PDA

View Full Version : Why me???

Zamu
11-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Im currently a lvl 45 int mage going through alien oasis 3, and trying to do the quest for the 10 gems.

I've got 2 problems im getting really fed up about at the moment.

1. any time i go into a room, the aliens all go for me, most of the time its due to me hitting them with the firestorm skills. but even if i dont use it, and a lvl 66 goes and hits them first, they still go for me???

2. I've got the best armour and weapons i can get, having 141 dps and 55 armour, yet im still horribly weak against the aliens, i have 71 str, 11 dex and 178 int. is there not any way i could not keep getting killed in 2 hits?

Theres another thing that confused me, the galactic overlord is the boss for a lvl 45-50 dungeon, yet even my lvl 65 friend struggled to kill it, and the rest of us lvl 45-50 dies in 1 hit from him. Why did you make him way overpowered for the level range the dungeon is set for?

Dont get me wrong, i love pocket legends, but at the moment its becoming pretty unbalanced and really hard to go through the dungeons because i die so easily.

Azamaster
11-25-2011, 03:35 PM
AO3 has a big jump in skill from other dungeons. Even level 50's can still have some trouble with the alien mobs and bosses. And yes, the bosses are MUCH harder than previous. This makes it more fun to beat though, and since many quests (Mystery and Cyber) need lots of them to be killed, it makes the quests more difficult. It also makes sense the Overlord's hard, as he should be the most powerful alien in the galaxy. But just stay in Keeper runs for xp, and make sure you have a bear and good party. I have no idea why they're coming for you, but have the tank use Taunt and heal in return.

Skeletonlord
11-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I like your feedback! It is strange that a 65 was struggling with the Galactic Overlord boss. For number 1, I have no idea how the monsters come to you. Are you near the enemies even tho the 66 is fighting them?

Veoveoveo
11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
To avoid being killed by aliens, make sure you don't go into the room first, let the tank do that. (make sure you buff, then go in after the tank). Then, if you get the feeling something isnt right, like the you're gonna die at any second, use that mana shield!
I'm not sure about the overlord though, I remember getting killed in 3 shots when I was 57ish.

Hope this helps!

NECROREAPER
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
We used to kill Overlord and all the other bosses (including Shadow Cave bosses) back when the Max level was 50 and there wasn't any stat increasing elixirs.

You just need good team mechanics, excellent communication/coordination, and perseverance and you'll surely succeed!!!

FluffNStuff
11-25-2011, 05:35 PM
We used to kill Overlord and all the other bosses (including Shadow Cave bosses) back when the Max level was 50 and there wasn't any stat increasing elixirs.

You just need good team mechanics, excellent communication/coordination, and perseverance and you'll surely succeed!!!

Hmm, you seem to have a different recollection of the Level 50 cap then I do. I seem to remember three scenarios when facing the Overlord:
1) The bears 2x Armor potted and the birds 2x Damage potted for a cost of 1500 gold each (no longer sold that way)
2) We terrain locked the OverLord (a glitch that has since been fixed)
3) The team got wiped.

The OverLord is seriously a pain in the arse boss, and it is even more dangerous for a Mage as the two ways to take down his shield (Blowing barrels and Archer Blast Shot) also take down YOUR mana shield. So as to how a group of unelixired level 45's can take him down ... well I will let you know when I see it.

Battlelock
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I've seen numerous archers 50-55 solo the Overlord. Seen many bears 50-55 solo him blowing up the barrels. I've done it many times, never potted. Used a lot of hp pots is all & it took awhile. Mages usually stay out of room, hitting their mana shield, running in to buff the bird/bear & running back out. It is actually pretty simple, just takes time.

Solvok
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
You should level up