone that plays with me knows I joke around a lot. Lol

What I really wanted to put there won't fit due to signature limitations. =(

CanonicalKoi
11-24-2011, 02:22 PM
One of the things that can help is spread the word about the Forums and how to get here. I've pointed a bunch of people this direction, because where else are they going to find this much info? Got questions on builds/guilds/quests/when things will be released/random silliness? Come to the forums. Want to meet new folks/find people to run a quest with/want people to do XP runs with? Come to the forums.

Any time I get asked a question, I answer it to the best of my ability *and* point them this way. And I do the same with RL folks or people I know from other places on the 'Net that I point game-ward--come hang out on the forums for a day or two, see what we're all about and then come join us in-game. People hear other people having fun and they just have to check it out for themselves. :)

Ardon
11-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Before someone posts a thread. Messages should pop up asking, "Have you used the searchbar?"
"Are you sure? "
"C'mon, don't lie to me"
"Well suit yourself, I warned you."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 04:13 PM
It is Kahlua, just like the "Guy on the Couch thing" and not to mention my last guild I made. "Obama Health Care Plan". If you knew me you'd know that, but you don't really know me that well. Anyone that plays with me knows I joke around a lot. Lol

What I really wanted to put there won't fit due to signature limitations. =(

mmm looks to me like you just wanted people to raise your rep, and when Pharcyde mentioned it, it became a joke. It's whatever, a lot of people have it in their sigs. I don't see the point of asking people to raise it because you shouldn't require points for making a good gesture.

Now thank this post or I'll spam this thread with pictures of cute animals

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:18 PM
mmm looks to me like you just wanted people to raise your rep, and when Pharcyde mentioned it, it became a joke. It's whatever, a lot of people have it in their sigs. I don't see the point of asking people to raise it because you shouldn't require points for making a good gesture.

Now thank this post or I'll spam this thread with pictures of cute animals

Rep honestly means nothing, the way I carry myself is good enough for that...lol you either like me or you don't. Simple as that. Yet you've totally changed the vibe of this posts original intention like you seem to do most posts. So no I refuse to thank your post because I like cute animals. =P. And now that I think about it pictures of cute animals might improve the community so POST AWAYYYYY!

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
EVERYONE HELP THE COMMUNITY.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3664/29915150.jpg

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
One of the things that can help is spread the word about the Forums and how to get here. I've pointed a bunch of people this direction, because where else are they going to find this much info? Got questions on builds/guilds/quests/when things will be released/random silliness? Come to the forums. Want to meet new folks/find people to run a quest with/want people to do XP runs with? Come to the forums.

Any time I get asked a question, I answer it to the best of my ability *and* point them this way. And I do the same with RL folks or people I know from other places on the 'Net that I point game-ward--come hang out on the forums for a day or two, see what we're all about and then come join us in-game. People hear other people having fun and they just have to check it out for themselves. :)

Nice great idea canon =D

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 04:27 PM

I want!

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 04:30 PM
SAVE THE COMMUNITY! (I want a fox :()
http://s3.apkhub.com/fe280e4f5f4e11df9948000b2f3ed30f.jpg

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Omg I so want one of those puppy looking things!!!! Nooooooo you have found my weaknessssssssss!!!!!! *faints*

CanonicalKoi
11-24-2011, 04:33 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3664/29915150.jpg

*Squees severly* Awwww..... :D

Badger, badger, badger, badger....

My apologies for the threadjack, but....cute animals!

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
snaakkeeee its a snakkeeee. SSSSSNNNAAAAKKKEEEEEE.

On a side note - Is this even cute? It's so small and I want to see a little baby riding on it's back. I think things that are supposed to be big that are small are adorable!
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/002/cache/baby-asian-elephant_227_600x450.jpg

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 04:42 PM
snaakkeeee its a snakkeeee. SSSSSNNNAAAAKKKEEEEEE.

On a side note - Is this even cute? It's so small and I want to see a little baby riding on it's back. I think things that are supposed to be big that are small are adorable!

Yup it sure is :D

Tho up close and personal, I prob wouldn't want it anywhere near me :p

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Id throw some sweet Thanks reputation for cute aminals but mobile mode doesnt let you... terrribleeeeee.

Btw, that Baby Elephant so ruined the moment.

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
oh come on it's so cute :(
It's like a mini-horse. Only it's a mini-elephant...ok it's nothing like a mini-horse at all. I'd get one. And ride it.

PS - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__82348puvBM/TACA7PXeDNI/AAAAAAAAAB4/DnVPw_0wnjw/s640/golden-retriever-puppies.jpg

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Id throw some sweet Thanks reputation for cute aminals but mobile mode doesnt let you... terrribleeeeee.

Btw, that Baby Elephant so ruined the moment.

Maybe we should all use the mobile app so that we can't give it :p (Though I like the thanks, maybe not needed as a counter on show, but you know what I mean)

As for that elephant, it looks no smaller than up to my shin, that makes it cute, as they are masssssive when fully grown ;)

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:53 PM
" it looks no smaller than up to my shin, that makes it cute, as they are masssssive when fully grown" -Bodmasta

Thats what he said.

