PDA

View Full Version : No new guardians picked in a while?

Zeus
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey! So I realized, there hasn't been any new guardians picked in a while. I love seeing those who deserve the honor to be made one, as PL needs more guardians.

It's been almost a month or two since the last batch was announced and in my mind, there are plenty who deserve the role and honor to become one!

Hopefully this thread will bring awareness for the STS staff to pick some more Guardians of Alterra!

Note: This is not a thread for recommendations, but if you have any, I don't see why you shouldn't post them here! :)

Artemis
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Pandar. ;)

Ayc2000
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Seconded^^

Fao
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
I totally agree!
Recommendations:skeletonlord and paar
I would love to be one also! But I know I must be more helpful and I'm working on being a helpful part of this community!!! Hope to be part of the GoA or AoA one day very soon!

MoarPewPew
11-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey! So I realized, there hasn't been any new guardians picked in a while. I love seeing those who deserve the honor to be made one, as PL needs more guardians.

It's been almost a month or two since the last batch was announced and in my mind, there are plenty who deserve the role and honor to become one!

Hopefully this thread will bring awareness for the STS staff to pick some more Guardians of Alterra!

Note: This is not a thread for recommendations, but if you have any, I don't see why you shouldn't post them here! :)

Well we did just have the AoA program take off. And from what I see all of those members are doing a great job. But I am sure when the devs see a member that goes above and beyond on the forums they will bestow that honor of being a "official" guardian.

Cascade
11-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah i was talking to fluff and CowboyJim about this today. I would recommend Siejo.

Fao
11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Also I would like to also recommend pandar

Cascade
11-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Pandar is part of the STS staff xD

Jaymonee
11-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah i was talking to fluff and CowboyJim about this today. I would recommend Siejo.

I second that! :D

Whirlzap
11-26-2011, 10:30 PM
My current recommendation would be for Gluttony, but since he has been placed in AoA, I don't see anyone else I'm thinking to recommend right now.
To be honest, there doesn't have to be Guardians every month or so; sure, people can be helpful, but I don't see anyone that outstandingly helpful right now. However, the good news is that there are less people publicly showing that they want to be GoA, so it could be time to pick some new recruits.
Whoever STS decides to pick, if they pick people, best of my support to their candidates.

Fatpigwarrior
11-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Gluttony and Siejo....

dugantale
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Just a question how do u become a gaurdian?

KingFu
11-26-2011, 10:33 PM
My current recommendation would be for Gluttony, but since he has been placed in AoA, I don't see anyone else I'm thinking to recommend right now.
To be honest, there doesn't have to be Guardians every month or so; sure, people can be helpful, but I don't see anyone that outstandingly helpful right now. However, the good news is that there are less people publicly showing that they want to be GoA, so it could be time to pick some new recruits.
Whoever STS decides to pick, if they pick people, best of my support to their candidates.

+1. I'm glad to see devs aren't trying to find people to pick every month. When they've earned it, they'll get it. I also agree, Gluttony would be a fantastic choice.

KingFu
11-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Just a question how do u become a gaurdian?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!&highlight=Guardian+Alterra

Hopefully that will help a bit:)

Also, last guardians were announced on the 7th of October, so not too long ago.

Please forgive my double post btw:)

Lowlyspy
11-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Gluttony and Siejo....

Yup im gonna have to agree, glut and siejo deserve it big time.

NECROREAPER
11-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Gluttony and Siejo thirded

I think they haven't been keeping up with it cause this is the busiest time of the year for STS content wise and now that have SL on their plate for this year too, I think they'll be a bit overwhelmed and behind on certain things

RedRyder
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Seņor gluttony fo' sho

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 01:29 AM
I'd love to be a guardian. A few people have reccommended me but I don't know If I will be one

WoundedEagle
11-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Siejo & Gluttony.

WhoIsThis
11-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Do we need more GoAs at this point? On one had, it's good that there are absolute standards ... on the other, to be honest, I am not very enthusiastic about the program. I don't think that it's aim of getting more useful posts on the forums has been accomplished. I agree with Physiologic's point that the program is better off scrapped altogether and the Guardians just senior members once again. It's not like the forums would suffer because of it.

The other is that the first 2-3 generations of GoAs were players that were outstanding. After that ... I get the overwhelming feeling that the quality of the GoAs declined with each generation. There were a few people that actively tried to get it (and it was pretty obvious) that did get it. Not gonna name names of course. The end result has been that the Guardian is no longer something worth striving for IMO.

In that sense, I'm glad the interest for this program has died down steadily.

Hankomachos
11-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Do we need more GoAs at this point? On one had, it's good that there are absolute standards ... on the other, to be honest, I am not very enthusiastic about the program. I don't think that it's aim of getting more useful posts on the forums has been accomplished. I agree with Physiologic's point that the program is better off scrapped altogether and the Guardians just senior members once again. It's not like the forums would suffer because of it.

The other is that the first 2-3 generations of GoAs were players that were outstanding. After that ... I get the overwhelming feeling that the quality of the GoAs declined with each generation. There were a few people that actively tried to get it (and it was pretty obvious) that did get it. Not gonna name names of course. The end result has been that the Guardian is no longer something worth striving for IMO.

Agreed.

Conradin
11-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Glut, siejo and whoisthis- and of course fooger.

WoundedEagle
11-27-2011, 02:01 AM

Many don't like it but oh well. If it is going to be around, might as well put the best names in the hat. Hasn't necessarily 'died down'. Just because there hasn't been too much attention lately to it is normal. And, don't be quick to say the quality died or the first few were the best. There have been bad Guardians and good, but that's life. It's not like the devs stalk your facebook to see if you're a good or bad person out of game. They also don't stalk your chat. Obviously. And until you have met and truly understood each and every guardian, there is no need to say that some weren't the best picks. Touche to myself, because I have not met every guardian. Just my two cents. Hope I wasn't flaming as it is 2 am in the morning.

-we

WhoIsThis
11-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Many don't like it but oh well. If it is going to be around, might as well put the best names in the hat. Hasn't necessarily 'died down'. Just because there hasn't been too much attention lately to it is normal. And, don't be quick to say the quality died or the first few were the best. There have been bad Guardians and good, but that's life. It's not like the devs stalk your facebook to see if you're a good or bad person out of game. They also don't stalk your chat. Obviously. And until you have met and truly understood each and every guardian, there is no need to say that some weren't the best picks. Touche to myself, because I have not met every guardian. Just my two cents. Hope I wasn't flaming as it is 2 am in the morning.

-we

Lets just say I haven't linked my Facebook for a reason. I don't trust Facebook. My account was once hacked on Facebook and defaced. I don't know who, but the trace was somewhere from Asia. Since then, combined with the privacy concerns that I have, I have minimized my usage of Facebook.

The very fact that there have been "bad" guardians at all undermines the credibility of the entire program. It creates a strong impression that Guardians were not carefully selected, but rather, much more hastily done. It also dilutes the average quality of GoAs appointed as well. I think that the fact that fewer players today strive to become GoAs than before was because the quality of the GoA declined.

It sent a clear message that the GoA system was not a meritocracy. For that reason after I saw the first few generations, I decided that the GoA was not worth pursuing. When I first saw the GoA, I thought to myself that I would like to be equated to the forum greats at the time, Royce, Physiologic, and others that are still here (Parth, Ellyidol). After I saw the next few, I quickly realized that the quality of selection had diminished steadily and lost any desire to try.

Ilikemage
11-27-2011, 06:59 AM
I think the program is a good way to get people out there and helping and it's a great way to get to meet nice people, with that being said some people will only help for the reward of being an AoA and then lose all interest in it, so as long as they continue to be helpful I have no problem with it and welcome the next batch of them and hope to someday be part of the program :)

ninjaduck
11-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Siejo and Gluttony, and Kahlua IMO

Silentarrow
11-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Definitly Gluttony :).

Whirlzap
11-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Yes, i'm not saying the helpful people we have now aren't deserving.
They obviously very well do deserve a reward for their incredible helping.

However, I do notice that we don't see any so complex analysis and guides, or lists made with hard work.
It's true that the GoA are pretty much picked just to keep the community satisfied and don't compare as to what the original ones from the past were.
And then, I wish to state an important point.
You see, the quality of the help that comes from players is very much affected by the Devs.
Everyone is focusing on getting THEMSELVES to the elite cap, and farming stuff, before the next update.
In the time of Sewers, there was literally half a year to do this, and with such spare time, geniuses, genorosity, and outstanding GoAs emerge.
But let's face it; PL has changed as much as we don't want it to.
In the end, we can hope that our GoAs will continue to atleast have a helpful and generous reputation, of possible.

And what you say about bad guardians, I completely disagree.
There is no such thing as a bad guardian. If one is picked as a guardian, that obviously means that they are good. However, some are announced, and just disappear from the forums and such. It makes them seem like they did this all for the title.
I think what you mean is an unresponsible guardian, perhaps?
That might be a better use of word.

