PDA

View Full Version : veteran holiday items

maneatingtree
11-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I think that holiday items should be changed a bit. The normal holiday items should all be stepped up a bit per year. For ex a green festival talon from 2010 should be changed to elite festival talon and color should be changed from green to purple and from purple to pink and pink to gold which would be a new rarity.

This new rarity should not be droppable. It should be a veterans items. So all pink items from 2010 should be gold because theyre veterans items.

Also the vanitys from 2010 like the pumpkin hat and the reindeer antlers (quest items only) should be made golden and given stats instead of devs having to make new items for vet rewards.

Lastly the new gold vanitys should be tradable and they should not have cheap stats like founder helmet but rather a crit bonus or hit or h/m regen bonus.

drewcapu
11-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Since holiday items scale to any 10-level tier, there's only so many different "stats" they can issue without complicating things.

I'd honestly be perfectly fine if they just kept items with the same stats every year but gave items from different years a slightly different look.

Gaunab
11-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Giving stats to some vanities is a big no-no.

There have been sooo much complaints about the bonuses provided by vanities such founders helm or the Elite vanity sets. Introducing bonuses to some items that habe been available in the past would just stir the fire.

Why don't they just let these event/discontinued items stay DISCONTINUED!?
But no, nothing is holy to STS anymore and they don't hesitate to bring back some antlers (what i felt very unique for) or antennas, with bitter irony saying "you were there" to squeeze out the last bit of plat out of it...
Very sad IMO, and for everyone who actually "was there", but unfortunately the vast majority wasn't and will happily throw their money at STS... /end rant

As drew said, new stats for all items (which scale to every 5-level tier btw) and introducing a totally new rarity class is very impractical...
Different looks would be awsome! And some people would also be happy with a simple namechange (like an added "2011" or "2010"). That would not make them totally use their value, which was very upsetting for many collectors of holiday items. It's not hard to add this tiny bit, is it?

I hope the devs will be at least a little bit more innovative for christmas event, than they were for Halloween... :)

Gaunab
11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Giving stats to some vanities is a big no-no.

There have been sooo much complaints about the bonuses provided by vanities such founders helm or the Elite vanity sets. Introducing bonuses to some items would just stir the fire.

Why don't they just let these event/discontinued items stay DISCONTINUED!?
But no, nothing is holy to STS anymore and they don't hesitate to bring back some antlers (what i felt very unique for) or antennas, with bitter irony saying "you were there" to squeeze out the last bit of plat out of it...
Very sad IMO, and for everyone who actually "was there", but unfortunately the vast majority wasn't and will happily throw their money at STS... /end rant

As drew said, new stats for all items (which scale to every 5-level tier btw) and introducing a totally new rarity class is very impractical...
Different looks would be awsome! And some people would also be happy with a simple namechange (like an added "2011" or "2010"). That would not make them totally use their value, which was very upsetting for many collectors of holiday items. It's not hard to add this tiny bit, is it?

I hope the devs will be at least a little bit more innovative for christmas event, than they were for Halloween... :)