PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Events

Xaphan Fox
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
When you hold a holiday event, it would be nice if there was a free item to go with the plat item. Another event/store item where, although its my choice, the cards do sure feel stacked in the "spend money" side of this game.

Love and appreciate you guys, but jeesh this is starting to feel strongarm-ish.

Deathsminion
11-25-2011, 05:31 PM
I disagree mostly. The platinum items are 95% for show. For supporting/funding the sts team it is nice to have an item for which other players envy u. There is absolutly no need to buy plat apart from wanting to stand out and support the team.

However it would be cool to see some sort of cheesy item for free like santa hat. But really simple. Nothing like a pet tho.

Kahlua
11-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I disagree mostly. The platinum items are 95% for show. For supporting/funding the sts team it is nice to have an item for which other players envy u. There is absolutly no need to buy plat apart from wanting to stand out and support the team.

However it would be cool to see some sort of cheesy item for free like santa hat. But really simple. Nothing like a pet tho.
This is for holidays, not every day vanity hats. It's Thanksgiving. He's saying since it's a holiday to give thanks, STS could be thanking us for supporting them with a free holiday item. Instead, we have to thank them for the game by purchasing another item.

At least make it a double-edged sword and give the option for both. A free item and a plat item. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Xaphan Fox
11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Exactly

Sassinya
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I believe last year in PL, Christmas anyway, they gave free antlers. Sometimes vanities are free :)

Liathea
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Yes, they did give away antlers in PL last year, but there hasn't been anything like that in SL yet. Sure, there was the RIP vanity for Steve Jobs that was free, and the BBQ set as well, but nothing relating to any holiday has been free yet. To get the hologram jack-o-lantern hat, you had to "rent" a costume with plat. To get any of the other Halloween vanities, you had to buy an item pack with plat that you only got to keep 33% of after the event. The only Thanksgiving vanity offered had to be bought with plat.

The whole point of this request is to have some holiday-related items that people without plat can get as well -- something to have that says, "Yes, I was on SL for Christmas 2011" that doesn't force you to part with real money.