CrimsonTider
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
The problrm is the decline of the forums. As mentioned plenty of times before, there has been a drastic decline in the quality of forum threads. Less informative, strategic posts and increased attempts at slandering and micro-managing. The rise of the AoA program has also thrown a wrench into everything.

The days of Royce, Physiologic, and on are fading as content is recycled. Skills have been maxed and PVE is ruled by elixirs. The only strategy is do you purchase plat this week or not. Take all of this into consideration with the mass exodus of some of the more recent GoA's and the "luster" of this program has been dulled.

This thread is a perfect example of the direction the forums have taken and why the qualityvof the GoA's are declining. Some of the names which have been mentioned I agree with completely, some I do not, and yet there are others I feel should be included. But thatvis the problem, too many opinions like these cause forum clutter and bring out the psuedo-helpers: The wanna-be's who care only about a shield and have done little to notbing to improve the community except for the occassional "email STS." I have the same issue with the AoA application process which everyone is aware of. When nomination/application threads are made, we always see a drastic increase in "helpfulness." When selections aren't made soon after that, the "helpfulness" declines and we see the true intentuons of those interested.

My opinion is to let it be. When STS deems it time to select another batch, then we will see a new announcement. If it is truly to be a prestigious honor, then it should not happen very often and we should all step aside during the "quiet" periods and work on bringing the forums and in game helpfulness to an all time high. Not worry about a shield which, like all things in this game, doesn't go with you when you take your final bow.

Whirlzap
11-27-2011, 10:37 AM
That's what I'm mad at. You have these new people gettting to the cap in a week. And then they just walk around in PvP with a vanity and a L65 Set, which is easy to farm with elixirs. The whole PvE system is now 100% based on elixirs.
And to be honest, half these people who use elixirs STILL stay in the back and have no skills.
Give me a 3x combo and I'll solo Crypt while pulling the monsters.
Heck, I've met level 65 mages that don't Revive, and one that had a Mystery Helm on.
And these mages don't heal others when they are damaged. In fact, they only heal themselves when damaged. Actually, every mage heals themselves these days, instead of looking at others HP bars. But with analysis, we can say that with elixirs, people barely get damaged too severely, and wil probably Regen their HP in seconds. 50 damage isn't much, because you're using a 4x armor pot.
I've also met birds, DEX birds that sit in the back, BEHIND everyone and just shoot.
THIS is what elixirs have done to the game. Now remember, the possible solution is to make elixirs for only levels 60-66, or the highest level campaign. That way, people from below would learn skills and then they would be able to use elixirs. Besides, 90% of all elixirs spammed are from high levels, since low levels are easy to level up and the mobs can be solo/party run without elixirs.

Redbridge
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM
However, I do notice that we don't see any so complex analysis and guides, or lists made with hard work.

Thanks for the clarification Whirlzap but I'd hate for anyone to have the wrong expectations of what Guardians are. Whilst some might have been the creators of "complex analysis or guides", that clearly isn't the reason that ANY of them were given a GoA award.

The STS page (here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!)) is very clear...

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.
• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.
• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.
• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

It's very important everyone is very clear what is expected of GoAs and don't think they are something they aren't. Those four points are very clear. Also, be aware many of them never come on the forums so will never be visible here.

There is a considerable amount of activity away from the forums that most GoAs are involved in. In game, on supporting media channels (Facebook, Twitter and many other external websites) and very frequently, in direct communication with STS, that no one outside of STS ever sees. Those GoAs don't advertise this activity, they never asked or expected a GoA award and if the programme was to magically disappear tomorrow, nothing would change. Most are simply naturally helpful and constructive.

But the main point of this post is to remind people, the GoA award is simply just a thank you from STS. Nothing more. There are lots of threads that can be searched that cover the various aspects and views of the GoA award in great detail so I'd hate to derail the OP, but thought it important that expectations are reset.

Re: the OP, I'm thinking the GoA award will continue to be given by STS to individuals who consistently show high levels of constructive and supportive behaviour in all aspects of the community, not just the forums. Personally think there's no rush to give out more unless there is a clear candidate or more. The concerns about quality raised above are very valid IMHO. 100% agreed with what crimson has written two posts above.

Whirlzap
11-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Yep, I'm aware of that.
I'm just saying, back then, you would see so many amazing and outstanding achievements.
That was the HARDCORE era. People were expected to do a lot more than now.

No, not expected. Wanted. People were wanting to do a lot more.
I only wish we had some of those oldies back. They could refine the community again.

Sassinya
11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
There are many really nice, helpful informative people in the realm and the forums, none of which I would say didn't deserve the honor.

That being said, I have always and will continue to support any who are honored with whichever tag they are given by STS or the community itself.

Have a great Sunday!

maneatingtree
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Its already sunday? I thought it was saturday :(

Redbridge
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Yep, I'm aware of that.
I'm just saying, back then, you would see so many amazing and outstanding achievements.
That was the HARDCORE era. People were expected to do a lot more than now.

No, not expected. Wanted. People were wanting to do a lot more.
I only wish we had some of those oldies back. They could refine the community again.

Yep... Agreed (again two posts in a row. Lol)... The originals, really did set the bench mark and it would take someone very very special to match their contributions. It's very humbling when you think what that handful of players did originally and would be a very good time for some of them to return and add some much needed input to the community again.

I think my point was lots of the stuff GoAs do, and have done in the past, isn't the stuff everyone sees. It's difficult for STS to justify their choices against those 4 GoA requirements, and the community invariably will fill in the gaps and create this image that GoAs are some public, larger than life player who should be elite, something much different from what those 4 key points suggest.

It's a shame people don't understand the GoA programme better. I can think of 2-3 people who are more deserving than most of some recognition, but will never be considered because of their 'in ya face' and blunt approach. One of them in my eyes I'd gladly give my shield to for the immense contribution they have made to the community.

WhoIsThis
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I think we've come to a consensus:

1. The forum has declined and the proportion of useful to non-useful posts is going down

2. The quality of GOAs and AOAs has declined

3. There are quite a few wannabes around, some of which do succeed

4. The original GOAs have made substantial contributions that are not easy to replicate

5. There appears to be a massive misunderstanding on what the GoA program is

6. Absolute standards are better than mandating a GoA or AoA monthly

7. There are plenty of people around that different people think are "deserving" that don't have it (and probably never will)

IMO, this is not a recipe for success at this point. First, the biggest point is the forums have declined and that throws a monkey wrench into everything.

StompArtist
11-28-2011, 04:19 PM
A small comment about the amount of useful post being on the decline:
PL has been out for over a year now. Granted the game has changed quite a bit but honestly how many guide and lists can be made about a phone game without being redundant? Of course there will be less and less comprehensive guides this is simply because there are less and less subjects that have not been covered before.

Oh yeah... since they made me GoA I have no clue what the criteria is so don't ask. lol

NECROREAPER
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
But the main point of this post is to remind people, the GoA award is simply just a thank you from STS. Nothing more.

This.

Too many people have come to conclusion that GOA are some type of elite, gotta-be-in type of club and they idolize the GOA. They're simply regular players that have received a thanks from STS for their hard work. AoA on the other hand are regular players that STS is *asking* to help out the community.

The most confusing part for me is, does an AoA earn the ability to become GOA because of his helpfulness or is it not a rank-up type of thing since it is his *job* to help? Its funny, this is almost exactly like the "do I say thanks to a mage for revving me?" threads...

DJMdivine
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
This thread is a perfect example of the direction the forums have taken and why the qualityvof the GoA's are declining. Some of the names which have been mentioned I agree with completely, some I do not, and yet there are others I feel should be included. But thatvis the problem, too many opinions like these cause forum clutter and bring out the psuedo-helpers: The wanna-be's who care only about a shield and have done little to notbing to improve the community except for the occassional "email STS." I have the same issue with the AoA application process which everyone is aware of. When nomination/application threads are made, we always see a drastic increase in "helpfulness." When selections aren't made soon after that, the "helpfulness" declines and we see the true intentuons of those interested.

Everyone should take a good hard look at this paragraph right here... I'm getting agitated with these "wanna-be's" and you can obviously tell and sort out who is who from the bunch. It's the honest truth and in my honest opinion the GoA should be handed down to someone who helps the community and wants to improve the community for the better and doesn't expect anything in return, but also doesn't get up and abandon his/her tittle for obvious reasons right after receiving.

Slush
11-29-2011, 03:59 AM
The oldies would still be here if STS didn't screw them over time and time again. Man...this game and forum was sooo tight back in the good old days. I loved this game so much before....Now I have to empty all my skills to kill one mob...I mean seriously, this game is depressing without elixirs.

