PDA

View Full Version : Hc builds?

Suentous PO
12-01-2018, 12:15 PM
How have y'all built your hc toons? What class/lev and skills? Is it much different from your main (if the same class).

Making a new mage I thought I might need heal (didn't know could buy pots mid map b4)
As I move up in levels I think that 2 second invulnerable upgrade might be necessary.
wish I hadn't picked heal now, and gonna have to work on a way to respec huehue
Or I'll just die to rebuild XD

Thoughts?

Motherless_Child
12-01-2018, 02:00 PM
How have y'all built your hc toons? What class/lev and skills? Is it much different from your main (if the same class).

Making a new mage I thought I might need heal (didn't know could buy pots mid map b4)
As I move up in levels I think that 2 second invulnerable upgrade might be necessary.
wish I hadn't picked heal now, and gonna have to work on a way to respec huehue
Or I'll just die to rebuild XD

Thoughts?

Hardcore - Mage - Build = "all attack"......

It's hardcore more, I personally would never use heal or shield....

"If i'm gonna be hardcore, it's gotta be to the bone"....... LOL..... (just made up that quote)... LOL....

Suentous PO
12-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Hardcore - Mage - Build = "all attack"......

It's hardcore more, I personally would never use heal or shield....

"If i'm gonna be hardcore, it's gotta be to the bone"....... LOL..... (just made up that quote)... LOL....

Yeah when they said you can't buy anything I took it literally (derp), I only use heal on builds I intend to solo with normally.

So if you're all attack, what level are you so far that hasn't even wanted shield?

Motherless_Child
12-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Yeah when they said you can't buy anything I took it literally (derp), I only use heal on builds I intend to solo with normally.

So if you're all attack, what level are you so far that hasn't even wanted shield?

Truthfully, i'm still low level (haven't been able to really plat HC because of my wack wifi)..... But, I intend to go no shield, no heal as I go up.... Let's see how it goes........ Hope I don't encounter early "left n right" one shotters... LOL.... *fingers crossed*

Scll
12-01-2018, 04:34 PM
I'm mage all atack ^^ and lv 48 atm

Scll
12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
But..........now I'm lvl 11 cuz.....
I died.......

Abuze
12-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Heal for mages is useless since you will have low damage and get close to no mana gain lol, not to mention you'll end up killing yourself if you end up using it in higher elites.

Suentous PO
12-01-2018, 05:11 PM
But..........now I'm lvl 11 cuz.....
I died.......

Sounds like a vote for shield? Lol
Were you pure int or 1/2 str?

Heal for mages is useless since you will have low damage and get close to no mana gain lol, not to mention you'll end up killing yourself if you end up using it in higher elites.

I thought teamwork was needed before I played hc, now I find out all can just buy pots, so I better not hear "mana!" ;P
And trying an elite map isn't on my agenda.

Only reason I've used heal on an endgame Mage was because it was an alt, & the rules for my alts are that that won't cost my main a cent, and in fact must be able to make enough $ to keep them usable while at the same time making sure they were able to hand $ over to my main.

Abuze
12-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a vote for shield? Lol
Were you pure int or 1/2 str?

I thought teamwork was needed before I played hc, now I find out all can just buy pots, so I better not hear "mana!" ;P
And trying an elite map isn't on my agenda.

Only reason I've used heal on an endgame Mage was because it was an alt, & the rules for my alts are that that won't cost my main a cent, and in fact must be able to make enough $ to keep them usable while at the same time making sure they were able to hand $ over to my main.

It's different using heal on alt for normal character, what I mean is for HC you won't benefit from heal regarding mana,since it scales with your damage.
Mage is fun for HC tho, tried rogue died bc I got greedy chasing APs, giving mage a try and I just love the CC you can provide.
Teamwork will mostly be more essential during harder elites. As of right now from what I've seen most tanks can't even time their heal properly xD

Suentous PO
12-01-2018, 07:31 PM
It's different using heal on alt for normal character, what I mean is for HC you won't benefit from heal regarding mana,since it scales with your damage.
Mage is fun for HC tho, tried rogue died bc I got greedy chasing APs, giving mage a try and I just love the CC you can provide.
Teamwork will mostly be more essential during harder elites. As of right now from what I've seen most tanks can't even time their heal properly xD

Your right about it, heals even useless in hc. I had the assumption that defensive builds like 1/2 str and healing skills were gonna matter to maybe more than one class. Notsomutch
Side note- fell back in love with timeshift mastery

Can't speak on tanks or rogues, I think I'll only give this one life, then I'll think about how many apps and how much money I could have made, if I only played main X.x

QuaseT
12-01-2018, 07:51 PM
1/3 str 2/3 int shield, heal, fire, light
Im lvl 50 now.

Suentous PO
12-01-2018, 09:21 PM
1/3 str 2/3 int shield, heal, fire, light
Im lvl 50 now.

While I'm not at all surprised you're at lv 50 w your experience, I'm impressed you're there with 2 defensive skills X.x
Played mostly with pugs or mates? Gg either way

Xxkayakxx
12-02-2018, 02:38 AM
My lev 43 mage: full int. Fireball and gale (for stun reasons, wars loves pulls xD) shield (for pools/stun resons) and heal (for support). Also have clock (not used a lot till now), ice and lighning (for boss). None of them is 5/5, just basics.