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
" it looks no smaller than up to my shin, that makes it cute, as they are masssssive when fully grown" -Bodmasta

Thats what he said.

Tut Tut... hahahaa

Was that an award winning quote to help the community?? :p

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
That might improve community relations somewhat, yes.

CanonicalKoi
11-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Bunnehs disapprove of your frivolity...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/bunneh.jpg

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 05:03 PM
That bunny looks Evil.

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Kahlua hated my signature so I changed it. :sniffles:

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 05:14 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bGQHDncKMFM/TU4spH5-21I/AAAAAAAAC4I/Lz790rsnq68/s1600/puppy+eats+puppy.jpg

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Omg are those huskies! I love huskies!

Paar
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Improve Negativity to Positivity(:

P.S. I love all your Loooong Posts Rod!

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Improve Negativity to Positivity(:

P.S. I love all your Loooong Posts Rod!

I Love You Too, Duh!

SuperNas
11-24-2011, 05:38 PM
It need love too

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 05:47 PM
omg that's uh...well it's...um...heh...oh look more puppies!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lan_GAxCiQI/TTaStEHOFpI/AAAAAAAAAF0/VhFWbpu3Ynk/s640/cute-puppy-pictures-sorry-eyes1.jpg

TsunamiTheClown
11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Lets agree on a *UNIVERSAL* "I've just been muted" action for in game. I think that the unexpected mute is often quite damaging to the community. See Lady_pebbles post in the suggestions forum.

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Chowny I'm telling you, the dunce cap idea I posted is the answer. It's funny, obvious...and since everyone will point and laugh at the dunce...it'll stop foul language! :D

TsunamiTheClown
11-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Chowny I'm telling you, the dunce cap idea I posted is the answer. It's funny, obvious...and since everyone will point and laugh at the dunce...it'll stop foul language! :D

Kally i think your idea is awesome! i really do sis, it is just that, until the devs decide that something needs to be done here, there will be no mute vanity cap (lol). They have not experienced the weirdness of not being able to speak to their friends in game unexpectedly (in so far as i am aware). And each time that i have been muted (3) it was so not expected or warranted. I am not sure how much this really cleans up the in game chat...but believe me i am not for profanity.

So dunce cap? Im down. Until then ???

Fac3bon3s
11-24-2011, 09:26 PM
http://mfrost.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/000_0367.JPG
This

Samhayne
11-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Here I thought I was going to find a gold mine of ideas and I got a thread with lolcats pictures.

:D

CappinClutch
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Here I thought I was going to find a gold mine of ideas and I got a thread with lolcats pictures.

Hey not for nothing this was the perfect end to my Thanksgiving, my wife is staring at me while I'm laughing to the point of tears at this thread...until the naked mole rat...total killjoy status...threads like this just make me love the knuckleheads in our community even more...happy holidays to all!

CanonicalKoi
11-24-2011, 11:39 PM
That bunny looks Evil.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/BunnyESP-1.jpg

(And sorry, Sam! I think the canids out-numbered the felines. :D )

Rodvik
11-25-2011, 01:52 AM
(And sorry, Sam! I think the canids out-numbered the felines. :D )

Ebalere doesn't out number us!

Ohh I thought you said Canadians... sorry.

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 07:31 AM

LOL!

Maybe this will help....

Im going to grace you with my presence on my 2000th post :D

Woooooooop!!! And this calls for.. ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(Each one represents 100 posts :p)

It has been great to be apart of this amazing community/family!! And hope to continue this journey as long as I possibly can!! Have enjoyed my time thoroughly!

Any player that reads the forums, but are not willing/or have never posted due to worrying that you will make a fool of yoursleves, or ask the wrong questioned and get shoned. There is no need to worry STS are looking to expand, and so are we! Its always fun meeting new and interesting/funny/opinionated players!! Everyone should have a place to have their say.. and this is it :) (Not meaning new to the games just in posting on the forums :D)

If you looked at my first few posts or any senior/respected member of this communities, im sure you will find newbie questions there. Tts how we learn from them questions and expand and pass on that knowledge we have in order to help newer members just the way we needed help back then. ;)

Hope that not all my posts have been random and unwanted.. and have actually had some meaning and input into the game also the community itself :)

(Wowza, was only going to say a word or two.. got a little carried away :p)

Kahlua
11-25-2011, 08:06 AM
LOTS-O-WORDS
http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/moderator-kitteh-lolcat.jpg

Rodvik
11-25-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/moderator-kitteh-lolcat.jpg

+1 to this message!

Bodmasta and his soppy stories. Made me shed a tear and all... uggg... I hate being emotional.

CanonicalKoi
11-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Ebalere doesn't out number us!

Ohh I thought you said Canadians... sorry.

Then it's just as well I didn't mention the leporidae--who knows what madness that might've led to!!!! :D

+1 to what Bod said. You can read the forums and gain a lot, but you get a lot more out of it if you just jump in and post. We don't bite (much) and it's easier for people to get to know you here than from the game. *looks at death count and ponders how many of those were typing deaths* Yikes! And congrats on hitting the 2k post mark, Bod! May your count continue to ever-climb.