Edit: I disliked the goa programme since the start, it made everyone act unnatural on the forums, there is no excitement on these forums anymore. I also agree that the quality of guardians have decreased, not to sound mean or anything.

Edit edit: Also, this game is getting stale. I don't want to play in the same old scenery with mobs that I can cosplay on my bird/bear/mage. Hail AO3.

Ellyidol
11-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Edit: phone submitted before I could type :(

Couldn't quote well, but I have to agree with the post saying that with the little "new" content introduced, there's really no new info to relay or give a perspective on either.

I mean, I like writing bear guides, especially since I learn something new about them every time I collect data on them, but at this point there's really nothing new to write on them other than the new item sets that come out - which isn't even restricted to bears anyway.

So yeah, the content/guide/informative type threads seem to be "full" until a big new discovery is made.

MightyMicah
11-29-2011, 05:33 AM
It seems as if the beautiful flower, sts and PL/SL has deteriorated alot over time. That's not to say it can't be saved. And that's exactly what a gaurdian is all about no?

In another thread I posted something like this, and I think it's fairly relavent now, "Hope is everything. Strip away somone's hope and what is left?"

What am I referring to? I'm referring to when pinks were acheivable without elixars, when every new twink had potential leaderboard material, when top level was something not so highly sought after, when campaigns were about having fun and making friends, not grinding with the other guys taking all nighters... Also when forumers posted guides in hopes that they could help someone other than themself (not pointing fingers at all, just saying)

As hope is removed in game, people leave the game and come here to complain (I know I did :\ guilty...)

It is my firm belief that until Sts wakes up and starts adding hope to this game, (reinabling xp lock kills and level 1 twinking as well as maybe adding new lower level maps and new pink gear for lower levels, people will continue to leave the game and move on to xbox, ps3, or maybe O&C. I know I myself am nearing this point.

Btw I realize this thread is about gaurdians, however I just thought this was relavent to much of the discussion that has taken place.

~MM

Arterra
11-29-2011, 06:02 AM
even with my limited awareness of the forum these days, I have to agree that there do seem to be a few candidates to pick from.

WoundedEagle
11-29-2011, 06:54 AM
It seems as if the beautiful flower, sts and PL/SL has deteriorated alot over time. That's not to say it can't be saved. And that's exactly what a gaurdian is all about no?

In another thread I posted something like this, and I think it's fairly relavent now, "Hope is everything. Strip away somone's hope and what is left?"

What am I referring to? I'm referring to when pinks were acheivable without elixars, when every new twink had potential leaderboard material, when top level was something not so highly sought after, when campaigns were about having fun and making friends, not grinding with the other guys taking all nighters... Also when forumers posted guides in hopes that they could help someone other than themself (not pointing fingers at all, just saying)

As hope is removed in game, people leave the game and come here to complain (I know I did :\ guilty...)

It is my firm belief that until Sts wakes up and starts adding hope to this game, (reinabling xp lock kills and level 1 twinking as well as maybe adding new lower level maps and new pink gear for lower levels, people will continue to leave the game and move on to xbox, ps3, or maybe O&C. I know I myself am nearing this point.

Btw I realize this thread is about gaurdians, however I just thought this was relavent to much of the discussion that has taken place.

~MM

We wish that's what it was about. Honestly, we have no power nor any say with STS, so we really can't do anything about it. Guardianship was only a reward for doing things worthy of a exclusive shield and a forums title, nothing much else. They said they locked the xp kills and level one twinking because it was 'unfair', which is rubbish to me...

RedRyder
11-29-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry Parth, but weren't you one of the people that wanted the guardian program removed?

largecommand
11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I can tell that Apollo wants to Be one. :)

RedRyder
11-29-2011, 08:05 AM

He already is one

Zeus
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry Parth, but weren't you one of the people that wanted the guardian program removed?

Yes, I'm one of the ones that would love to see it removed, but while it's up, I don't see why people like WhoisThis, Gluttony, MoogerFooger and a few others don't get nominated while it's still here. I mean, they've gone above and beyond when it comes to helping and making a contribution to the community. That's kinda why I made this thread.

I'm still firm on my own belief that it should be removed, but what about those who deserve it while it's still around? Also, we have to consider the likelihood of it being removed, which is rather slim. So, as nature says, you need to work with what you got.

My reasons for wanting it removed:

When the wrong people get chosen, they get carried away with the role.
People change once they get chosen for GoA.
People want to help out for the shield.

But, if there are candidates, IMO, who actually are worthy of the role genuinely and shown that they will likely remain the same, aren't those people the ones we want to help better the program?

That's what the underlying meaning of this thread was. Should have went more in depth, as it was unclear why I was concerned about the recent inactivity of the GoA selection process.

Cheers,

~ Parth. :)

juggalowoozie
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
thepredatorj

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Yeah Apollo must be jealous of me! XD

RedRyder
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, I'm one of the ones that would love to see it removed, but while it's up, I don't see why people like WhoisThis, Gluttony, MoogerFooger and a few others don't get nominated while it's still here. I mean, they've gone above and beyond when it comes to helping and making a contribution to the community. That's kinda why I made this thread.

I'm still firm on my own belief that it should be removed, but what about those who deserve it while it's still around? Also, we have to consider the likelihood of it being removed, which is rather slim. So, as nature says, you need to work with what you got.

My reasons for wanting it removed:

When the wrong people get chosen, they get carried away with the role.
People change once they get chosen for GoA.
People want to help out for the shield.

But, if there are candidates, IMO, who actually are worthy of the role genuinely and shown that they will likely remain the same, aren't those people the ones we want to help better the program?

That's what the underlying meaning of this thread was. Should have went more in depth, as it was unclear why I was concerned about the recent inactivity of the GoA selection process.

Cheers,

~ Parth. :)

Now this thread makes sense lol. Your nominations are on point as well.

Zeus
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Now this thread makes sense lol. Your nominations are on point as well.

Yeah, the main reason I wasn't so detailed in my original thread was because I wanted to keep biased out and see others opinions.

Cascade
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Not starting a war just pointing something out so dont kill me please. I havent really seen MoogerFooger helping. Maybe im wrong? Please correct me if im wrong. Idk. Maybe I just dont see him helping

Ellyidol
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Not starting a war just pointing something out so dont kill me please. I havent really seen MoogerFooger helping. Maybe im wrong? Please correct me if im wrong. Idk. Maybe I just dont see him helping

I don't see Moog's help as spoon-fed as other's like guides, but more through this perspective, opinion, and manner of conveying them - all of which add up to him having one of the most constructive and well-rounded feedbacks in the forums. I find his posts of high regard and one of those that I don't hesitate reading regardless of length.

That's how I perceive him. No bromance.

Aikiebo
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
But the main point of this post is to remind people, the GoA award is simply just a thank you from STS. Nothing more.

This.

Too many people have come to conclusion that GOA are some type of elite, gotta-be-in type of club and they idolize the GOA. They're simply regular players that have received a thanks from STS for their hard work.

With all due respect, this is incorrect. The GoA program is more than just thanks and a shield. It has four stated objectives. Read the early posts when the GoA program was announced. I am commuting right now so I cant find the post but I will latter).

Just like the AoA program, STS is asking GoAs to actually help out.

There is nothing wrong with the program. It is just that some seemed to have forgotten the real reasons the GoA Program exists.

NECROREAPER
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
With all due respect, this is incorrect. The GoA program is more than just thanks and a shield. It has four stated objectives. Read the early posts when the GoA program was announced. I am commuting right now so I cant find the post but I will latter).

There is nothing wrong with the program. It is just that some seemed to have forgotten the real reasons the GoA Program exists.

Here's the "requirements":

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

In no way shape or form does it say it's *required* for them to help out after they get the commendation, it's merely a thanks, saying 'based on our four requirements above, we at STS feel that you have gone above and beyond the regular duties as a player and we'd like to congratulate you for it' (my words, not STS).

If just those four objectives were the determining factor between being a GOA or not, then there'd be dozens or even hundreds more of them running around.

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Well since everyone seems to be throwing names out there I would like to mention that Drewcapu has been nothing but helpful especially in chat. Always helping out other players!

So that would be my recommendation.

Redbridge
11-29-2011, 01:26 PM

I think it might be my post #31 you're be referring to and I think it might actually be you who has slightly misunderstood the GoA programme. I can't see anywhere where 'STS is asking GoA's to actually help out'. Maybe I've missed that, and if I have then many apologies, but could you direct me to that post on the forums. I'm afraid I agree with Necro on this one, as I too understand it's just a thanks, and expectation have been blown a little out of proportion.

The original STS thread is; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!

One thing this does highlight though is that there is a real difference, across the community, on what a GoA actually is and should be doing. Maybe an official reiteration of the aims & objectives of the programme might be useful from STS at some point or when they get round to announcing the next ones.

