PDA

View Full Version : Basic Info on archer skills

soaren
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know of an excel-style spreadsheet on info about the skills/how much they advance per level? - I found the wiki.

Also, some good pvp/pve specs?

I understand I should go full dex?

Should I rely on potions or learn the regen abilities?

And how many points can you put into an ability before it is "mastered"?

I'm only level 13, I got the hang of it, I got a few respecs so I can try stuff out, but obviously i don't know what skills come later on so I can't accurately plan my character accordingly...

Also, some info on warrior would be nice too, might roll a warrior at some point.

Maybe even a mage.

idk lol, thanks for the help =)

soaren

KingFu
07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Go full dex, everything in dex, use some potions since regen is so low at lower levels.

Here are the skills you will learn in the future, the description of each one is at the bottom of each image.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/654524/3/Pocket%20Legends/Builds/Archer?h=8c2b98

Props to Xhair for the link, I think he made it too!

I believe on archer it's 7 dex=1 dodge, but I may be wrong....

Away
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
You'll be burning your gold if you rely on potions as a bird. Max out meditate and the health skill, so you won't be chugging on too many pots.

KingFu
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
You'll be burning your gold if you rely on potions as a bird. Max out meditate and the health skill, so you won't be chugging on too many pots.

Maxing out restore and med is a waste, it does come in handy at a low level if you are playing without a good healer or a good tanker. I noticed when I was leveling my warrior when he was about level 1-16 people were horrible healers, they would rarely heal, I know that their M/S is lower at a lower level but still, they never used skills, and would only heal when their health was about 10%....

My vote is carry about 25 potions in health and mana, put meditation and restore at 1 or 2 at they level you are at, when you get to leveling 18 start putting more points in med, and try to level in your own expansions with a high populated area, trust me, leveling in Alien Oasis won't get you more EXP then usual, you'll just die more, and get booted.

At level 45, I don't use restore very much at all, I only use it in PvP when I really need to, having about 14 M/S and 14 H/S it isn't a huge boost, but it does come in handy.

Banned
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Do not max out the health skill, it's not worth it.

Banned
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Maxing out restore and med is a waste, it does come in handy at a low level if you are playing without a good healer or a good tanker. I noticed when I was leveling my warrior when he was about level 1-16 people were horrible healers, they would rarely heal, I know that their M/S is lower at a lower level but still, they never used skills, and would only heal when their health was about 10%....

My vote is carry about 25 potions in health and mana, put meditation and restore at 1 or 2 at they level you are at, when you get to leveling 18 start putting more points in med, and try to level in your own expansions with a high populated area, trust me, leveling in Alien Oasis won't get you more EXP then usual, you'll just die more, and get booted.

At level 45, I don't use restore very much at all, I only use it in PvP when I really need to, having about 14 M/S and 14 H/S it isn't a huge boost, but it does come in handy.

HELL NO. Meditation is ESSENTIAL.

soaren
07-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I was kinda leaning toward the pots myself, i dont mind having to do alittle farming to get the pots, so i can save up for skills.

Is the max level for a skill 5?

I'm thinking max:
evade
blast shot
focus
avian scream

for a pvp/pve build until I figure out if I wanna do pvp mainly or pve mainly. I haven't decided yet...

Is pvp "balanced"? notice the quotations =)

thanks

soaren

KingFu
07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
HELL NO. Meditation is ESSENTIAL.

Not at level 13.... lol

Banned
07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I was kinda leaning toward the pots myself, i dont mind having to do alittle farming to get the pots, so i can save up for skills.

I'm thinking max:
evade
blast shot
focus
avian scream

for a pvp/pve build until I figure out if I wanna do pvp mainly or pve mainly. I haven't decided yet...

thanks

soaren

Dude, max...

Evade
Focus
Blast Shot
Break Armor
Meditation
Thorn Root

Not sure if Shattering Scream should be maxed out, and go all Isis gear.

KingFu
07-12-2010, 09:26 PM

I'm thinking max:
evade
blast shot
focus
avian scream

thanks

soaren

I wouldn't max Avian Scream....

Banned
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Not at level 13.... lol

Obviously, but it should be maxed as soon as possible (after Blast Shot, Focus, and Evade).

KingFu
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Obviously, but it should be maxed as soon as possible (after Blast Shot, Focus, and Evade).

Well yeah, I was saying put it at level 5 at least 4 in the future, I think I mentioned that, well I meant to anyways, lol. Remember, you only get 1 skill point a level (which I am sure you know), so I wouldn't max anything until you have extra skill points to burn....

soaren
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
i was thinking avian if in pvp people were all over me.

Banned
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
i was thinking avian if in pvp people were all over me.

That's what Thorn Root is for.

And Mystical, my bad, didn't quite understand what you were trying to say before.

Duke
07-14-2010, 07:51 AM
You'll definitely want 1 rank in Meditation as soon as possible; spam the skill every time it cools down and you have less than maximum mana.

But don't invest any more right away. It's far more important to max out Evade, Blast Shot, and Focus first. I'd say 3 ranks Mediation would be enough until the at least the mid 30's, so just slip an extra rank or two in after maxing the other three and building up Break Armor and Thorn Wall.