PDA

View Full Version : How to Spot Price-Raisers

Earlingstad
12-23-2018, 03:40 AM
The following points may not always be true but it is a general observation of traders threads (not all but some of them). I assume this to be true in most cases if not all. People need to purchase carefully, ask for screenshots of Current Offers and not fall for con-artists. Disagreement is accepted.

1. Mostly newer accounts will create the thread. (Member, Junior Member, New member types).

2. Their threads get offered a high price by alts/friends that have the above forum status.

3. The c.o. offered is imaginary or fake unless proven by an attached image.

4. The thread closes very fast with the mention of the word SOLD in a new post (to show that the item sold quick at a high price). They could just edit the thread and type sold but no they have to bump it with a new post just to say sold so it is seen by the public.

5. Typing sold a few hours after creation of the thread just makes the public think that it is a highly desirable in demand item.

6. The new post that was created only to mention sold also states the price it is sold at. Like its very important for us to know at what price he sold the item. After it got sold, why would the seller care to state the price unless asked? Most of us even forget to update our threads as sold and here we have sly-seller feeling it necessary to mention the price..hmm..fishy. Suppose his imaginary c.o. is 48m, he will mention SOLD price as 53m to establish the current price as 53m-ish.

7. Now we the general public think that if we pay 50m for this item, we got it at a discount and we pay...and this goes on and on.

Captainrock
12-23-2018, 04:41 AM
I have noticed this many times especially for red ballon banner,people should just avoid
Buying red ballon banner as this item is the most manipulated one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodmorningSam
12-23-2018, 05:10 AM
[emoji106]

[emoji274]

Lethoiun
12-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Some one said 'price manipulation' doesn't exist.

hmmph

@ninjasmurf

slaaayerrr
12-23-2018, 11:43 AM
ofc everyone want to sell his items for higher price
what wrong about increasing price of items which u have and want to sell for bigger price? these ways to merch are not against ToS. If u dont want to buy for big price - skip that seller(s) and try find other, if cant find other - means item really rare and it will be seller(s) who set price for that item, but not you
or maybe, u suddenly felt that it is ONLY you who know correct prices items which u going to buy?

ps: this thread will not change anything and also this thread looking more like a guide for starting merchants lol

Ninjasmurf
12-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Some one said 'price manipulation' doesn't exist.

hmmph

@ninjasmurf

Ya it doesn’t lol think about it. No matter what in the end whoever buys decides to pay that price. Something’s only worth what someone would pay for it.. if I put my tree set in auction for 99mil does that mean that’s the price for now on? No lol. Same thing if I put it in for 99k. One person can not determine the price of something whether they hoard or not because ppl have the choice not to buy and they are forced to sell for less.

Fatday
12-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Just don't buy any stuff with high price! XD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lethoiun
12-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Ya it doesn’t lol think about it. No matter what in the end whoever buys decides to pay that price. Something’s only worth what someone would pay for it.. if I put my tree set in auction for 99mil does that mean that’s the price for now on? No lol. Same thing if I put it in for 99k. One person can not determine the price of something whether they hoard or not because ppl have the choice not to buy and they are forced to sell for less.

You dodged the op of this thread

Fyrce
12-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Price manipulation has existed since humans started the first market. It is why a well-regulated stock market bans certain forms of price manipulation. It is why the "my rights are greater than yours" type of person wants no regulations at all. It is why players want companies to regulate and why some companies program certain disclosures into their markets.

mod
12-23-2018, 10:44 PM
The things that Encryptions and disproof did to balloons are considered price manipulation. Did you see the house mail that was sent?

Earlingstad
12-23-2018, 11:08 PM
We are digressing a little bit by turning the tiny, simple eye-opener thread into a heated debate about whether the practice is wrong or right. The topic is only about the assumed way the manipulators work and the need for us to be alert as a buyer.

Fatday
12-24-2018, 12:14 AM
The things that Encryptions and disproof did to balloons are considered price manipulation. Did you see the house mail that was sent?Do u know, how many ballons does he had?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Encryptions
12-24-2018, 12:32 AM
Ah you know, it would be lovely if people stop talking about me and my friend merching red balloons. Just because we have some balloons doesn't mean we are manipulating stuff. All we are doing is buying a cool item and holding it as the price raises. So just stop, tyvm. Everyone who merches stuff has to be patient as the price raises before they sell it. No one is going to buy an item to merch for 1mil wait a day then sell it for the same price they paid for it the next day. They are going to pay 1mil for that item wait until it raises and sell it for more than what they paid for. Tbh we can sell our items for how ever much we choose to, we paid for the item, does not mean other get to control what we do with it. Don't like our prices buy from some one else, simple. We don't/can't control what people do. Ha, people trying to blame us and say we manipulated Ollerus Kershal Balloon BB hooks but the truth is... me and agg don't own 3/4 of the items. We have balloons but we don't control the price of them, we control what we sell them for. Oh, if what we do (merch) is against ToS then every one who has bought and sold an item to make profit has broke ToS.

