PDA

View Full Version : Mage Hardcore Build (my opinion)

Spheresome
12-01-2018, 06:08 PM
After Running Nonstop essentially for the past few days. Many Keyboards have been destroyed, mouses broken, and tears shed. But I have created what I think to be the right build for mage. (At least Up to level 50)

Abilities:

Arcane Shield (4/5) <-- No knock back
-Shield is essential, use it as often as you possibly can
Heal (4/5) <-- No increased radius, while it may seem harsh, first priority is healing yourself not others.
-Healing while it may seem like a poor skill for mages to have in normal mode, is absolutely essential in Hardcore mode. When in a party do everything you can to heal the rogues and warriors. And you will also often find yourself stuck with no mana, since the choice of weapons is so low rarity.
Fireball (4/5) <-- No Increased Radius
-This is a skill you start with and there is no way to get rid of, so might as well make the best of what you have since it is unlikely you will be coming across any respec scrolls anytime soon. Aside from that its useful in stunning enemies if you need to make a quick escape out of the map.
Gale Force (4/5) <-- No Speed Buff
-This is one of the most defensive attacking abilities within AL and the 50% armor boost is great to have in the harder maps. And the Point blank attack pushing everything away if you are in need of another escape.

Passives:

-Start by putting your passive points into armor as this will boost the strength of your gale force tremendously and also provides a nice cushion of added defense
-Then Proceed to put your stats into Might, as you are not really doing that much damage to begin with likely while in a party, its better be safe and beefy, then squishy and dead. Even if you are solo, its better to do the map slowly then to do
it quickly with a higher chance of dying
-Then Proceed to fill your Int, Damage, Dexterity , and Crit stats in that order filling everything up except speed.

Masteries:

-Start by maxing out your Shield mastery so that you get the most damage reduction as possible reducing the damage you intake making it less likely you will die.
-Then Put one Mastery into Heal As, the tree is very nice, while the points afterward dont increase the chance it wil spawn too much. So simply having the chance a tree will spawn is good enough
-Put any remaining points into The Gale Force as the Removal of negative effects will be very useful in future levels where many of the mechanics of mobs include stun (*cough cough underhul)

Ultimates:

-If you make it to this level, shield, defensive is the best strat imo.

This is what I HAVE EXPERIENCED to be the best skill build for mage. It might work differently for others. So please dont hate on what I have done with my build xD. Please leave some advice on what you have experience below ty :)
Currently cruising back up after having died to Enraged Inan Hesh IGN: Serpentkiss, hope to see you around in game

*Hardcore Mode is not a race to the finishline, it's about seeing who is the most patient and willing to take it carefully enough so that they won't die!*

PsychoNuke
12-05-2018, 05:39 AM
Why Dex and Crit passive?
Also many people get the Arcane Shield Mastery wrong.It does not increase the damage reduction.
It only increase the amount of damage absorbed by the shield before it breaks. So only use that mastery if your shield is not staying up for 15secs (It usually does for me).

Spheresome
12-05-2018, 09:26 AM
I chose Dex and Crit Passive only after I completed all the other passives because, I personally feel that of all the other skill points I could put the points into at that point. This would be the most useful. The Dodge from dex is nice and the crit, and a higher crit cant hurt. I personally didnt know what else to put my points into.

PsychoNuke
12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
I chose Dex and Crit Passive only after I completed all the other passives because, I personally feel that of all the other skill points I could put the points into at that point. This would be the most useful. The Dodge from dex is nice and the crit, and a higher crit cant hurt. I personally didnt know what else to put my points into.

25 Dex = 1.25%Dodge, 0.90%Crit, 1.50Damage and 125Health.
5/5 Crit = 3% crit.
In contrast using those points on a CC skill (Time or Ice) will be nice for your build, preferably ice as it will give you higher damage on boss as well. Well its upto you and your play-style at the end of the day :)

Lethoiun
12-05-2018, 03:14 PM
I prefer Shield ice fb and gale

Just have auto pots and heal extra if needed

Spheresome
12-06-2018, 08:09 AM
I prefer Shield ice fb and gale

Just have auto pots and heal extra if needed

I chose to have heal simply because I am trying to make my mage very defensive as it can be possibly be made :)

Abuze
12-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Heal is such a useless skill, even for hardcore. You don't even get mana from it because of the low damage that hardcore characters have.
Heal in hardcore is legit like a rogue using shadow veil bomb, which is the most stupid thing you could ever do.

An actual good build would be:
Fireball 4/5, no scorch
Gale 4/5, no outward squall
Clock 4/5, no time bomb
Shield 4/5, no displacement wave
Frost bolt will be really useful in higher maps, really recommended swapping it out for gale if you're hard maps and have tank to frontline..

Passive: Armor, Int, Damage and Str

Masteries: Clock 10/10
Fireball 10/10
Gale as well if you're planning on using this skill, good substitute for speed set also provides great CC.

Obooo
12-06-2018, 02:08 PM
True, i tried mage heal in hardcore. It is not working. Btw, i add 1/3 points to str. Seems helping survival.

Obooo
12-06-2018, 02:11 PM
And, clock 10/10 is always very powerfull. But it might only show its power in elite maps or high lvl maps. So, you might add it after lvl40.