PDA

View Full Version : sick of beggars

Zombiemurder
11-24-2011, 10:12 PM
So I've been on sl a lot and almost time im on some random player pms me can I borrow 400 credits,500,600etc. Can sts plz make an option that destroys those messages because I don't like muting ppl because then I look like a jerk but if sts has an option that when some1 does that it could say something like sorry begging messages arnt allowed or something. anyone agre with me?

Deathpunch
11-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Quick chat:

/r I'm sorry, begging is frowned upon by the community. Please refrain from doing so. Thanks! As for your request, no, I will not give you money.

Also, how would the system know if someone was begging?

Example:

Can I get 500 credits?

Can I get 500 credits?

One of those is someone begging, the other is someone telling you a price for an item in a discussion. Which is which?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

MightyMicah
11-24-2011, 11:28 PM
There's a way to counter this. LOL if they say "can I have 500 credits pls pls" just ask them for money! XD I always just respond, "can I have credits pls pls pls pls" and I keep spamming till they leave. Primitive, but effective. lol

CanonicalKoi
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Putting people on mute doesn't make you look like a jerk--they never even know you did. All they know is that you're not responding to their messages, but you could just be ignoring them. I'm with DP: I usually pop them a message asking them to please not beg and that it isn't a going to help their reputation. If they persist, mute keeps me from being annoyed. :)

javier995
11-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Quick chat:

/r I'm sorry, begging is frowned upon by the community. Please refrain from doing so. Thanks! As for your request, no, I will not give you money.

Example:

Can I get 500 credits?

Can I get 500 credits?

One of those is someone begging, the other is someone telling you a price for an item in a discussion. Which is which?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

The one that's telling you a price is obviously the one in the bottom. Why? Because you told us which is which in that order. Idk I'm bored.

If you where discussing an item price, I'm pretty sure 90% of the time they wouldn't ask like that.

Deathpunch
11-24-2011, 11:43 PM
The one that's telling you a price is obviously the one in the bottom. Why? Because you told us which is which in that order. Idk I'm bored.

If you where discussing an item price, I'm pretty sure 90% of the time they wouldn't ask like that.

Really? I see it a lot.

So, how much do you want for that sewper dewper pewper scewper with built-in laser range finder, x20 scope, backpack mount and bag dispenser?

Hmm, can I get 500 credits?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Reggin
11-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Quick chat: /r I'm poor, can I have some credits?

Never had an annoying lazy bum respond, let alone ask me again...

Alternatively, you can go with, /r Sure! I need credits... You can give me some... I appreciate the offer kind stranger!

They never know what to say lol!

JaytB
11-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Best thing to do, is just mentally ignore IMO :D

javier995
11-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Really? I see it a lot.

So, how much do you want for that sewper dewper pewper scewper with built-in laser range finder, x20 scope, backpack mount and bag dispenser?

Hmm, can I get 500 credits?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Nope usually it goes like this:
How does X00k sound?
I'll buy it for X0k
How much you looking for?

Never have I encountered someone to say it the way you said it. Time zone differences maybe? We could be playing with different time zone players. Could brought it. :p

TsunamiTheClown
11-25-2011, 03:39 AM
:facepalm:

Blind
11-25-2011, 03:40 AM
What's even worse is when u have x rays. Now that's real nightmare. All lvl 35s r asking if u r selling or where u got them from.

TsunamiTheClown
11-25-2011, 03:43 AM
What's even worse is when u have x rays. Now that's real nightmare. All lvl 35s r asking if u r selling or where u got them from.

You have X-rays for sale???? :frantic look:

lol

Garvhoz
11-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Say I DONT WANT ANY they leave 99.9% of the time...they always do...

But if a low level trades with you just give them 50credits for that stuff they know you dont need it but just give them something they'll appreciate it

kateku
11-25-2011, 05:31 AM
what's even worse is when u have x rays. Now that's real nightmare. All lvl 35s r asking if u r selling or where u got them from.

hehe... ^^

Kahlua
11-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Some kid traded me a bunch of items the other day...probably worth like 1k at most and asked if I could buy them because he needed money for the last piece of his armor set (he was like lvl 26 or something, looked like he needed chrom chest or whatever). I bought his items and gave him another 5k on top of it. It seriously made his day, and then I pointed him towards the forums. If you've got the money lying around and aren't using it at the moment, might as well share it. Find out what these beggars need it for. Some of them might legitimately need money for a valid reason, and don't have a guild to support them.

I find it funny that people in guilds can ask for like...1k because they need it for armor and we all hop on it because ITS THE GUILDY THING TO DO YAY!!! but when someone we don't know asks for 500 credits, we shun them away and ignore them, trick them, ask for credits in return.

Slant
11-25-2011, 05:59 AM
hmm, id be careful of farmers tho, people who persistently beg just to make money, or join guilds and beg and leave

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Or... you could start this game back up, I had some success doing this (only when you are being begged) dont go looking for them :p

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40170-The-Beggar-Game-A-new-source-of-fun!

Rodvik
11-25-2011, 08:16 AM
I give small amounts of money to lower level if they ask nicely and dont spam, there really isn't anything wrong with that. Then again 500 credits won't dent my pockets so I don't mind. Though the higher levels that normally random message beg me for credits, I normally just flip the script, and start asking them for money. Most of them don't know what to do.