mod
12-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Ah you know, it would be lovely if people stop talking about me and my friend merching red balloons. Just because we have some balloons doesn't mean we are manipulating stuff. All we are doing is buying a cool item and holding it as the price raises. So just stop, tyvm. Everyone who merches stuff has to be patient as the price raises before they sell it. No one is going to buy an item to merch for 1mil wait a day then sell it for the same price they paid for it the next day. They are going to pay 1mil for that item wait until it raises and sell it for more than what they paid for. Tbh we can sell our items for how ever much we choose to, we paid for the item, does not mean other get to control what we do with it. Don't like our prices buy from some one else, simple. We don't/can't control what people do.

Nobody is against merching, what you did is much different.

Ninjasmurf
12-24-2018, 12:44 AM
Price manipulation has existed since humans started the first market. It is why a well-regulated stock market bans certain forms of price manipulation. It is why the "my rights are greater than yours" type of person wants no regulations at all. It is why players want companies to regulate and why some companies program certain disclosures into their markets.

Do u understand that we’re talking about vanities here??!! Why can no one understand that vanities don’t affect the game and therefore the price of them doesn’t matter because you don’t need them??!

If we were talking about something like a pet, sns for example when it cost 120mil then yes I understand why ppl would be upset because they can never obtain it and would have a huge disadvantage in pvp. However balloons/arlors/any vanity has absolutely no affect in gameplay. Understand now??!

Zynzyn
12-24-2018, 01:08 AM
balloons/arlors/any vanity has absolutely no affect in gameplay. Understand now??!

Agreed vanities do not directly affect game-play.

The average player who farms with gold-loot, cannot match the 999m of the hoardercumpricemanipulator.

The huge gold that hoarders manage to acquire from FAKING a price as stated in the OP, is often used to hoard the newest equipment and pets and awakening gems, etc as is obvious in merchant posts/guide-threads. Or sold for real dollars. This is what affects the health of the game, and changes game-play.

Disproof
12-24-2018, 02:39 AM

Yes i can agree with Ninjasmurf because every player paying in price he wants.Also if some1 will sell lepre banner 50k it doesnt mean it worth 50k also demands is other thing that changes price of some item

Alwarez
12-24-2018, 04:06 AM
I remember how there was a fixed price in every trade section tread before gold loot happened

Disproof
12-24-2018, 04:07 AM
I remember how there was a fixed price in every trade section tread before gold loot happened

Yes also gold loot effects the economy of the game

PostNoob
12-24-2018, 04:21 AM
People still manipulate prices lol. To say it doesnt happen, and back that up with "well they pay what they want, no one forces them too" or comments like that, doesn't make it right.

Sure, you can try and blame the buyer for wanting an item, but when there is deliberate involvement from some1 to make an item appear more costly, or limit the availability to the public through massive amounts of gold, thats manipulation lol. Manipulation may be too strong of a word for some to agree with, but it holds true.

Its a fine line between a mercher and a manipulator. Although they go hand in hand and feed of each other.

shadowronn
12-24-2018, 04:26 AM
I thought about this and a question came to mind, Is there a difference between waiting for prices to rise and making prices rise deliberately for ones own advantage?
Answer to this would help clear a lot of confusion over what people actually are.

Just figured the answer myself, A person who buys something and then waits for its price to rise can be termed merchant (cringey term to use) or whatever.

Whereas someone who buys large quantities of something and then puts up some fake *** threads which the dude who made this thread already mentioned, then thats a market manipulator.

Froze.Exe
12-24-2018, 04:54 AM
Well sts is not dumb...they know who are legit manipulator..historicaly there were alot of mechant who was banned
And they always says that they didnt break the tos,..yes they were innocent....but sometimes if a mercher/manipulator is at their prime sts always know what to do..so goodluck too you😜..you know who u are..you wont stop untel its to late

PsychoNuke
12-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Its time STS enforce some of the old Rules.
1) No Nekro Posting. - Warning, followed by temp ban and perma ban.
2) 1 Bump per 24 Hrs. - Warning, followed by temp ban and perma ban.
3) No multiple forum accounts. - Ban and block the IP.
4) Most importantly Forum Rule 1&2 - Ban and block the IP.

I think devs gave leeway for a long time now and clearly majority of the members on this forums are not worth it.
Also, re-release all the rares, the players in this game need some tough lessons - for starters this is not Merch Legends.

Gufugufutwo
12-25-2018, 10:35 PM

I think devs gave leeway for a long time now and clearly majority of the members on this forums are not worth it.
Also, re-release all the rares, the players in this game need some tough lessons - for starters this is not Merch Legends.

