PDA

View Full Version : I need tips and answers!

Fao
11-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I need tips on how to be a successful and nice former! If u have any plz comment them to me! Also I have a question! What are the little green bars under your name on the STS forums??? Plz help I want to be a great former with yalls help! Hope to see y'all in game!!! :)

Skeletonlord
11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
These bars are your forum rep. The more red you have the bader you are, the more green the more popular. Be helpful and nice to get more reputation

Buubuuftw
11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
The green bars are your reputation. The more thumbs up you get, the more green bars you get. If you have red bars then you have a bad rep. Don't beg people for thumbs up or thanks though cause they rarely work. And as for being a good forumer, just follow the rules. Necroing posts, spamming, double posting, etc are often thought of as bad forum manners.

EDIT: skeleton beat me to it XD

Fao
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
The green bars are your reputation. The more thumbs up you get, the more green bars you get. If you have red bars then you have a bad rep. Don't beg people for thumbs up or thanks though cause they rarely work. And as for being a good forumer, just follow the rules. Necroing posts, spamming, double posting, etc are often thought of as bad forum manners.

EDIT: skeleton beat me to it XDok thx to u and skeleton!;)

Gaunab
11-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Hey faoeskeki.

I posted once in your other thread, but I will say it again:

Be a helpful and nice person, and you will be recieving the honor and reputation :)
The "how-to" is pretty obvious, but here are some basic tips:

-- only post information when you really know about it, don't post rumors or unsure information (if you do, include a notice)
-- use friendly language. Do never ever flame anyone, even if this other person started it. Always watch your language and tone. Read every post again before posting it, if it sounds harsh, delete and rewrite.
-- Do NOT AIM at getting a good reputation or even a guardianship!! Be helpful because you feel that is the right thing to do, not to receive personal satisfaction.
-- respect the ToS and try to help others to respect it

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forums :)

Fao
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey faoeskeki.

I posted once in your other thread, but I will say it again:

Be a helpful and nice person, and you will be recieving the honor and reputation :)
The "how-to" is pretty obvious, but here are some basic tips:

-- only post information when you really know about it, don't post rumors or unsure information (if you do, include a notice)
-- use friendly language. Do never ever flame anyone, even if this other person started it. Always watch your language and tone. Read every post again before posting it, if it sounds harsh, delete and rewrite.
-- Do NOT AIM at getting a good reputation or even a guardianship!! Be helpful because you feel that is the right thing to do, not to receive personal satisfaction.
-- respect the ToS and try to help others to respect it

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forums :) ok thx for the help and, does that mean not to say" I hope to be an AoA or GoA some day" I guess it does so I'll stop you've been a great help so thx! Hope to see IG soon!

Fao
11-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I actually want to help others bcuz for some strange reason it's more fun or interesting than lvling up to me, but I guess I've been aiming to be a guardian or ambassador more than helping, so I guess now that my goal is to be a great helper in this community thx for all yall have done and plz pm me if I'm doing the " I hope to be an AoA or GoA" or doing something wrong or offensive thx for posting and I hope to be great friends with y'all and I already feel like we r friends but soon to be best friends! :D :D ;) ;)