Zombiemurder
11-25-2011, 08:38 AM
I would give money but I've got low funds right now plus I'm trying to get certain items and to do that I need the money

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I give small amounts of money to lower level if they ask nicely and dont spam, there really isn't anything wrong with that. Then again 500 credits won't dent my pockets so I don't mind. Though the higher levels that normally random message beg me for credits, I normally just flip the script, and start asking them for money. Most of them don't know what to do.

If a players asking questions and such, and I see that they are generally nice people and have a good laugh or two, in the middle of the conversation I chuck them a few items that I have in my pockets for their class, and they can't be any more grateful ;)

MightyMicah
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I usually ask "why do you need it?" If they give a valid answer I usually either give them $ or give tips on how to make cash (this is more so in PL)

javier995
11-25-2011, 03:16 PM
I got asked for 50k from a guilders so he can buy a pink pistol. I told him, " What heck do I look like a bank? Lol I don't give that kind of money to anyone especially if you just joined." He left.

On PL someone asked me for 2k, so u was like what the hay and gave it to him. Only bc I have a decent amount of gold. To my surprise he got on his main and gave me 10k in return. He said he wanted to know if I was really nice bc he saw me on forums. He rewarded me for an act of kindness, it made my day but I gave it back.

Tvis
11-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Quick chat:

Example:

Can I get 500 credits?

Can I get 500 credits?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Good point. It's tough to get chat filter correct for inappropriate language. It would be very difficult to get it to work for certain statements.

Nope usually it goes like this:
How does X00k sound?
I'll buy it for X0k
How much you looking for?

Never have I encountered someone to say it the way you said it. Time zone differences maybe? We could be playing with different time zone players. Could brought it. :p

It's different for each person. I've been playing these games since PL was first founded and I can bear witness that it varies considerably.

Rodvik
11-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Some noob just asked me for 100k. I laffed, and asked him why he needed? He said I want Guttersnipe pink pistol. So I went to the Cs and bought him one.

*See ya'll were expecting a different ending.*

javier995
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Some noob just asked me for 100k. I laffed, and asked him why he needed? He said I want Guttersnipe pink pistol. So I went to the Cs and bought him one.

*See ya'll were expecting a different ending.*

You made me laugh ty.

Deathsminion
11-25-2011, 05:21 PM
My best one was today...

Someone came up and said "lend me 50k so i can buy xrays"
I said "how much do you have already?"
He said "40k"
I said "ummm who is selling them for that so i can check u aint scamming" ( i wanted to buy em if it was real ;))
He said "(name)"
I added it and it was soooo obvious that it was his alt.
Made me laugh before i said it too his alt he messaged saying give the main the money.

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 05:56 PM
90k for xray? *scurries off to check CS* (need one before Xmas)

Fac3bon3s
11-25-2011, 11:10 PM
I find people asking you to join their awesome elite guild is more annoying than people asking for credits. I give items away randomly to players I don't know. So a few credits to a needy player isn't a big deal. To be honest the next person who asks will likely get 10k. I'm bored with this game and am thinking of quitting anyway. I found an hour of Xbox live is 10x more rewarding that an hour of grinding to eventually get me absolutely no where in SL. If I could give away my plat I would do it.

javier995
11-25-2011, 11:36 PM
I find people asking you to join their awesome elite guild is more annoying than people asking for credits. I give items away randomly to players I don't know. So a few credits to a needy player isn't a big deal. To be honest the next person who asks will likely get 10k. I'm bored with this game and am thinking of quitting anyway. I found an hour of Xbox live is 10x more rewarding that an hour of grinding to eventually get me absolutely no where in SL. If I could give away my plat I would do it.

Can I have 10k?

lol *gets on knees* please sir I beg thee!

XD

Sassinya
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
If i can spare what they ask, I will always share. People have over all been kind to me and mine so i try to pay it forward.

Fac3bon3s
11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Can I have 10k?

XD

Add me. Next time i see you online I will give you 10k.

Zombiemurder
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Can I have 10k?

XD

Add me. Next time i see you online I will give you 10k.

I think he was kidding lol I could use 10k but I don't beg so yeah....lol

Fac3bon3s
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Next person who asks me for credits when I am online will get 10k. Dethklock is my IGN. Or maybe facebones.

javier995
11-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Next person who asks me for credits when I am online will get 10k. Dethklock is my IGN. Or maybe facebones.

Lol I'll add you, might be helpful to my guilees.

CappinClutch
11-27-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm sure by now everyone is quite familiar with my help messages...but I have since added a third.../r *BE ADVISED* I am not a Bank, ATM, Credit dispesory, OR an armory....long story short, aside from wiseguys bustin my chops, I get begged probably 70% less...lately it's all about the Xrays like it was mentioned earlier in the thread...I'm not down with playing games because if I really needed something I would want someone to just be straight up with me...so that's why my message is clear and beats 'em to the punch. And seeing as how I'm all about second chances, I remove peopke from my ignore list to see if history will repeat itself or if over time my words have sunk in and they matured as players...sadly in more cases then I'd care to see, they take their assigned seats right back on the list...some get it, some never will...bit actually attempting to get through to them keeps the spirit alive.