Im sorry for sounding stupid, but what is nekro posting lol

shadowronn
12-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Im sorry for sounding stupid, but what is nekro posting lol
Let another stupid person answer this, so basically I think the right word is necro, and it means posting on thread that is long dead, such as a person who was selling balloon banner 4 weeks ago for a cheap 40M but now the banner is 50 so then your comment is just bringing a dead thread to the top.

Earlingstad
12-31-2018, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the opinions. This thread was just a heads up and I already see people getting alert. Super nice.

Java
01-02-2019, 02:31 PM
You can only sell an item for what someone is willing to pay for it. If they overprice the item, people won't buy it. If they corner the market on a certain sought after rare item, they can set whatever price they want..it's called supply and demand. Doesn't mean it's a fair price, but rather it's a perceived value.

If the item is truly scarce, buyers are faced with conducting their own cost-benefit analysis....since the item is in high demand but low supply...it will likely be expensive.

I can not see how scarcity pricing is wrong as eventually the demand will go down if prices are too high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

✅Exile✅
02-07-2021, 11:47 PM
Nobody is against merching, what you did is much different.

how so?
all he did was merch a item that looks cool and hoard a few while waiting for price to increase, this is what ive done MANY TIMES.
ive done it with red arlor sets and lucky jack vanity sets. its the same thing....

✅Exile✅
02-07-2021, 11:49 PM

one question i have is why do u care?
for example ur retired from A.L
x,D? confusion
explain further :?

Motherless_Child
02-08-2021, 12:02 AM
The following points may not always be true but it is a general observation of traders threads (not all but some of them). I assume this to be true in most cases if not all. People need to purchase carefully, ask for screenshots of Current Offers and not fall for con-artists. Disagreement is accepted.

1. Mostly newer accounts will create the thread. (Member, Junior Member, New member types).

2. Their threads get offered a high price by alts/friends that have the above forum status.

4. The thread closes very fast with the mention of the word SOLD in a new post (to show that the item sold quick at a high price). They could just edit the thread and type sold but no they have to bump it with a new post just to say sold so it is seen by the public.

5. Typing sold a few hours after creation of the thread just makes the public think that it is a highly desirable in demand item.

6. The new post that was created only to mention sold also states the price it is sold at. Like its very important for us to know at what price he sold the item. After it got sold, why would the seller care to state the price unless asked? Most of us even forget to update our threads as sold and here we have sly-seller feeling it necessary to mention the price..hmm..fishy. Suppose his imaginary c.o. is 48m, he will mention SOLD price as 53m to establish the current price as 53m-ish.

7. Now we the general public think that if we pay 50m for this item, we got it at a discount and we pay...and this goes on and on.

The problem is stupid buyers.....

See a price that doesn't make sense??? The simple solution is to not buy and wait for a better deal..... Why complain about something that you haven't bought????

If you DID buy, whose fault is that?????

1+ 1 = 2... The sum will never be different..... If someone lists a cracked nature jewel for 10 mil, don't complain about it.... Simply utilize 1 + 1 =2 thinking and skip that buy.....

Why in the world would you want a regulated auction????

Auction = I want "this" and if you want it you pay "this"(what I am asking).... No one forces you to be a glutton of your own punishment..... Stop complaining about this and use your brains.... 1+1=2......

Encryptions
02-08-2021, 12:06 AM
This thread from 2018.....

✅Exile✅
02-08-2021, 12:48 AM
Stfu no one cares. Go manipulate more balloons you trash bin warrior. Bitchh

how is ur post allowed on forums? almost all ur replies on posts are very rude like ur last comment.
why dont u stop hating on encryptions and grow tf up?
like yall always complain about OOOOH encryptions manipulated balloon prices ooooh, grow tf up its a game and its called merching and being smart with ur purchases. prices get manipulated by MANY PLAYERS DAILY for items and ur complaining about one item out of like 5,000 items in the game? like lmao

looiaqop
02-08-2021, 01:36 AM
Its been hours and not any action take from devs, kinda pathetic not even 1 dev checks forum every hour or so

Archugejackmen
02-08-2021, 01:48 AM
Its been hours and not any action take from devs, kinda pathetic not even 1 dev checks forum every hour or so

you seriously think that with everything going on on the forums, the devs have any motivation to get on? it gets tiresome and taxing after some time

Saint Jaffo
02-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Stfu no one cares. Go manipulate more balloons you trash bin warrior. Bitchh

@Cinco seems this guy wants something

dualray
02-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Take one well known set for example, skyborne set, lolol, i will never buy this set for even 5m for the entire set.
The fact that known hoarder behind itbjust make me sick looking at them.

No thank you, same goes all other known vanities, cottonkill for another example, lolol.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Naaabmage
02-08-2021, 03:19 PM
Why are u guys whining and ranting on a post made over 2 years ago?? Man pretty sad...make new post start ranting there lol

Lookupnabs
02-08-2021, 03:24 PM

Fyi
After playing this game for so long if u have acrosss this now only .... i suggest u better buy awak gems and quit the game as there is no point in merching ....
-fellow arlorian