PDA

View Full Version : Scaled Drops Not Working?

im4broke
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I was leveling a farmer and got this amazing drop, but...

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/2011-11-25_18-58-01.jpg

When I got through with the run and looked at it...

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/2011-11-25_19-23-37.jpg

Man was I mad! As you can see in pic #1 I am level 14 and in pic #2 I leveled to 16, but the drop is level 17. It should of been level 15 and a very nice drop to farm for according to all I've read on rare pink drops.

Then I got to thinking about the threads on scaled farming and all the up roar. If running in groups does not scale, is there still a chance for scaled farming?

PL Playa
11-25-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't believe there is a lvl 16 version

EDIT: I didn't read the entire thing now I see why u should be mad, 15 sells for more (I think)

im4broke
11-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't believe there is a lvl 16 version

EDIT: I didn't read the entire thing now I see why u should be mad, 15 sells for more (I think)
Thx...I was about to point you to Yanis (lol). No there is not a level 16, but there is a level 15 and definitely worth way more than a level 17!

Whirlzap
11-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Actually, scaled farming doesn't work that way.
The whole group, atleast ANYONE who touches the boss or attacks it/is damaged by it. contributes to the scaled drop.
That means, if a single person is overlevel, the drop WILL NOT SCALE.
If you want to farm scaled drops, always farm solo or with a group/partner(s) that are the appropriate level for a scaled drop that you aim for.

drewcapu
11-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't think L15 can drop in BC 3: (edited 4:, obviously you went to next level)
Similar to how the L10 armors only drop in DF1. Various early campaigns have mobs that can only scale so low in terms of level depending on which map you are on.

You'd have to go to Valley or maybe one of the earlier BC maps for it to drop at L15.

Either way, the L15 craftables in FH are better.

drewcapu
11-25-2011, 07:49 PM
The whole group, atleast ANYONE who touches the boss or attacks it/is damaged by it. contributes to the scaled drop.
If you want to farm scaled drops, always farm solo or with a group/partner(s) that are the appropriate level for a scaled drop that you aim for.

That's the old way.

If it didn't scale, it would'v dropped as a L19 since there are players at and above L19 in the group.

im4broke
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Thanks Whirlzap...yes I know all about how to get scaled drops (check my sig). But you have shed some light on how the system may be working. However, the question I raise is about threads on not liking how this new system will affect scaled farming. If running in groups will cause the drop to not scale for each member and is averaged out, does this mean scaled farming will still be good?

Also, right after this patch I did lots of runs with my main locked at level 62 for farming. The groups consisted of all levels, and numerous times someone of a higher level would attack the boss first before me, but my drops in Mt Fang were always scaled to my level regardless of how high the person attacking the boss first.

im4broke
11-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't think L15 can drop in BC 4:
Similar to how the L10 armors only drop in DF1. Various early campaigns have mobs that can only scale so low in terms of level depending on which map you are on.

You'd have to go to Valley or maybe one of the earlier BC maps for it to drop at L15.

Either way, the L15 craftables in FH are better.

Now that my friend is something this farmer forgot! :beaten: Thanks for reminding me!

drewcapu
11-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Just tested it.

In BC3, Jerk never went below yellow threat level on my L15, even after re-entering the map with just him left. So he only goes down to L17.

So most likely...
BC1 = L15+
BC2 = L16+
BC3 = L17+
etc..

drewcapu
11-25-2011, 08:12 PM
The other thing we have to get used to now is that threat level is basically out the window in terms of determining what your drop will be when in a map with higher levels. It basically now just indicates the actual level of the mob.

Riccits
11-26-2011, 10:04 AM
u prolly didnt clear enough mobs, thats why drop is 17. drops adapts ur level since update yes, but its still depending of threat level!

Whirlzap
11-26-2011, 10:23 AM
^Words from a pro-scaled farmer above.
Behold, Riccits the Almighty!

Anyways, I found out this little trick when farming Halloween Scaled Stuff.
Basically, the scaled drop is depending on WHOEVER ATTACKS THE BOSS/GETS DAMAGED BY THE BOSS.
That means there could be a high level there and still make scaled drops if he/she did not interfere with the fight.
However, if a high level touches the boss, then leaves, what could happen?

Riccits
11-27-2011, 03:50 PM
^Words from a pro-scaled farmer above.
Behold, Riccits the Almighty!

Anyways, I found out this little trick when farming Halloween Scaled Stuff.
Basically, the scaled drop is depending on WHOEVER ATTACKS THE BOSS/GETS DAMAGED BY THE BOSS.
That means there could be a high level there and still make scaled drops if he/she did not interfere with the fight.
However, if a high level touches the boss, then leaves, what could happen?

LOL! thx! ;)
at halloween was different than now. also there was the threat level feelable, even there was only 7 mobs in map. but mainly it depended from the highest level in group, not from who attacks boss first.
here a few examples to understand:
scenario 1: group of lvl 21. all rush in, noone of mobs killed, boss thread level red => drop is lvl 25.
scenario 2: group of lvl 21 kills down to 4 mobs (i think now), yellow or white threat level => drop is lvl 20
scenario 3: 1 lvl 10 clear al map and begin to attack boss, after that 4 x 60 joins party killing boss together. drop will be for all => lvl 20!! thread level is set when boss gets target, and wont change if high levels join! (so i could get some low level items last xmas event)
scenario 4: 4 of lvl 30 clear with a lvl 50 and come to boss, boss hits them hard, lvl 50 leaves while fight, the lvl 30 have to fight vs a "lvl 50" boss. if they kill him drop will be lvl 50. if they want level 30 they need to run away and reset him, after drop will be 30 if no higher joins