PDA

View Full Version : Name hoarders

VenomSet
12-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Nvm can’t post in this forum anymore

mod
12-04-2018, 11:12 AM
What about them? As long as they are not being sold then I don't see an issue.

Painting
12-04-2018, 11:12 AM
So what about those ppl who hoarded 15names+ back then when all names were released?
Nothing? Oh okayFair game. on the other hand, i would like to see names banned/unused for long periods of time be re-released

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

VenomSet
12-04-2018, 11:15 AM
So new players (not talking of myself I’m fine with my name) are forced to use “Ubahdfgytiopl” names while people are sitting on 15+ names that they will never ever use?

Painting
12-04-2018, 11:32 AM
So new players (not talking of myself I’m fine with my name) are forced to use “Ubahdfgytiopl” names while people are sitting on 15+ names that they will never ever use?Taking their names would be blantantly stealing, they got the fairly

Rauitri
12-04-2018, 12:04 PM
First come first serve. A player who played late wouldn't or shouldn't have the same benefits compared to a player who played early, these early players have been through alot.

So please don't complain about them hoarding names. Just like people who hoarde vanities, collectables. These people are mostly players who have been playing long, had achieved alot, and showed their efforts by hoarding these from early start when they were once COMMON.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

SkipperSkinner
12-04-2018, 12:24 PM
First come first serve. A player who played late wouldn't or shouldn't have the same benefits compared to a player who played early, these early players have been through alot.

So please don't complain about them hoarding names. Just like people who hoarde vanities, collectables. These people are mostly players who have been playing long, had achieved alot, and showed their efforts by hoarding these from early start when they were once COMMON.

People who come later to the game should not in any case be considered lesser the those who came earlier, older players (including myself) already have the avantage of finding this game first and shouldn't look for pity by claiming "We've been through a lot"

Avaree
12-04-2018, 12:29 PM
So what about those ppl who hoarded 15names+ back then when all names were released?
Nothing? Oh okay

Those hoarding are using for HC now. For me I just did Aavaree.

Painting
12-04-2018, 12:35 PM
People who come later to the game should not in any case be considered lesser the those who came earlier, older players (including myself) already have the avantage of finding this game first and shouldn't look for pity by claiming "We've been through a lot"As the other guy said, first come first serve. Thats how life works

slaaayerrr
12-04-2018, 12:43 PM
what about people who hoarding a lot of lb vanities (or other rare items) but not using it? lets take it from them and give new players for free :3

(useless and stupid thread)

Encryptions
12-04-2018, 12:49 PM
I have some ok names such as: Bookbags, Bannerholder, Helmetholder, Unsufferable, Diamondsanta, and Encryptions.
Pm me if any of you individuals want one if these names. I will not be giving Encryptions away. ~Names are free just leave me a message and I will erase the character.

QuaseT
12-04-2018, 01:22 PM
This discussion has been in forums several times and when sts rereleased old names some years ago poor people were trying to sell the new names they got.
Theres no reason to revive that topic again.

Oakmaiden
12-04-2018, 02:07 PM
I just looked at a dictionary, literally full of words! Then those same words have variations in other languages! Then u can slightly misspell those words... the possibilities are nearly limitless. If u cant create a name... really your not even trying..

PostNoob
12-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Just find whatever your trying to portray for your ign and use a Thesaurus, thats how i got my ign :o.

Banned names have a better chance of being released, even then you will be paying plat for it.
I suggested a while ago offering a reward for the top player of an event (say winter) of a banned name( If it can be related to said event.).

Tuhguhbuhbuh
12-04-2018, 03:30 PM
.....And now you know why I'm called Tuhguhbuhbuhfjdgdhdjdjdjhdk.

Zynzyn
12-04-2018, 03:37 PM
I would like ign Ogibobor but alas its not mine...

Fyrce
12-04-2018, 05:49 PM
OMG, here we go again, the unimaginative complaining about names.

When hardcore was announced, I picked up a few names, including Cekr, Lekr and Nakr, which I recently released to a friendly guild to use as they pleased or not. If they are still avail, anyone reading this can take them.

Why? Because I found names I liked better when hardcore went online, including Firl, Kuao, Fyrious.

So no, you don't have to be called Oeruoei, unless you want to be. And if you lack imagination, well, then you complain.

And yes, at the moment I have all the names I want. However, I am absolutely certain I can find names I like should I require more names.

As additional examples, I recently started Guild Wars 2, which has been an ongoing game for quite awhile. A few of my "new" names: Aynk, Angelir, Eait. I actually found many more, but these should suffice.

PsychoNuke
12-05-2018, 12:40 AM
Is this the 1st time people playing MMO?
Name reservations always favors the early birds in any game.
What you want devs to do? Delete all those accounts for you? You see how illogical that sounds?

radagan
12-05-2018, 02:06 AM
like 1% of all these hoarded names are original, everybody just got these ”op” names when sts re-released them, so probably they will do it again someday

Xxkayakxx
12-05-2018, 03:35 AM
I see many cool names around with low kills low stats and “poor” vanities. So I guess some of them are still out there.
As I have many alters I got many funny names for myself XD Fartapart is my favorite lately XD

Rauitri
12-05-2018, 05:47 AM
I've got another idea in mind. An account that has been banned for lets say between 8-12 months, it will automatically get deleted and those names will be available again.

Names will be deleted between those days of the month ranges to prevent sniping names. I'm pretty sure some new players would just be surprised suddenly getting a nice name.

Painting
12-05-2018, 06:04 AM
I've got another idea in mind. An account that has been banned for lets say between 8-12 months, it will automatically get deleted and those names will be available again.

Names will be deleted between those days of the month ranges to prevent sniping names. I'm pretty sure some new players would just be surprised suddenly getting a nice name.

Sent from my SM-A800F using TapatalkBad idea, banned players are banned for a reason, including their name. Names arent just something we should be giving away, bad name falls in the wrong hands and most of them will end up being sold, so let's stop the thread right here and move on

Fyrce
12-05-2018, 06:41 AM
I used to hunt names for guildies and friends. I stopped when I discovered people selling what I found them.

Someone did show me recently a name I had found for them. It made me happy to know he was still liking it.