PDA

View Full Version : A Merchanter's Guide: The Short Guide to Bargaining

Swimmingstar
11-25-2011, 06:43 PM
If you find yourself buying everything for about the normal price and only making a little money off reselling the item then this thread might help.

Know your "target"

Before trying to bargain a price down, you must know your "target". By this it means you must see if he lowers the price. Real example: Today just a few minutes ago, someone listed a longbow in cs for 275k. The 2nd cheapest was 354k. Then the seller started advertising the item for 250k. Then he started at 225k. So then I told him I would buy it for 200k. He accepted. Even then I tried to bargain it down to 175k, he didn't accept. You don't want to stretch it. Even if the person really wants to sell the item, you must not push the price down too much. That would make you lose the "target". So you must know your target and try to bargain it down but not push it or stretch it. Also don't try to make deals that are extremely low. Don't try to trick the people unaware! Another tip is to set a price limit, if the person's final offer is still above your limit then you may not want to buy it. Especially for new items.

I hope this helps you merchant!

Swimmingstar
11-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Oh, and yes you can put any suggestions that improve this.

Ebalere
11-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Also, If you know the person isnt aware of the value of the item, try not to rook them. Instead, offer them a fair price. One day, they might remember you and give you more good deals. Besides, taking advantage of noobs, (i.e, lv10s with pink lv10 armours, and doom weapons) is definately not cool. How ya been btw swim? Miss ya in SL!

Buubuuftw
11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
How about setting price limits on yourself? For example, while bargaining, someone is selling a Death set. You know you can't spend more than price x. If the person selling isn't willing to go lower than price x then Houston, we have a problem. This also requires some willpower but you don't want to buy something and break out even, or lose money, do you? Setting limits helps make you save and make cash.

PL Playa
11-25-2011, 07:29 PM
How about also not blowing every dime u just made on stupid stuff like I seem to do all the time :p

Matutd
11-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Also, If you know the person isnt aware of the value of the item, try not to rook them. Instead, offer them a fair price. One day, they might remember you and give you more good deals. Besides, taking advantage of noobs, (i.e, lv10s with pink lv10 armours, and doom weapons) is definately not cool. How ya been btw swim? Miss ya in SL!
Lol, I was on a brand new toon (lvl 4) and I dropped an orcish wildfire bow, only offers I've had have been 10k and under, it really annoys me that ppl would do this to others :(

Swimmingstar
11-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys!

@Ebalere I've been good. :) Thank you. How about you?

@Matutd Try selling on your highest level character.

Fao
11-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Thx!

Fao
11-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Woops forgot rest of statement, it really helped me!

Swimmingstar
11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Woops forgot rest of statement, it really helped me!

Thanks for the feedback. :)