QuaseT
12-02-2018, 05:07 AM
While I'm not at all surprised you're at lv 50 w your experience, I'm impressed you're there with 2 defensive skills X.x
Played mostly with pugs or mates? Gg either wayTy i played with mates until lvl 30 the first day but now im mostly farming kt4 alone or dalies. Lets see how far we can get :3

Gouiwaa9000
12-02-2018, 05:42 AM
i would consider heal for mage even in higher maps just to have as an instant way to get back to 100% hp even at the cost of lower damage , since it can save your life in situations when pots aren't fast enough . If your war makes a mistake and a bunch of mobs start attacking you , heal and then use maxed out gale to get far away from the fight thus reseting the agro back to the war ( point gale backwards or your extra screwed XD )

i would use shield , gale , fire , heal , with heal being used only when everything is already focused on you and you have nothing to loose .

Bluehazee
12-02-2018, 05:46 AM
After some tries (sadly XD) i find heal totally useless.
1/3 str 2/3 int
Fireball 5/5
Timeshift 4/5 - not 3rd
Gale 4/5 - not 2nd or 4th, optional
Shield 4/5 - not 3rd
Masteries 10/10 gale & shield
Passives 5/5 str 5/5 int
Not enough points to use, but next will be Timeshift mastery for sure (IF i survive), and fireball is interesting too.
Good luck out there, immortals!

Jairus980
12-02-2018, 08:13 AM
For warrrior. Before reaching lv10, focus on attack skills (your regen is 5x faster than heal skill)
1st. awake skyward smash
2nd axe throwing
3rd windmill
4rd heal

For war char, best to focus fully on str. If gears doesn't have str, don't use it. 1str = 10hp and you need more hp since health skill comes in last.

Once awake 4 skill, focus on your heal shield. Yes, heal is slow until lv15+ but if you're in a bad situation, you can use the shield and spam pots.
Only then you can focus on increasing damage & range.
After that, focus on str in passive section. Armor in passive is totally useless with your low armor.

Gear wise. Two things you need to focus, STR & INT. Your Mana drain fast so you need int to support. If you have gears that only has int & dex, even tho your gear is epic or higher level, do not use. They are trash.

That's a good start to build your char. After lv16 your char is good enough to handle about 5~8 mobs in a go.
Have fun :)

Kakashis
12-02-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm a rogue and just go all out Dex. Using pierce, SSS, razor shield, as, and nox for bosses.

Suentous PO
12-02-2018, 01:18 PM
@ Kayak - I hadn't thought of taking more than 4 skills, interesting

@Gouiwaa - yeah I have found heal to be useful in some situations, but having respec'ed to shield I'm a lil happier (atm)

@ Blue - that's nearly the exact build I settled on too ;)

@ Jairus - thx for the war input, I haven't tried one just yet (if I do)

& Kakashis ty for rogue input, but I'm straight up afraid to try one lol

Gl all, ping willing

Gouiwaa9000
12-02-2018, 01:36 PM
@Gouiwaa - yeah I have found heal to be useful in some situations, but having respec'ed to shield I'm a lil happier (atm)

Yeah if you only want 1 defensive skill shield will always be your best bet .

PsychoNuke
12-04-2018, 10:09 AM
This built worked best for me on higher levels:

Skills:
Shield: 1,2,4,5
Fire: 1,2,3,4
Time: 1,2,4,5
Gale: 1,2,3,5

Passive:
5/5: Knowledge>Durable>Might>Damage (In that order)

Mastery:
Gale 10/10
Time 10/10

I am at Gale 5/10 and Time 4/10 at present.

Suentous PO
12-04-2018, 07:08 PM
@ Psy - nice u must be lv 50+ I'm guessing?
Didn't feel the need for shield mastery? I may try w/o hmmm

PsychoNuke
12-05-2018, 05:58 AM
@ Psy - nice u must be lv 50+ I'm guessing?
Didn't feel the need for shield mastery? I may try w/o hmmm

I get that question a lot: why not AS mastery? I just posted this on Spheresome's thread:
Many people get the Arcane Shield Mastery wrong. It does not increase the damage reduction.
It only increase the amount of damage absorbed by the shield before it breaks. So only use that mastery if your shield is not staying up for 15secs (It usually does for me).
But it depends on your play-style, I see people use lifegiver on HC as well (which is the most aggro generating skill for mage, I would never use it unless I have a tank to aggro the mobs back from me).

In general I am more of hit and run, dodge the red area player. You can block most of the high damage attacks of mobs/boss if you just time your shield right; The 2sec invulnerability (Upgrade5) can dodge insta-kill attacks as well, just use it wisely.

I keep spamming charged gale, it keeps buff and 50% armor up for 4sec with CD of 5sec.

Xxkayakxx
12-05-2018, 06:39 AM
I like a lot fireball mastery. It knocks down mobs and recharge quickly.
Combined with clock mastery (couple points) and gale (that also knock out) is very useful in maps where many mobs together attacks. (Nordr, Shuyal, tindirin....never able to reach caverns XD).