PDA

View Full Version : XP Calculator v0.1 - Plan & Data Collection - NEED YOUR HELP!

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone!

So I have completed the plan for the first version of the XP calculator!

XP Calculator Plan for the first version:

Players go to a site and enter in their current level and target level that they would like to reach.
Players choose whether they are "Hardcore levelers" (4-5 people hardcore), "Casual levelers" (23 people casual), or "Chatting levelers" (1-2 people very casual).
Players choose if they want to do the runs with elkixers and if so, which (ie. 4x Plat elixer, 1.5x gold elixer, 3x free daily one).
Players push calculate and they get back the following information:
XP required to target level
Amount of time without elixers
Amount of time with elixer of choice
Amount of plat/gold if using elixers
Best map(s) to level in to reach target

Data Collection:
So thats the plan, now this is a pretty big project because there is a large amount of data that we will need to collect. If anyone is willing to help out, would they mind choosing an item from the list below, posting to say that your working on it so two people dont work on it, and then post the results here when your done.

What data to collect:

Find out how much XP you get per run without elixers on the following maps (working on major leveling maps for each campaign for now):

Forest Haven - The Skeleton Cult Crypts
Dark Forest - The Kings Forest
Balefort Castle - Hidden Passage
Fathom Crypt - Mega Maze Mashup
Lost Expedition - Return of The Frost King
Ancient Swamps - Boyous Boss Brawl
Alien Oasis I - The Great Pyramid
Alien Oasis II - Plasma Pyramid
Alien Oasis III - Crush the Keeper
Balefort Sewers - Bandit Boy Hideout
Nuris Hollow - The Haunted Synthony
Mount Fang - Crypt - COLLECTED,ty ayc

Find out the average amount of time taken to do the run without elixers with each of the following three modes:
Power XP runs (4-5 players hardcore)
Leisure runs (2-3 players casual)
Chatting run (1-2 players very casual)
Find out if the amount of xp from maps is alterred in any way if your doing one of the run methods above. Map XP gain without elixers should be around the same for all 3 of the modes.
Find out if the 1.5x elixer for example actually does give you exactly 1.5x#xp per map. - CONFIRMED by Grankledude

If any of the information above is incorrect, please dont hesitate to correct me!

If you guys could help out with that data collection, ill get started on the utility programming right now :)

Thanks everyone!

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 08:51 AM
i would love to see the finished version. sounds like a huge project to me as well. this would benefit everyone currently levelling, and all your info is fine. i dont know how i could help tho. one question:

what does this part mean?

Fao
11-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Already! :eek: Y'all are amazing can't wait to use it! And yea wut does that stuff mean that skeleton lord asked???

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 09:10 AM
i would love to see the finished version. sounds like a huge project to me as well. this would benefit everyone currently levelling, and all your info is fine. i dont know how i could help tho. one question:

what does this part mean?

Those are the different modes that I will have, to calculate the time I need to know how much per run, and hardcore games go faster than non hardcore. Hope that answers your question :-)

And you can help out by taking an item on the list if you want... :-)

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Those are the different modes that I will have, to calculate the time I need to know how much per run, and hardcore games go faster than non hardcore. Hope that answers your question :-)

And you can help out by taking an item on the list if you want... :-)

ok, thank you so much. that does answer my question. Thanks! so for power xp runs, you mean 4-5 hardcore runners? and the same for the others?

Grankledude
11-27-2011, 09:49 AM
the 1.5 elixir DOES give u 1.5 xp per mob, found out killin two mobs and it gave me 3xp :)

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks grankle! :)

Would anyone like to come up with a list of the 1 map in every campaign that everyone uses and is the best for leveling? :)

Silentarrow
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM
I made a list awhile ago, let me go find it.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28790-Best-maps-to-get-to-50

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Silent! :)

If anyone has suggestions for the best xp level in Alien Oasis I, Nuris Hollow, or Mount fang, please do tell! :)

SUPAPRODIGY
11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
OMG is it done ..) i cant wait anylonger wanna see how good it is.

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Not yet man, still need to collect the rest of the data

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
If anyone has suggestions for the best xp level in Alien Oasis I, Nuris Hollow, or Mount fang, please do tell!

for Alien Oasis 1, the best map for xp is "The Great Pryamid"
for Nuri Hallow, the best map for xp is "The Haunted Synthony"
for Mount Fang, the best map(s) is maps 2 to 5. "crypt, first floor, second floor, and third floor"

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 11:10 AM
If anyone has suggestions for the best xp level in Alien Oasis I, Nuris Hollow, or Mount fang, please do tell!

for Alien Oasis 1, the best map for xp is "The Great Pryamid"
for Nuri Hallow, the best map for xp is "The Haunted Synthony"
for Mount Fang, the best map(s) is maps 2 to 5. "crypt, first floor, second floor, and third floor"
Thanks! Sorry, forgot to ask b4, what about balefort sewers?

Conradin
11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Balfort sewers is lv 1 bandit hideout i believe. Ill take Crush the keeper- also you hae to add in. A full party bonus.

Redbridge
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Bandit Boy Hideout runs? slushie runs?

For those that don't know, these are purely XP only runs.

Make, clear the map all the way to the junction before the grates, and from there clear to the grates, return to kill catspawn and then remake.... A good team remaking quickly can really rattle some serious XP off...

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
balefort sewers best xp map is indeed bandit hideout. this is the best place to get xp

Ayc2000
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
For mt fang crypt, the power xp run lasts 4 minutes with a very good group, about one or two potted.
In a casual group, none potted, it lasts 6 minutes with no potted person.
In a full potted group, it lasts about three minutes
The total xp gain is 204 last time I checked with no elixirs.
I'm going to have to recheck that ^^

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks Everyone!

All of this is verrrrryyyyyy helpful! :)

Riccits
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
this gonna be hard, xp gain also depends from threat level and dont forget the full group bonus

DanielRH
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Absolutely, but we can get it right withen a margin of error. Its does not have to be exact, people mostly want an estimate anyways. I don't thunk anyone will mind if its an hour off lol :-) but yep you raise a good point! :-)

CrimsonTider
11-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Dont forget to factor in boss kills vs. no boss kill. "No boss" are what I consider pure xp runs as time is a huge commodity for moi.

Riccits
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
when i leveled my alts i always tried to join the next higher dungeon asap. if not ur half as slow. big factor....

DanielRH
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Ty crimson and riccits :-) anyone else wanna choose an item from the list and help out? :-)