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I think it might be my post #31 you're be referring to and I think it might actually be you who has slightly misunderstood the GoA programme. I can't see anywhere where 'STS is asking GoA's to actually help out'. Maybe I've missed that, and if I have then many apologies, but could you direct me to that post on the forums. I'm afraid I agree with Necro on this one, as I too understand it's just a thanks, and expectation have been blown a little out of proportion.

The original STS thread is; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!

One thing this does highlight though is that there is a real difference, across the community, on what a GoA actually is and should be doing. Maybe an official reiteration of the aims & objectives of the programme might be useful from STS at some point or when they get round to announcing the next ones.

Agree entirely. The way I understand GoA is a reward for past behavior/involvement and not for future expectations? Of course the title could be removed at any time by STS but I do not think the reward's "idea" is to force players into acting a certain way...

CrimsonTider
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM

Moog has helped me in more ways than I can count. Help does not always have to come in game mechanics or giving of gold/items but through encouragement and jokes to relieve stress. He has always been straight forward and like Elly said, has very indirect ways of being helpful without the "glamour."

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Moog has helped me in more ways than I can count. Help does not always have to come in game mechanics or giving of gold/items but through encouragement and jokes to relieve stress. He has always been straight forward and like Elly said, has very indirect ways of being helpful without the "glamour."

Moog definitely falls under GoA material imo.

Zeus
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM

I have a question for you. Why do you always feel the need to criticize others on how they "help" out? If I recall, you seem to do this quite often. Point out another persons flaws, and claim to not want to start any flame wars. Is it because you haven't felt adequately nominated? Generally, your response to threads on these topics are harshly negative and unneeded. Even on the announcement threads congrulating new guardians, there is obvious contempt and bitterness in your posts.

Maybe you need to take a look at yourself before criticizing others when it wasn't the point of the thread.

Cascade
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Hey bro chill. I just haven't seen him helping. Im just wondering if people nominate certain people because they are friends. I could care less if they closed the program. In fact, yes close it please. Its become a popularity contest. I'm an AoA now I have no problem about being picked as GoA or not.

Edit: Also I nominated Siejo not myself. :P

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Folks please stop asking to close the GoA program! It's the only thing I have ever achieved and it was accidental, I have no chance at gaining any special status for any other thing. Think of the little people like me! LOL

Cascade
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Lol stomp. XD But it really should be closed.

FluffNStuff
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Closed, hmm. Why?

Cascade
11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
So people will stop arguing. XD I'll even go far and say that the devs can close it and the current GoAs can keep their shields and status. All I know is that i'll never lose my oldie status :D

However, I do admit there was a time when I was 'working' to become a GoA but, I am no longer. And yes I also was bitter when I was not picked but those days are over.

CrimsonTider
11-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Based on......??

You also mention you are an AoA now so it does not matter and that only "friends" nominate "friends" for GoA. Being an AoA also, I think I can speak constructively that aren't friends who we nominate for BOTH. Are you going to nominate a complete stranger for either program? I would think not.

Please put a little more thought into your responses instead of "close the program."

EDIT: your last post sums up exactly what people complain about: "working" for the shield. Many whom have become GoA/AoA's expected nothing but "thank you" from those we helped. Maybe your intentions have blinded certain realities.

pastrychef
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
thepredatorj

You've got to be joking!!! This guy's a detriment to PL.

pastrychef
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Gluttony is long overdue.

Cascade
11-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Forget this immature back and forth. The devs will do what they want to do and nominate who they want hopefully regardless of suggested GoAs. Also, Kingrichie is back! :D

Redbridge
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Also, Kingrichie is back! :D

Really? That would be wicked....lol

Cascade
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
He really is back though. He joined my guild today. :0

Redbridge
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
He really is back though. He joined my guild today. :0

If it really is the crazy Irishman ask him when his next news update is coming out. He was one of the main reasons I started playing PL. Then he left.....lol

Swimmingstar
11-29-2011, 04:31 PM
If you really think these people are helpful. I challenge you to get proof that these people are helpful. Just saying something doesn't support it as much as getting proof too.

P.S. I will question you like Aristotle. :)

Cascade
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes! Swimmingstar absolutely nailed it!

Gaunab
11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
If you really think these people are helpful. I challenge you to get proof that these people are helpful. Just saying something doesn't support it as much as getting proof too.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but are you seriously asking for proof that persons like Gluttony, Moog or WhoisThis are helpful on the forums?! :O
Look around!

NECROREAPER
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
We don't need to, the devs appointed them and as such you should take up your argument with them. Besides, the devs can choose whomever they want, and are you really gonna dispute it?

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Can anyone prove that I have been helpful? I know I can't. :D

Lowlyspy
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
who are you again?

Aikiebo
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=Aikiebo;495932]

In no way shape or form does it say it's *required* for them to help out after they get the commendation,

there'd be dozens or even hundreds more of them running around.

Totally agree with both these points. I'm not for sure who you are thinking of, but I never suggested that GoAs were required to do anything. I don't know what makes you think I think that.

I know in the past, that some players in-game have asked that GoAs settle disputes and such. And of course they have no responsibility or authority to do so. And when people on the forum said that they didn't have that authority to do this, I agreed. GoA is not a position of authority, I agree.

FluffNStuff
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM

Oooh ... sorry, Feds were asking too many questions so I had to delete the photos of you helping me bury that ...carpet wrapped package.

skavenger216
11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I originally posted this in my retirement thread, but I feel its relevant and needs repeating.

STS, you may wanna rethink the GoA/sg program, I know I can't be the only person who has felt alienated by it, knowing that you in all rights have deserved it, only to watch everyone else time and time again get it, but not you. I may not be as active as I used to be, but up until recently I was on for 4-6 hours a day, and quite often, more than that, exemplifying everything GoA/sg stands for. And before people start "well if you want to be a GoA/sg, you never will be". That's bullcrap and you know it. I help people because its how I am, and always have been that way, and because I hear about something being given to people for doing all the stuff I had already been doing, and then wanting it also, means I shouldn't get it? Seriously STS, I'm sure more than just me feel this way.

AbsolutePally
11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
The program has become rubbish. I am not an angel and I can be unfriendly, a jerk, and down right harsh. I've helpful and done quite a bit here for the pvp community, which gets the least help and attention.
I do have a great deal of respect for certain and very specific guardians, and others hold very little merit in my eyes. Got tired of seeing brown nosers in the forums, people with very little experience and knowledge just being facile with their sugar on top posts which seriously add nothing to the conversation. Then I see a someone standing around trying to "help" people, you know, the types that do it for a day or two, get reognized somehow and get the title and are never seen again. So many new players without any real working knowledge of the game are clammering to be a GOA.
Time should be a factor. Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program. And I 100% agree with WhoIsThis and many others.
Many names that have been thrown out here, who are they!? The only ones I think should be considered are Gluttony, WhoIsThis, and Siejo. No offense to anyone who thinks they should personally be one too.
Lately I've decided to speak more boldly in my posts. So tired of everyone acting and being overly kind and helpful. You can't even write a friendly funny post without the proper police quoting you and everthing else under the sun to prove what?
A guardian should have a wide range or intel on many different aspects of the game. From low level twinking to end game pvp, to the cs, the pinks - their prices, where they drop. Know history of the game, be an older player. I've been here a year now (ig) and I sure don't want to see someone who has been here a month be a GOA, how can they possibly help me? Or other like me or older than me. Guardians should be able to understand and help all, which I do not see in many. Time should be a factor. You can't possibly know enough about pl in a coupke months, even if you did get from lvl 1-65/66 in that time.
P.S : if you wanna be a GOA, find me in game and pvp me 1/1 or ctf vs my team. I'll show you what you don't know ;)
Story of a Champion, sorry I'm a champion.
Silly civilian plers! Hehe.
(Leave me alone todays my pl BDay!!!)

Moogerfooger
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Glad to see that I had to hear someone talking about me in game from a friend. I talk to people a lot in game, Cascade, and try to help lowbies in AO2 with tips and gear suggestions when I get bored on go farm Plasma Pyramid. I have given away hundreds of pinks in AO2 and AO3, for example, to people with crummy gear. I randomly buy pinks in CS and give them to ppl I know are looking for something. Just because I am not on here posting 20 times a day doesn't mean I am not helping, just like the dozens of other players that are very helpful/active in game but are not on the forums so much or have 4000+ posts. When Phys and Yanis were around, I posted tons (along with Phys, my forum mentor) on Archer gear and mechanics, discussed about everything that came along archer-wise. I check in on WhoIsThis's threads, the person who I would nominate if I could (and Gluttony as well). I'm not special, and am flattered that a few peeps think I am ok...but I only post on topics that I actually might know a little something about.

Look at Rosettes aka Petrichor. GoA who has like 70 whopping posts on the forum or something. But one of the nicest, most helpful players IN GAME that I have ever met.

