PDA

View Full Version : How does the luck stacks these days?

grzena1982
12-07-2018, 08:35 PM
I am coming back after a long break, so can someone point me to the right thread or elaborate on this a bit?

I have:

1 fortune fob-20% reroll
2 lucky relic-10% luck
3 hisha-10% luck
4 cupcake-7% reroll
4 9% luck in eq that I am wearing.

Is my total 56%? Now, with luck elixir 30% is it 86%?
Or is it 39% luck and 27% reroll, with luck elixir 69% luck and 27 reroll?
Thanks

Idly
12-07-2018, 11:55 PM
I was certain I knew the answer before I read that, now I need to go sit in a dark room for half an hour and get all these % signs out of my head! xD

Luck causes reroll. Pretty sure 86%

Idly
12-07-2018, 11:57 PM
But if your back after a long time, gold loot is the new luck pretty much. Good luckygoldloot%reroll sir :D

Steven Gray
12-08-2018, 12:02 AM
S] arc ring PARA(Armor awake) 13m
Dragon daggers 1.5m pm me
IGN: backyards

Suentous PO
12-08-2018, 01:20 AM
I forget which pet gives 7% hb but not sure it's any cupcake Because I have my 7% hb slotted in a lucky, but your math is right
46% luck normal 56 w hisha aa.

Unsure as to how many of those the luck elix stacks with all that, not all says stacks w elix in description

QuaseT
12-08-2018, 02:46 AM
Luck and reroll % are the same and all your mentioned items/ elix stack but the real chance of a reroll is smaller bc adding all those is a wrong calculation, here an example:

All those rerolls work for itself so its basic probability calculation. Adding all those % is wrong bc if u have more than 100% luck you still dont reroll all the time.
Lets say you have fob 20% and elix 30%. It doesnt matter if you reroll 1 or 2 times in reality to get a better item.
The chance for a reroll would be 2/10 *8/10 + 3/10 *7/10 + 3/10 *2/10 = 43%
20% + 30% = 50% is a wrong calculation. If the percentages were added before the reroll (20+30=50) there would be no chance to get a double reroll. You cant reroll twice for the same item but still the system shows the message. So both elix must work seperately.
I thought about creating a guide earlier and ill might do it aswell soon.

Oakmaiden
12-08-2018, 11:26 AM
S] arc ring PARA(Armor awake) 13m
Dragon daggers 1.5m pm me
IGN: backyards
Use Traders Market to advertise, knot general discussion.

slaaayerrr
12-08-2018, 11:50 AM
all your mentioned items/ elix stack
any proof from devs will be nice
atm in game i only see that amulets stacking with elix, does lucky relic stacks with amulets and elixir? lucky passive? awakes? hb (as cupcakes)? there is no info about stacking...
if u want to tell that it shows in buffs many lucky things - it isnt proof (2x cotton AA shows 2shields in buffs also, but its only 1 shield which doesnt stack with same 2nd shield)

but the real chance of a reroll is smaller bc adding all those is a wrong calculation, here an example:
20% + 30% = 50% is a wrong calculation.

same question - any proof that exactly ur counting is correct?

Adding all those % is wrong bc if u have more than 100% luck you still dont reroll all the time.
maybe all those luck/reroll just adding without ur hard countings but u dont get reroll because some of them dont stacks?

QuaseT
12-08-2018, 01:01 PM
any proof from devs will be nice
atm in game i only see that amulets stacking with elix, does lucky relic stacks with amulets and elixir? lucky passive? awakes? hb (as cupcakes)? there is no info about stacking...
if u want to tell that it shows in buffs many lucky things - it isnt proof (2x cotton AA shows 2shields in buffs also, but its only 1 shield which doesnt stack with same 2nd shield)

same question - any proof that exactly ur counting is correct?

maybe all those luck/reroll just adding without ur hard countings but u dont get reroll because some of them dont stacks?If they dont stack u werent be able to reroll 2 or even 3 times for the same item (even if it doesnt make a difference). A dev confirmation for what stacks would still be nice.

slaaayerrr
12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
If they dont stack u werent be able to reroll 2 or even 3 times for the same item (even if it doesnt make a difference).

never saw double reroll for same item if i use lepre+elix (in old times) but it stacks for sure... so, theres no logic
(1st time double reroll for same item i saw when pet "Lucky" was added)

A dev confirmation for what stacks would still be nice.

will be nice also if %luck added to our avatar :/

PsychoNuke
12-09-2018, 12:54 AM
All those rerolls work for itself so its basic probability calculation. Adding all those % is wrong bc if u have more than 100% luck you still dont reroll all the time.
Lets say you have fob 20% and elix 30%. It doesnt matter if you reroll 1 or 2 times in reality to get a better item.
20% + 30% = 50% is a wrong calculation.

Actually 20% + 30% = 50% is the right calculation, thats how it works for any %Stat that can be stacked.

Then why doesn't 100% re-roll chance work every-time? Well there are two widely accepted theories used in most games:

The probability is canceled/reduced against the negative chance of re-roll from a boss.

For example: Event bosses that does not re-roll at all must have -100%+(number that is bigger than the achievable % by players) chance of reroll, that means even if you equip 100% luck you will not reroll on that boss. Similarly every boss in game must have a different negative% re-roll chance.

Soft cap for %Luck.
For example: If the soft cap for %Luck is 70% then you gain almost no benefit for each further % added, or the benefit is largely reduced that player can never reach 100%.

Royce
12-09-2018, 01:56 AM
If reroll works anything like PL (which is not a crazy assumption), the reason you don't see a reroll every time you get a drop with 100% reroll is that you only see successful rerolls. A reroll just means you get a second roll. If the second roll results in a better drop, then it replaces the first roll and you see that you rerolled. If the second roll is inferior, you don't even see that it happened.

PostNoob
12-09-2018, 02:23 AM
Pretty sure a dev also said that the HuD elixirs can stack. I know damage ones do but have never seen the need to test luck.

Either way, ill use whatever luck % i can for events, even if just for superstition.

saurabh96g
05-21-2020, 11:30 PM
I have a question. There is a mad scientist necklace with 25% reroll. Does it stack with the elixir ,the ring, and the pet?

Gardenthief
05-22-2020, 04:24 AM
Luck and reroll % are the same and all your mentioned items/ elix stack but the real chance of a reroll is smaller bc adding all those is a wrong calculation, here an example:

20% + 30% = 50% is a wrong calculation. If the percentages were added before the reroll (20+30=50) there would be no chance to get a double reroll. You cant reroll twice for the same item but still the system shows the message. So both elix must work seperately.
I thought about creating a guide earlier and ill might do it aswell soon.

Can you explain your calculation?

From what I understood from your post, you believe that each source of %luck counts as an independent variable, and each source can essentially "reroll at the same time", but will count as 1 reroll in game. So this would be the probability problem: Let R be the chance of rerolling, and F = 0.2 (F being the %luck from fob), E = 0.3 (E being %luck from elixir). By visualising a Venn diagram, and using the addition rule, R = Pr(F U E) = Pr(F) + Pr(E) - Pr(F n E) = 0.2 + 0.3 - 0.2*0.3 = 0.44 (44%). (or 1 - R')

Although this explains why we will never reach 100% reroll chance, I don't think this is entirely the case since elixirs are involved, and we know that elixirs can stack cumulatively. Maybe there's a formula sts uses that we don't know of, or a soft cap exists like Psycho suggested.