PDA

View Full Version : Elixir timer doesn't always pause

Snakespeare
11-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Last night I bought 30 minute elixirs twice and the first one went so fast it seemed odd so when I went to town to get potions I checked the clock on my elixir and it was still ruuning. I thought the clock was supposed to pause. If I'm wrong, ignore this. But with 12 minutes left in the wee hours and no PUG to join I logged off and set my iPad aside for a bit. When I went back to see if there were any PUGs, the lock had stopped on the elixir. So it was some sort of glitch. The first one I bought from the menu just after logging in. The second one I bought via the pusher in symphony. Good luck repeating this in the lab.

ninjaduck
11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
yep i think STS owe me 15 plat, one minute i got 28 mins left, then i have 26 seconds left. Really cheesed me off -.-

KingFu
11-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I had this happen to me once. This may be irrelevant, but I thought it was because I joined a town straight from PvE. I believe the timer is supposed to pause once you exit PvE, but it doesn't register it. Ever since then I personally back out to the avatar/character selection page then enter town (Also noticed, the elixir doesn't pause on this page, but once you join a town or map, you get the time back that was wasted on that screen)

ninjaduck
11-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I had this happen to me once. This may be irrelevant, but I thought it was because I joined a town straight from PvE. I believe the timer is supposed to pause once you exit PvE, but it doesn't register it. Ever since then I personally back out to the avatar/character selection page then enter town (Also noticed, the elixir doesn't pause on this page, but once you join a town or map, you get the time back that was wasted on that screen)

Really? Wow mine didnt?!?! D=«

Snakespeare
11-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Mystical. I'll try that.

ocagrevy
11-25-2011, 11:55 AM
from what ive figuered out from past testing is in town you can go any where and join games menu, toon select, basicaly do anything but join and play without losing time. now if you are in dungeon and you go any where but to town you are still on the clock. actually entering town is what stops the time.

Beanmachine
11-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Also when your joining a game, the loading screen (running man), the clock starts ticking. I know this because I buy my elixirs in town and as soon as I enter the dungeon, I check and their's 15 seconds gone. It also keeps ticking if you exit level to world map directly I believe.

bronislav84
11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
To add, elixirs/enhancers count down if you go from a zone to character select by Exit. The game still thinks you're in a dungeon until you enter a town/base. This is a serious bug and I've kept forgetting to report it. Well, it's there now.

Unless it does five you back the time from exiting once you go to town?

KingFu
11-25-2011, 02:42 PM

From my experience, that's precisely what it does. I have tested it a few times, and every time I have, the time is given back to me once I enter town:)

bronislav84
11-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Good to know. Still buggy, though. I wonder what happens if it counts down all the way on character select?

ocagrevy
11-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Good to know. Still buggy, though. I wonder what happens if it counts down all the way on character select?

your elixer wears off :/

bronislav84
11-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Then that's a bug then, if its supposed to go back to the same time as before character select.

Snakespeare
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
To add, elixirs/enhancers count down if you go from a zone to character select by Exit. The game still thinks you're in a dungeon until you enter a town/base. This is a serious bug and I've kept forgetting to report it. Well, it's there now.

That's it exactly. When I Exit a game it keeps counting. I have to enter a town.

Fatpigwarrior
11-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I has da solution!!!!!!!!

NO ELIXIR!!

JSL
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
The elixirs will only count down if you are actually inside of a dungeon / instance / combat zone.

Often you can go to character select or exit the map and you'll still see it count down. Despite that fact, your elixir will not go away and will revert itself back to the "last" time you were in a dungeon.

For example:

JSL is in a dungeon with Flip fighting creatures. I pop an elixir. Five minutes in, I have to go due to some brief real life issues. I hit "exit level" and sit on the character select screen. When I come back I go to my character's enhancer page. I was gone 10 minutes and I notice that my elixir is now down to 15 minutes. However, the second I jump in and start playing with Flip again, the timer resets to 25 minutes (reverts back 10 minutes) and I can play again.

If you ever see something different attempt to record it as best as you can.

We're not fans of the elixirs counting down even though they're not. We're working on getting that fixed.

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
thanks for clarifing this Johnstamoslives!