Before I met her in game (and not on the forum) I never stopped to help people lower level than me very much. After seeing her and how she tries to help people in game, and making me remember how I liked/appreciated it when I was lowbie 35 and those big bad 50s in Rift gear would give me tips, I do what I can in game. I don't believe in making guides for the sake of making guides...I just try to pitch in on convos I might know something about, when I can.

Peace out. See all of you in game.

Moogerfooger
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Gluttony is long overdue.

And WhoIsThis (aka Attackelf/AttackAvian in game). Awesome player with a fountain of PvE, PvP and mage knowledge. Long overdue for both.

Moogerfooger
11-29-2011, 07:24 PM

made me lolz for real.

Stomp, I always know that when I see the RevSquirrel that somethin' funny is about to be said....

CrimsonTider
11-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I am sorry Mooooog. You have now triple-posted and have failed to meet GoA requirements due to the inability to use the "edit" button. May you forever burn in hell.

Sincerely,

Crim

Cytokinesis
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I am sorry Mooooog. You have now triple-posted and have failed to meet GoA requirements due to the inability to use the "edit" button. May you forever burn in hell.

Sincerely,

Crim
LMAO! :rolleyes:

Moogerfooger
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Sincerely,

Crim

I am sorry, I did not feel like trying to stuff three different quotes in one post because then my post would be too long and convoluted and covering too many things, and I would not want my favorite Alabama fan from Tennessee's brain to asplode trying to comprehend my forum editing ninja skillz :rolleyes:

My heart burns for you, or it may just be the greasy tacos I ate,
Moog

noobmigo
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I am sorry, I did not feel like trying to stuff three different quotes in one post because then my post would be too long and convoluted and covering too many things, and I would not want my favorite Alabama fan from Tennessee's brain to asplode trying to comprehend my forum editing ninja skillz :rolleyes:

My heart burns for you, or it may just be the greasy tacos I ate,
Moog

LOL!

AbsolutePally
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Glad to see that I had to hear someone talking about me in game from a friend. I talk to people a lot in game, Cascade, and try to help lowbies in AO2 with tips and gear suggestions when I get bored on go farm Plasma Pyramid. I have given away hundreds of pinks in AO2 and AO3, for example, to people with crummy gear. I randomly buy pinks in CS and give them to ppl I know are looking for something. Just because I am not on here posting 20 times a day doesn't mean I am not helping, just like the dozens of other players that are very helpful/active in game but are not on the forums so much or have 4000+ posts. When Phys and Yanis were around, I posted tons (along with Phys, my forum mentor) on Archer gear and mechanics, discussed about everything that came along archer-wise. I check in on WhoIsThis's threads, the person who I would nominate if I could (and Gluttony as well). I'm not special, and am flattered that a few peeps think I am ok...but I only post on topics that I actually might know a little something about.

Look at Rosettes aka Petrichor. GoA who has like 70 whopping posts on the forum or something. But one of the nicest, most helpful players IN GAME that I have ever met.

Before I met her in game (and not on the forum) I never stopped to help people lower level than me very much. After seeing her and how she tries to help people in game, and making me remember how I liked/appreciated it when I was lowbie 35 and those big bad 50s in Rift gear would give me tips, I do what I can in game. I don't believe in making guides for the sake of making guides...I just try to pitch in on convos I might know something about, when I can.

Moog for President! Haha.
Glad to have finally gotten to know you more recently in game. I wish you luck as you enter the world of end game pvp/ctf. Ill be glad to help you.

NECROREAPER
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program.

This^^^

I chuckled to my self because it's the same exact thing I've been thinking ever since it happened

Swimmingstar
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but are you seriously asking for proof that persons like Gluttony, Moog or WhoisThis are helpful on the forums?! :O
Look around!

Yes, I am. :) Tell me your opinion on how they are helping and make 3 examples. You can even type up an essay. :)

EDIT: The green font? ...you reminded me. That guy barely posts now.......
And I agree with a lot of you, helping in game is more helpful than helping on forums. More people play the game than people that have a forum account.

So those of you who want to be a GOA, forget about posting some "helpful" or useless posts. Go get your char and start helping in game. Remember Shakespeare's magical way to be a GOA? It didn't just include posting. It also included being helpful in game. So I would like to see some nice people in game that are helping new people out. If you want to be an AOA without being an AOA go help in game with a lower level character. You don't have to be a GOA or AOA to help in game and on forums. Well I hope to see some 5-star nice people and helpers in-game in 1 hour. Don't try to forcefully help people either. There are 7 billion different perspectives in the world about everything so some people might think they don't need help. If you want to clear rushers out of PVP, then teach the low level characters not to rush. If you would like the game to be all nice people then go tell people in-game being nice is good. Explain to them being nice is a benefit. Not only to others but to themselves.

As you all know I usually don't type posts this long. So I shouldn't try making more good things you could do to help. Find them out yourself. Good luck, have fun. And bye...

Roc
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
No one can predict the future (except...<insert person you know> ;)) so I don't see anything wrong with giving someone a title based on their actions from the past till the present. If anything, people take breaks so it's better to have many qualified people so that when so-and-so takes a break there are still helpful peeps around :) As for the "Who is qualified?" issue and the "qualified not being recognized" conundrum, I suppose it goes back to the larger question of "Does altruism exist?"........and I like to think it does :frog: Have fun, play nice, be nice, and if something comes of it then something comes of it but if nothing does then nothing does :)

Moogerfooger
11-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Moog for President! Haha.
Glad to have finally gotten to know you more recently in game. I wish you luck as you enter the world of end game pvp/ctf. Ill be glad to help you.

Werd. I am thinking there will be a lot of learning needed, after seeing the results of my first forays in da PvP world. Noobynoob > this guy.

Swimmingstar
11-29-2011, 10:14 PM
And be benevolent like I heard Mooger is!

Cascade
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM

Cool bro thanks for clearing it up. I'll be watching you. :0

WoundedEagle
11-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Siejo, MoogerFooger, Gluttony, Whoisthis, and Cascade....

Cascade
11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow. Thanks bro. That means alot. xD I certainly dont deserve it. xD

Aikiebo
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program.

This^^^

I chuckled to my self because it's the same exact thing I've been thinking ever since it happened

This^^^

How does this undermine the program? Necro, you have said many times, that it is your opinion that once someone is appointed GoA, they have no responsibilities, sts is not asking them to do anything, they are required to do nothing. You have said that it is mainly a thank you for past deeds. IF, if that is true, how does

1. Someone typing in green text undermine the program? Lol. In fact, why is that even worth mentioning? People can use w/e color they want. Why rant/spread hate on something so meaningless?

2. If the person, got appointed GoA, then "never heard from again", IF the idea above is accurate, then why is that a problem?

Typing in green or any other color is not a problem. No need to rant on people for things they are entitled to do and are not harmful in anyway.

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
How does this undermine the program? Necro, you have said many times, that it is your opinion that once someone is appointed GoA, they have no responsibilities, sts is not asking them to do anything, they are required to do nothing. You have said that it is mainly a thank you for past deeds. IF, if that is true, how does

1. Someone typing in green text undermine the program? Lol. In fact, why is that even worth mentioning? People can use w/e color they want. Why rant/spread hate on something so meaningless?

2. If the person, got appointed GoA, then "never heard from again", IF the idea above is accurate, then why is that a problem?

Typing in green or any other color is not a problem. No need to rant on people for things they are entitled to do and are not harmful in anyway.

The green colour refers to one player who did exactly what Absolutepally described, not calling out names. Different coloured font make the posts (and therefor the name) stand out from the others. I'd be happy if everyone would use black btw, since it's the easiest to read, and nobody needs to make his post "Special" by the font, but rather by the content.

And yes, it is only a thanks, but in the above mentioned case, it looked like this person did all the effort just to reach the guardian status, and once the "helping mission is accomplished" - goodbye. GoAs are not expected to act in a different way or as 100% perfect role models, but I think they should at least show some responsibility to the communtity.

Swimmingstar
11-30-2011, 04:02 PM
I think everyone is forgetting the point of this thread. It all starts off with the OP posting a tiny fact that could get a few comments. Then someone starts an argument. The argument never stops (in this case) until new GOAs are picked. I think the original poster wanted comments and some recommendations on GOAs. He didn't want a full out argument. He was just looking for an answer. I don't know exactly why he posted this thread, but i do know he didn't want to start a full out argument.

P.S. I don't think I deserve GoA.
P.P.S. Bye...

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't see this as an 'argument' which has a slightly negative implication in my ears.

It's rather a discussion, where people state and explain their opinions on the guardian program. Most of these comments are thoughtout and constructive and add to the discussion. :)

This is maybe semi-offtopic, since this is not what the OP actually asked for but it contains many interesting thoughts for other players and maybe also for the devs.

