PDA

View Full Version : Abt the changes to charm

alxe
12-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Hey, so i havent been playing for a while but i saw the recent updates making changes to charm,which i consider a buff. My question is why now exactly? The 66 arcanes been out for a long time & the 71 arcane weapons got announced so why would they get "buffed" now of all time if they were underpowerd or didnt achieve thier intended goal shouldnt these updates been made a while ago?

Ps:dont take me wrong im grateful for it. I love the horrfic staff im just curious about the reason/s from a game balance/design prospective

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
12-17-2018, 01:42 PM
It's a bug that dove deeper into the games system. I'm guessing the new 71 Arcanes function similarly and needed a real fix to fix them all

Futumsh
12-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Charm was generally broken and behaved very strangely. It could leave things permanently stuck and/or invulnerable, some player and mob abilities could affect them and others couldn't, they would sometimes still chase and/or hurt players while charmed, etc. It really just shouldn't have been used in the game in the state it was in.

I had been fixing the various bugs with the old charm stuff as I found out about them, but fixing them was causing other problems with it to be more obvious, or while some of those things then worked as originally intended, that didn't match up with the behavior players were used to. It was easier to just remove the existing charm stuff and replace it with something that should behave like it seems players want, that doesn't interact weirdly with other game systems.

PsychoNuke
12-18-2018, 12:50 AM
Charm was generally broken and behaved very strangely. It could leave things permanently stuck and/or invulnerable, some player and mob abilities could affect them and others couldn't, they would sometimes still chase and/or hurt players while charmed, etc. It really just shouldn't have been used in the game in the state it was in.

I had been fixing the various bugs with the old charm stuff as I found out about them, but fixing them was causing other problems with it to be more obvious, or while some of those things then worked as originally intended, that didn't match up with the behavior players were used to. It was easier to just remove the existing charm stuff and replace it with something that should behave like it seems players want, that doesn't interact weirdly with other game systems.

I like when things are explained with such transparency :)
Please feel free to change the proc and kisso AA :p

will0
12-18-2018, 01:16 AM
may I know what kisso AA will be change to?

Susanne
12-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Sorry to say, my dread bow is worse now. I get all the mobs attacking me.

Susanne
12-18-2018, 07:37 AM
Can't edit. When I say all the mobs, I mean ones that aren't supposed to but hey..I'm a rogue and should expect it because it's par for the course. Like my plat eggs going missing and apparently they were never there. I'm not bitter, honestly. Seasonal Greetings all. 🎄🎅⛄