PDA

View Full Version : URGENT QUESTION!- SL Contest less than 15 hours...

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 08:48 AM
If you edit music via DJ board etc. is it still copyright infringement if I use that in the SL contest?

Cause I've seen people flip (mirror) film clips to avoid copyright issues...

Fao
11-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't think you can do that, you can make your own but not mess with others.

Slant
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
hmm no remixing copyrighted content is not fair use u can use less than 10 seconds of stuff or samples that cant be traced (tiny pieces of sound)... safer to just use OC or public domain sounds
the rules clearly state that you should own rights though

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 10:50 AM
If you edit music via DJ board etc. is it still copyright infringement if I use that in the SL contest?

Cause I've seen people flip (mirror) film clips to avoid copyright issues...

Think it is buddy, anyone using music or the tunes that another artist created is an infringement. Though I've seen a few entries that have still added this. Sam and STS allowed more time so that people had a fair chance expalining about the music here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40748-New-Star-Legends-Player-Video-Guide-Event-Rules!/page5).

If your unsure I would say your best bet is usually PM'n Sam, but he may not see the message in time. Is it possible to do two copies? one with the music and one without? That way if he gets back and says that one cant be used then at least you have the other as a back up.

• You MUST own the rights to any music used in your video. This means you may NOT use any commercial music (a CD or MP3 file you own of an artist, for example). This means you need to either make the music yourself. Our suggestion is to use your voice to have a descriptive voice over helping the viewer to understand what they are seeing.

6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; ; (ii) Submitter has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey to SPACETIME the Content and the rights granted herein, (iii) no use of Content as provided herein by SPACETIME or its designee(s) will infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party; (iv) Submitter has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement with SPACETIME and (v) no outstanding agreements exist, whether written or implied, which are inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Agreement.

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Okay I came up with a plan...I MADE MY OWN SONG ON GARAGE BAND:)

Should be done with my re-vamped video in less than an hour:D

ooommmggg
11-27-2011, 11:26 AM
niiiiice

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 11:28 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to see it now :D

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see it now :D

Darn, sorry I think there's something wrong with my computer... its taking forever to load:(
Do you think it could be because of all the files I saved? (Clips and music)
Usually takes 30 mins to finalize but now its 2 hours:/ Plus my screen is kinda lagging.

Sorry if I delay a bit. I'll try my best to speed it up >.<

Zeus
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM

That's what I did using the combination of loops provided for me from GarageBand, for the intro and ending, that is.

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 12:01 PM
That's what I did using the combination of loops provided for me from GarageBand, for the into and ending, that is.

Well, you know what they say, great minds think alike! (Except my whole thing is filled with loops:O)

Zeus
11-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, you know what they say, great minds think alike! (Except my whole thing is filled with loops:O)

Lol! Btw, what are your specs for your mac? I may know of a way to cut out any lag you are experiencing.

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Darn, sorry I think there's something wrong with my computer... its taking forever to load:(
Do you think it could be because of all the files I saved? (Clips and music)
Usually takes 30 mins to finalize but now its 2 hours:/ Plus my screen is kinda lagging.

Sorry if I delay a bit. I'll try my best to speed it up >.<

Hehe, im always on buddy so no need to rush :) Take your time to perfect it ;)

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Lol! Btw, what are your specs for your mac? I may know of a way to cut out any lag you are experiencing.

Not really sure if this is what your looking for but: 1.86GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, Macbook Air, 46.88 GB free on storage...

Zeus
11-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Not really sure if this is what your looking for but: 1.86GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, Macbook Air, 46.88 GB free on storage...

and what program did you use to record your screen?

QuickTime has a built in screen recorder that records 30 FPS. Since it is native, sometimes it may appear smoother than a 3rd party screen recorder that records 60 FPS, for example, Camtasia. Try it out and lemme know!

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
and what program did you use to record your screen?

QuickTime has a built in screen recorder that records 30 FPS. Since it is native, sometimes it may appear smoother than a 3rd party screen recorder that records 60 FPS, for example, Camtasia. Try it out and lemme know!

I used snap pro x 30 FPS. I think Camtasia is only for windows right?

Zeus
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I used snap pro x 30 FPS. I think Camtasia is only for windows right?

Camtasia is available for Mac too! You can try out the free trial without any throttling down on the program for 30 days! What I mean to say is, unlike other trial versions, this one is essentially the full program during it's trial period.

Zeus
11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Sweet, I'll try it out after my Snap Pro X 15 day trial.
Once again, my video has an error finalizing, so I'm going to try upload it to youtube first.
What does finalize project even do anyway?

I assuming it's converting coding or something. I'm unsure about that, lol.

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Sweet, I'll try it out after my Snap Pro X 15 day trial.
Once again, my video has an error finalizing, so I'm going to try upload it to youtube first.
What does finalize project even do anyway?

Finalize Project will render your project in all sizes available. This may take some time, so you may want to do it overnight (Not possible in your case) or while you are away from the computer. Once you have done it, you can share to iTunes, MobileMe, FaceBook, YouTube, etc, and you only have to worry about the network time. It does not have to render again.

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Finalize Project will render your project in all sizes available. This may take some time, so you may want to do it overnight (Not possible in your case) or while you are away from the computer. Once you have done it, you can share to iTunes, MobileMe, FaceBook, YouTube, etc, and you only have to worry about the network time. It does not have to render again.