On topic. Already mentioned it: Gluttony, MoogerFooger and WhoIsThis definitely deserve a thanks for what they have done for the community. :)

NECROREAPER
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM

It was as Gaunab said, it found it funny/upsetting that that person simply left and hasn't been active since 10.22.11, essentially right after he got his GOA "award," and especially since he was only part of the community for only about 2 months. He just showed up, got it, and left. It simply does not do justice to those who have worked so hard with no want of reciprocation for so long while this one person comes in, spam posts with a clear intent for wanting to get the status and magically gets becomes GOA then leaves while the rest of us are left wondering why/how.

StompArtist
11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
It was as Gaunab said, it found it funny/upsetting that that person simply left and hasn't been active since 10.22.11, essentially right after he got his GOA "award," and especially since he was only part of the community for only about 2 months. He just showed up, got it, and left. It simply does not do justice to those who have worked so hard with no want of reciprocation for so long while this one person comes in, spam posts with a clear intent for wanting to get the status and magically gets becomes GOA then leaves while the rest of us are left wondering why/how.

The person left for personal issues. Just bad timing...

NECROREAPER
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Stomp

KTpantyhose
11-30-2011, 05:56 PM
i would like to try my shot in goa :) if you would like to give me the chance that is..

noobmigo
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!

I WANNA BE GOA!
Pleeeeeeeeease!
Pretty Pleaaase?
Pretty Please with Pistachioooooooooos on toooop?

Pleeeeease?

Pleeeease?

I WANNA BE A GOA!
PLEEEASE!

OK Aaaanyway...
Here's my view on GoA.

-Too many already
Been half a year or something...and we already have 20 something? 15? Something like that.
-Quality not quantity
The quality of GoA's chosen has been steadily decreasing, with a FEW exceptions.
-Popularity contest
Just let the devs choose. GoA is now a popularity contest...but there are a few AMAZINGLY WORTHY CANDIDATES that should have never been passed over.

I say stuff in those few worthy candidates later on, shut it down for a year or two, and then restart it up. Don't remove the status, just don't allow anyone else in. GoA doesn't even mean anything particular to me anymore...in the beginning, I was like...wow that guy is a GoA, he must have helped a lot. I'm now like...nice shield man, great job.... Pl0x some help.

Can't think straight or type striaght right now, lol...drank a little bot.

Cascade
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Like Necro said, I think the devs should pick people that have been on forums/in-game a certain amount of months.

noobmigo
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Like Necro said, I think the devs should pick people that have been on forums/in-game a certain amount of months.

Tha's kin dof c rapy.

just cos they've been on longer doesn't nessceraily mean tht they are mor ehelpful.
I say keepthe choosng system kind of the sme...see my above post...

Zeus
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM

That's a bit biased though, IMO. There are plenty of members that are new and know A LOT more about the game than many forum members on here. Why should those potential candidates be excluded.

The only issue I have is when people ask me how to become a GoA (Or don't ask, but clearly exhibit it). Then a few hours later, I see them posting multiple threads containing half-written guides or daily threads just in hopes of becoming GoA. Maybe I should be more precise in the future. Those who help are great people. Those who put PASSION and TIME into their help are the ones that get distinguished as GoA. No amount of half-written guides/rushed posts are going to get it. Posts should be insightful and well thought out, not random thoughts that are harder to decipher than the Rosenberg Bridge Theory.

NOTE: This is just a trend I noticed; I could be wrong.

noobmigo
11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
That's a bit biased though, IMO. There are plenty of members that are new and know A LOT more about the game than many forum members on here. Why should those potential candidates be excluded.

The only issue I have is when people ask me how to become a GoA (Or don't ask, but clearly exhibit it). Then a few hours later, I see them posting multiple threads containing half-written guides or daily threads just in hopes of becoming GoA. Maybe I should be more precise in the future. Those who help are great people. Those who put PASSION and TIME into their help are the ones that get distinguished as GoA. No amount of half-written guides/rushed posts are going to get it. Posts should be insightful and well thought out, not random thoughts that are harder to decipher than the Rosenberg Bridge Theory.

Rite, I completly agree wit yu.
That is if ya men tht the quality of the goas seem to be decresing.

NECROREAPER
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I didn't say that they should be on the forums for a while, just that in that case he made a very brief appearance. As Parth said, it wouldn't be fair to others if the program was excluded only to senior/older forum members. And even then, a bunch of the older members aren't even close to being GOA material while some of the newer ones are.

Cascade
12-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I think its funny that people get so serious about video games.

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I didn't say that they should be on the forums for a while, just that in that case he made a very brief appearance. As Parth said, it wouldn't be fair to others if the program was excluded only to senior/older forum members. And even then, a bunch of the older members aren't even close to being GOA material while some of the newer ones are.

The problem is that you have to be a senior member to make enough contributions to be worthy or be like Chloe who has been quite helpful in game (which means that you have played a while).

I fully agree that the "green" font player was unworthy.

Cascade
12-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Post posts with some fancy words every now and then and *bam* your a GoA. :O

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, again I never said certain things, like a player being "unworthy," I just didn't agree with who the devs chose, but again I have no factor in that decision process.

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, again I never said certain things, like a player being "unworthy," I just didn't agree with who the devs chose, but again I have no factor in that decision process.

There's no point in trying to hide it - I have always been of the opinion that if a person wants to say something, be honest.

To prove my point, I'm going to say something very controversial: I would support a motion to strip this player of their GoA status. Yes I mean this. The player did considerably less to "earn" their GoA then others did (not to mention less than many who don't have a GoA) and left shortly after.

CrimsonTider
12-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Getting old... really old.

AbsolutePally
12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I wanna be controversial too!

I hereby decree that anyone who wants to be a GOA has to go through me!!! Fight me ig 1/1! Muahaha.

Zeus
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM

Funny, I thought you said you were above this.

LADYHADASSA
12-01-2011, 09:49 AM
To become guardian being helpful is not enough to become one. Many players are helpful in game however recognition will not happen due to the lack of participation in forums and other links.

In my view there are several in game players no super active in forums who are the heart of the guardian ideal

To those old school players who give, bless, teach, guide and play to assist others daily! Congrats!!! Without you many would not be in pl.

I agree with a former post here Parth and Elly both exemplify the honor

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Cascade... Just stop.

On topic, anyone that's been appointed guardian has deserved it at a point. It's not a role, it's a reward. They're not entitled to stay just because they got a shield, hell, I've even been on hiatus a few times so does that mean I was only playing for a shield? They usually do come back; King Richie was I game 2 days ago and said he was going to frequent the game now.

Stop making assumptions on the motives of some of the players with no solid proof. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Bro, you do realize that you make yourself look like your holding a grudge. Right? Not sure that is what you are trying to do...

Cascade
12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Funny, I thought you said you were above this.

I was talking about the mister 'green' text.

@stomp No, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I'm holding a grudge.

Aikiebo
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I fully agree that the "green" font player was unworthy.

I would support a motion to strip this player of their GoA status. Yes I mean this. The player did considerably less to "earn" their GoA then others did (not to mention less than many who don't have a GoA) and left shortly after.

Why are people so judgemental. Fact is, if you go back and read his posts, they were great, at least the ones I remember.

I agree, the GoA is more than just a thank you/reward. But if someone left right after recieving the honor, they had a good reason. I am sure a VERY GOOD reason. People who are upset at this are mainly upset because they aren't a GoA (or someone they like).

Long rants about green text or playing pvp are just vicious attempts at trying to get GoA themselves or for someone they like.

In game, I got a pet peeve also. I really dislike most computer generated names, lol. People are gonna play their toons for a long time, why don't they take the time to pick a name that means something to them. Most are hard to spell if you trying to send them a tell, etc., lol.

Should I come onto the forums with some ridiculous rant about how people who didn't take the time to pick a meaningful name shouldn't be GoA? I can try to read their minds and say, well obviously since they didn't take that few minutes to come up with a "good" name, they obviously don't care as much about the game as those with "good" names.

Wouldn't that be stupid? Yes, it would be, because, a toon's name, the color of a player's text or wether or not they play pvp have nothing to do with GoA qualities.

None of us are the center of the universe. So, just cause the devs pick someone that for some reason you just have to hate on and "frown upon" and look down upon, doesn't mean they shouldn't be GoA.

I looked at the list of GoAs. I find it hard to believe that anyone hates/dislikes/frowns upon/judges ANY of them. They are really awesome people. Why do people spend so much time spreading negative energy. Do you agree with every little thing they have said, maybe not, but SO WHAT.

Just cause me and some other player hasn't had some complete mind meld so that now we think exactly alike doesn't mean they shouldn't be GoA.

So, if you mad because you (or a friend) is not GoA, please don't come on the forum with some long rant about issues that aren't even important or just pick out people to spread hate.

I agree with a former post here Parth and Elly both exemplify the honor

Yes! Agree totally.

Stop making assumptions on the motives of some of the players with no solid proof. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

I agree. Not only is it rude and inconsiderate, but it is impossible. I is impossible to read someone's mind. To suggest that someone "had clear intentions" to spam posts to only get the honor then to leave is ridic. There was never any clear intentions of that at all.

Totally, agre with this. This is an example of what he is talking about. A post that is well thought out and the poster put some actual energy and thought into it. It is useful and not some hateful pile of verbiage.

GoA is obviously more than just a reward. It's that, but so much more. It is very important. I think the GoAs we have are awesome. And the people that are being nominated in this thread are also awesome. I wish everyone luck!!!

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Awesome post, but unfortunately I've hit the Thank cap for the day :(

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Aikeibo, perhaps you're misunderstanding the "green Text" thing; were not upset about the color of his text, just simply using the color of his text as a clear but still discreet way of referencing that person. Again, were not upset about the color of his posts or the content within them, but simply the fact that *WE* (certain members of the forum including myself) disagreed with the dev's decision in choosing him. Yes, we can't do anything about it and we have no say in the choice, but yes, we can choose to disagree with it, just as you choose to disagree with our posts.

As I've said before, I enjoy your posts because they're always very insightful and well thought out even though we often disagree within our respective posts. I know you're not flaming or fighting, but arguing and debating.

Swimmingstar
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Think about the green text this way. The user was Navygreen. He obviously liked the color green. Why not post in green? What's wrong with that? He even posted helpfully. There is NOTHING wrong with posting in your favorite color. Like now I am using orange as an example. You can use the color you want. I don't think the devs even cared about his green text, the devs read everything before they comment. They of course read all a GOA recruits posts. My point is, there is nothing wrong with doing a habit you like to do.

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Again... It wasn't about the color of his posts, I thought my previous post clarified this..

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Again... It wasn't about the color of his posts, I thought my previous post clarified this..

It did?

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 05:06 PM
oh hamburgers...

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
spaghetti!!!!

Redbridge
12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
...... They of course read all a GOA recruits posts......

I'm sure everyone is fully aware, but just in case anyone wasn't, forum posts are only a small part of the evidence which is taken into consideration by STS. So, it is very possible that the evidence which is visible to the community could give one impression when much of the non-visible evidence could paint an entirely different picture.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is just because someone appears to be worthy or not, we, the community, don't have access to anywhere near the same amount of evidence that STS does and therefore can't possibly hold a valid opinion on anything but our individual experiences of said individuals.

I fully agree with much of the above debate, and most of the nominations but I'm thinking we need to remember the GoA reward is a reward from STS to players for their 'above normal' contribution to the community. It's not owned by the community. Despite many previous threads STS have rarely commented publicly on the discussions about the GoA reward. So, my personal conclusion is if you have anything to say about the programme maybe consider sending it direct to them because whilst most people have remained constructive some haven't and I'm not sure what possible positive outcome could come from some of the things some people have written above.

End of boring bit but just wanted clarify we don't see loads of the stuff the dev do cos it seems to have be overlooked....

Was gonna change to green font but frightened to now.....:p

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Dont do it, other wise we won't like you Red!!!! lol

(*makes joke about self*)

Redbridge
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
dont do it, other wise we won't like you red!!!! Lol

(*makes joke about self*)

lol....gulp....

Cytokinesis
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Think about the green text this way. The user was Navygreen. He obviously liked the color green. Why not post in green? What's wrong with that? He even posted helpfully. There is NOTHING wrong with posting in your favorite color. Like now I am using orange as an example. You can use the color you want. I don't think the devs even cared about his green text, the devs read everything before they comment. They of course read all a GOA recruits posts. My point is, there is nothing wrong with doing a habit you like to do.

NavyGreen was a girl lol

Swimmingstar
12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
NavyGreen was a girl lol

Grats... you are making this thread EVEN MORE irrelevant than it already was. Lol... :-l

Cytokinesis
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Grats... you are making this thread EVEN MORE irrelevant than it already was. Lol... :-l
yw(:

:rolleyes:

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Do we really know what a player does to gain GoA? It's not just about forum presence, but what they do in game as well. I cannot say for sure that anyone who was bestowed with the title of Guardian of Alterra is undeserving. The devs made the choice and we all have to live with it; no take backs, double stamp!

Cascade
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Do we really know what a player does to gain GoA? It's not just about forum presence, but what they do in game as well. I cannot say for sure that anyone who was bestowed with the title of Guardian of Alterra is undeserving. The devs made the choice and we all have to live with it; no take backs, double stamp!

Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behaviour.

Swimmingstar
12-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behavior.

Yep, like if they spam forums and put a bunch of inappropriate stuff.

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behaviour.

Only GOA I know of that was stripped of their title was violating TOS. As to what they did, I have no idea, just like NONE of us know what any guardians did to earn their shield. Why? Because we are not devs and do not have access to everything people do. We have no idea what PMs a forum user sent to devs. We don't have forum chat logs so we don't know who helps there or conversations they had with devs. We don't see in game chat logs for peoples alts. All we see is what what we are supposed to see, and sometimes what we don't see is much more important.

Cascade
12-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I didn't know someone got stripped of their title. :0

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Yep, like if they spam forums.

Spam is banworthy, Gluttony loves Spam!

http://www.spam.com/ASSETS/0EE75B480E5B450F807117E06219CDA6/spamReg.png

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
NavyGreen was a girl lol

Actually, I believe navy is a guy

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Spam is banworthy, Gluttony loves Spam!

http://www.spam.com/ASSETS/0EE75B480E5B450F807117E06219CDA6/spamReg.png

Omg I love spam!!!! I had some today... And yesterday.... And the day before....

Cytokinesis
12-01-2011, 08:17 PM
i think once she told me she was a mother....

Zojak
12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm sure the Devs will pick more Guardians when they find the right candidates =]

KingFu
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM

I thought the same. I couldn't find anything of him/her stating her gender, all I found was this:

Wow!

I don't know what to say man. Thank goodness you're ok. So what does this mean for you? Insurance covered, obviously? Hopefully? Because there was a recall, does that mean a replacement? Where to go from here? That sucks, dude.

May be a stereotypical statement here, but guys usually refer to other guys as "man" and "dude". Not much evidence, but then again, I suck at searching posts, so there may be something out there.

Aikiebo
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM

Aikeibo, perhaps you're misunderstanding the "green Text" thing; were not upset about the color of his text, just simply using the color of his text as a clear but still discreet way of referencing that person. Again, were not upset about the color of his posts or the content within them,

Maybe not now, cuz ranting about post color seems so silly now, but originally, many people said that was the problem or part of the problem. So, that is why me and some others are responding the way we are. See below:

The green colour refers to one player who did exactly what Absolutepally described, not calling out names. Different coloured font make the posts (and therefor the name) stand out from the others. I'd be happy if everyone would use black btw, since it's the easiest to read, and nobody needs to make his post "Special" by the font, but rather by the content.

This^^^

But, I'm glad we are past this silly stuff about post color now.

I agree with you. There is no legitimate reason to hate on green text guy. The green color text not important. Only being on forum two months not important.

(Prob in game lot longer).

When you look at his posts, you see no hint, not even a whisper of malice or negative energy towards anything. You see someone who loves the game and has a protective spirit (hmm.... Guardian = one who protects), and is very knowledgable. Many of his posts are short, very short. But so are yours and most other people's. I can see very clearly why he was choosen GoA.

But, my bigger point is, why are so many people spreading hate about this guy and the program in general? People are bitter cuz they or their friends not appointed, others wanting to know if AoAs will get"promoted" and become GoAs, lol. Many people with hidden or semi-hiden agendas.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all - remember that from Zheotare's thread.

The devs gave us what could be considered: ::annoyingharpmusic:: A Wonderful Gift ::annoyingharpmusic:: The Private Message ::annoyingharpmusic::

They gave us that ability because they were hoping we would use it.

Way early in this thread, someone nominated a forum member. Right away someone RUDELY suggested that he didn't deserve the honor. I was like, omg, who --- how --- is it even possible that someone doesn't like this guy (the one that was nominated).

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Or use. ... well I'd suggest sending a private message to the devs, but then we'd have to hear that annoying harp music again.

Oh, and btw, it is really insulting to say that the devs were tricked or manipulated by some device. I can garantee that that did not happen.

The person left for personal issues. Just bad timing...

Thanks for the heads up Stomp

See, now we know what really happened. He didn't spam green text just to get the honor so that he could then scurry off. It's only been five weeks since he has been active. He is probably going to come back.

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 11:56 PM
People disagree with him being chosen for totally different reasons, if you'd like to know just shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to tell you there rather than this thread get more derailed than red hamburger and purple spaghetti, haha.

Also, I agree with you that some people get offended by the fact that they/a friend hasn't been chosen and so they seek to shoot down everyone else who gets a mention. Not everyone does that though, heck, barely even a few do that, but it obviously has massive negative implications on the forum as a whole, as it seems that everyone feeds off the forum vibe put off by one another (hence the massive outbreaks of necroposting and forum policing).

I think the main thing that people should take away from this is that no matter who gets appointed, no, Rewarded GOA status, we should all be happy for them and for the game because it only benefits the community as a whole.

Fyrce
12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I think maybe this whole thread reminds why I feel uncomfortable with all these types of programs.

Thanks are great and all that, but it seems to be human nature to use anything to appoint someone a leader. And when anything is handed out by people in authority, such as a shield or a title, particularly a title implying some sort of exulted status, well, it's natural for certain others to see these people are having such an exulted status.

When such is the case, suddenly there will be others who want such exulted status and will do just about anything to obtain it... or otherwise interfere with such...

Aikiebo
12-02-2011, 12:26 AM
People disagree with him being chosen for totally different reasons, if you'd like to know just shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to tell you there rather than this thread get more derailed than red hamburger and purple spaghetti, haha.

Also, I agree with you that some people get offended by the fact that they/a friend hasn't been chosen and so they seek to shoot down everyone else who gets a mention. Not everyone does that though, heck, barely even a few do that, but it obviously has massive negative implications on the forum as a whole, as it seems that everyone feeds off the forum vibe put off by one another (hence the massive outbreaks of necroposting and forum policing).

I think the main thing that people should take away from this is that no matter who gets appointed, no, Rewarded GOA status, we should all be happy for them and for the game because it only benefits the community as a whole.

Necro, yes, I would be interested in finding out. However, I either cannot or do not know how to initiate a private message on this device (my annoying harp is busted apparently). So, please just send me a pm, then I can respond to that.

If there really is "other reasons", why were so many people going on about green text, spamming posts and only two months? Why assasinate someone's character who everyone is admitting is taking a break from the game. He is not active so cannot answer the complaints or defend himself.

Hopefully you are right about only being a few who are trying to end the GoA program and/or hate on specific individuals because they are angry they or friend didn't get picked. I hope you are right. There are several on this thread posting repeatedly who are guilty of this. Hopefully, those are the only ones in the whole forum who feel this way. If this is the case, then, you are right about it only be a few.

But, these few are vocal and are spewing hate on the program iteself or against individuals or asking over and over again if their AoA status will lead to GoA status. They shouldn't be any of this. I agree that is hurting the forum when people act like that. It does NOT reflect on the GoA program in a bad way, just on those few people who do this.

Your last paragraph: Yes, YES! That is exactly what I am saying. People should stop hurting the forum and game just cuz they upset they not been given the
GoA honor. So there is no reason to publically hate on this guy. There was never a valid reason to do this. The forums supposed to be friendly place.

NECROREAPER
12-02-2011, 12:31 AM
And this is why I enjoy debating with you. We usually have opposing views but you often provide insightful and often overlooked ideas that compose one hell of an argument most of the time.

Bravo chap!!! :P

CrimsonTider
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I think maybe this whole thread reminds why I feel uncomfortable with all these types of programs.

Thanks are great and all that, but it seems to be human nature to use anything to appoint someone a leader. And when anything is handed out by people in authority, such as a shield or a title, particularly a title implying some sort of exulted status, well, it's natural for certain others to see these people are having such an exulted status.

When such is the case, suddenly there will be others who want such exulted status and will do just about anything to obtain it... or otherwise interfere with such...

I understand your logic BUT whomever thinks GoA's are in a position of autbority or a leader in this game lack what we call "common sense." It is a simple gesture of "thank you" for whatever the individual has done/does. I have said it more than I can count: we are just normal players. Period.

As far as all the talk about Navygreen goes: let it die already!

zeusabe
12-02-2011, 04:36 AM
If there are guardians, I wish they'd do a Demons of Alterra, you know, the bad dudes. How can people appreciate good guys when there aren't really bad guys...officially speaking. These bad guys can like kill people even on non-PVP maps say Balefort at a given time say in a window of 1 hour, that'll be cool LOL, and it's up to Guardians to kill these Bad guys in same non-pvp map to protect the civilians. Something like that. Now that would be really super. Right now, Guardians are like meeeehhh....okkkaaaay....cuuutie patoootie i'm so goody...it's pointless and really, so what? LoL.Just my humble opinion.

Elf-Orc-Naga
12-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Apollo youre too active in this forum i wonder why youre not a guadian? Well ivote you :)

Redbridge
12-02-2011, 04:51 AM
If there are guardians, I wish they'd do a Demons of Alterra, you know, the bad dudes. How can people appreciate good guys when there aren't really bad guys...officially speaking. These bad guys can like kill people even on non-PVP maps say Balefort at a given time say in a window of 1 hour, that'll be cool LOL, and it's up to Guardians to kill these Bad guys in same non-pvp map to protect the civilians. Something like that. Now that would be really super. Right now, Guardians are like meeeehhh....okkkaaaay....cuuutie patoootie i'm so goody...it's pointless and really, so what? LoL.Just my humble opinion.

LOL - but no.... Imagine STS promoting the type of behaviour across the community to get this award. Would go completely against the standards they are trying to uphold across the board.... Funny idea though....lol

KingFu
12-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Apollo youre too active in this forum i wonder why youre not a guadian? Well ivote you :)

He is already a guardian:)

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Have you met FluffNStuff? Hardly a mr goody-two-shoes... lol

FluffNStuff
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Have you met FluffNStuff? Hardly a mr goody-two-shoes... lol

Hey! I resemble that remark!

NECROREAPER
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
^^^

Resemble or resent?

Zojak
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
^^^

Resemble or resent?

Resemble for sure

Aikiebo
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I understand your logic BUT whomever thinks GoA's are in a position of autbority or a leader in this game lack what we call "common sense." It is a simple gesture of "thank you" for whatever the individual has done/does. I have said it more than I can count: we are just normal players. Period.

I don't think this is, well, completely acurate. It is impossible to think that the GoA program is ONLY a thank you for past service.

If you read the original thread you will see what I mean.

Some of us played Little Leauge Baseball when we were little kids. If we did really good and our team came in first place that season, what happened? Well, there was an award ceremony and after the tater saled all the team members got one of those little trophys, right?

Let's say, the following year, we didn't want to play Little Leauge. Did we have to give back that trophy? No, obviously not. No one cared if you played the following year. You weren't required to and you didn't have to give the trophy back if you didn't play.

So, is that what a few people are saying--- that GoA is just like that Little Leauge trophy? It is just a reward for past deeds and NO expectations at all for future activity?

IF, if that is acurate, then why would anyone care that green text guy became inactive a few weeks after being honored with the GoA reward? Isn't that exactly what people are supposed to do or at least entitled to do.

Read the original post about the GoA program. Do you really think that STS wants people to help the community in the ways they list HOWEVER as soon as they get the reward they can just go ahead and STOP. LOL, lol.

Obviously, GoAs have responsibilities. Are they required to perform a certain set of tasks? No. Do they have some sort of authority in-game or on the forums? No

No one, as far as I know, has ever said that they are required to do anything or have ANY SORT OF AUTHORITY at all.

But GoAs, wether they like it or not, are role models. If they act in positive ways, they will be great role models. If they act in negative ways, well, they won't be that great of role model. Why would STS give someone an award/thank you for past deeds and then hope and pray that these folks stop, just stop these positive activities.

Are there requirements, quotoas, schedules, pressure, etc., No. Why would there be? But, is that the only way that GoAs will continue to be role models is if they are doing it under threat of having their shield/title removed? OF COURSE NOT. Do they have authority in-game or on the forum? OF COURSE NOT.

I just find it hard to believe that some are standing up tall and proud and doing this huge shout out for apathy.

Why would a program be developed if the devs are hoping people will stop acting in ways that got them the award to begin with? What's that saying to new players/members and new GoAs?

But, if someone has to take a break from the game for any reason, they are still very entitled to their award because they did earn it.

However, if people want to continue to say that they have no responsibilites at all after the award is given, then I ask again, why does anyone care about green text guy taking a break from the game after he got honored?

Because, the "green text" issue and the "omg, he's spamming posts" issue, the "taking a break from the game" issue and the " OMG, he's only been on the forum for 2 1/2 months" issue has NOTHING to do with what they are really upset about. They are mad that they or their friends did not get appointed GoA.

What do you think a new person to the forum is gonna think when they read this thread? I think they aren't gonna like the way this forum treats their own.
The forum is supposed to be a friendly place.

Arakazeve
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Please help me my chacter name is arakazeve he is unrester. Please help

Swimmingstar
12-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Please help me my chacter name is arakazeve he is unrester. Please help
Uh... Anyone wanna help this guy?

Chang Yeo
12-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey arak,
I know someone called swimmingstar who would be honoured to help you.