Personally, I would always finalize b4 uploading but an error keeps occurring saying stuff like you need more memory to share files etc.
I realized it must be my wi-fi since its slow as grinding to elite levels on my ITouch. Can't even load safari on it:/

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
its slow as grinding to elite levels on my ITouch.

LOL!

Do what ever's best for you in this case if it doesn't work upload straight to YouTube, like you said above.

Zeus
11-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Beanie, if you can send me the file via email, I'll be glad to upload it for you. I have 50 mpbs stable connection on average, so uploading only takes 7-15 minutes for me on 1080p.

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Beanie, if you can send me the file via email, I'll be glad to upload it for you. I have 50 mpbs stable connection on average, so uploading only takes 7-15 minutes for me on 1080p.

Awrwrw thats so kind:) I would but it said it's finished uploading to youtube, and only needs to process it. It that doesn't happen in the next 20 minutes. I'll email you. :):):)

YES IT WORKED! EurEKA!

Here's the link please check it out!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcJxMOfm98

Zeus
11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Awrwrw thats so kind:) I would but it said it's finished uploading to youtube, and only needs to process it. It that doesn't happen in the next 20 minutes. I'll email you. :):):)

Okay and if you want 1080p, just hit me up and I'll convert it for you. :) Once again, I'll need the file on hand via email though. :)

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM

YES IT WORKED! EurEKA!

Here's the link please check it out!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcJxMOfm98

Wow you have literally changed the whole thing! Nice job, a little laggy with the music at 2-3 times throughout, guessing a prob when uplaoding.

You added every single thing that I had mentioned in the other thread! :D

Alot more information and some nice little touches with the graphics and extra pieces added.

Overall great job buddy!

ETA: Just re-watched; (And didn't lagg at all, maybe was my connection) :D

Critic side of me :p

Couldn't see anything regarding guilds? or the notifications in the top right, where all messages and acceptance of guild requests are kept while in that instance, and the thanks message at the end is just a tad to quick to read properly maybe slow it down just a little.

All very minor, and can be left alone and be just as good. :D

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow you have literally changed the whole thing! Nice job, a little laggy with the music at 2-3 times throughout, guessing a prob when uplaoding.

You added every single thing that I had mentioned in the other thread! :D

Alot more information and some nice little touches with the graphics and extra pieces added.

Overall great job buddy!

Hehe by re-vamp, I meant start all over from stretch:D
I tried to include everything they should know in the start and almost forgot about the pinching thing:P

Would the lag be better if it was 1080p? Or would that just change the pixels?

@Apollo Could I email it to you please? You want me to send it to your forum email?

Zeus
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I tried to include everything they should know in the start and almost forgot about the pinching thing:P

Would the lag be better if it was 1080p? Or would that just change the pixels?

@Apollo Could I email it to you please? You want me to send it to your forum email?

I'll PM you my email. :)

EDIT: Looks like iMovie already uploaded it as HD. No wonder it said it was going to take so long to upload. I was like, 480P that time doesn't make sense!?

It looks pretty awesome! Nice job, bud! :)

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Edited my post above :p

Lmao! You can say that again!!! Awesome job buddy!:D

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Wait it says HD next to it? I thought 720+ was HD :o

If it is, then no need to convert it to 1080p, still hasn't left my email lol...

Bod, in all honesty, this was very pressuring for me (5 min time limit) so I wanted to go over the very important stuff because
1. I need to sleep;) 3am here, almost an all-nighter editing my vid
2. Flight tomorrow back to U.S and gonna be jet-lagged as hell:P
I wish I could include the rest since I still have a minute left but yeah also need to pack lol...xD

Zeus
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM

If it is, then no need to convert it to 1080p, still hasn't left my email lol...

Bod, in all honesty, this was very pressuring for me (5 min time limit) so I wanted to go over the very important stuff because
I wish I could include the rest since I still have a minute left but yeah also need to pack lol...xD

Haha, nice! Thanks for the pinch to zoom tip, btw! I forgot to include that, so I added it as a quick annotation in my video. :)

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 01:57 PM

WOW! Lool get to bed already! Like I said buddy very minor stuff, not going to effect it much at all, lol guess that's what I get being a critic :p Nah go get sleep buddy great job, and the amount of time and effort put in, I wish you all the best :D

Main reason for edit was this part :D

ETA: Just re-watched; (And didn't lagg at all, maybe was my connection)

Zeus
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
WOW! Lool get to bed already! Like I said buddy very minor stuff, not going to effect it much at all, lol guess that's what I get being a critic :p Nah go get sleep buddy great job, and the amount of time and effort put in, I wish you all the best :D

You, my friend, are an epic critic! When I put my video out for evaluation, that's what I want, evaluation! Not a friend's sugar-coated response. You deliver! Thank you for helping me throughout my video! :)

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Lol you guys...:)
Thank you so much for guiding my through my 2nd version!
So much advice and help!
I'm going to bed soon straight after I send my email to STS.

BodMaster
11-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Lol you guys...:)
Thank you so much for guiding my through my 2nd version!
So much advice and help!
I'm going to bed soon straight after I send my email to STS.

You, my friend, are an epic critic! When I put my video out for evaluation, that's what I want, evaluation! Not a friend's sugar-coated response. You deliver! Thank you for helping me throughout my video! :)

Cheers buddy! I know exactly what you mean! And I'm thankful that people like you and bean listen and responded to the critic side of me, which has improved both of your submissions by a massive amount. I take my hat off to you guys for putting so much time and effort into these vids, you could both of left them how they were just to get the vanity, but nope you've gone all out and now stand a chance at winning this!

Great job guys :applause: