PDA

View Full Version : Rushers

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey guys and gals, today i wanna talk about rushers. Everybody hates them right? Wrong, I love rushers because when they try to rush me I own them. And if they kill me while I'm busy then I get up and slaughter them. Fact is rushers are noobs, even those who have good kdr's. If they have to jump you to get kills then it shows they have no skills. So heres how to deal with rushers. First if you see a potential rusher put your auto lock on them and be prepared to buff. If its a warbird then just buff and kite til they die. If its a dex or str bear try to over power and get combos out quicker, also try avoiding thier beckon and stomp combo. If it is a mage try to kill before they mana shield and drain. I deleted plmagegirl to make a lv 20 twink to show you how to do it, named omggirl. She is still lv 1 atm but soon she will be ready for action. And if you see gomgurl say hi. :banana:PS, I'm not saying that This will work everytime you get rushed but it does help.

ninjaduck
11-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Nice little guide you got there! :D

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
ty im trying to make pvp easier for everyone

ninjaduck
11-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Thats a good notion.

+1 ninja point

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:41 PM
thats a good notion.

+1 ninja point
oh yeah!

Zeus
11-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Thought this was going to be yet another thread that was going to complain about rushers and put names on the wall to be slaughtered by the mass public. I have to say, I am surprised.

Thanks for being one of the first to deal with the way to solve the problem and take initiative, not merely lament on the problem.

Now, just to help. I suggest you go more into detail on how to deal with rushers if you truly want to solve the problem. What I mean by this is: elaborate more on skills, when to use them, and how. Not only that, but also elaborate on the various type of enemies you will face in PvP and at what level ranges- how to approach them and whatnot. If you need help with this, feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
ah thank you apollo for pointing out how to go into more detail and i will revise my thread. And also I made this to tell people that you shouldn't hate the rushers, because you never know if they are just new to the game.

Fao
11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Nicely done! But my problem in pvp is rushers when they attack u right when u respawn so u h e no time to use buffs or attack! :(

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM
ok in that situation what you wanna do is make sure that you use a rebelling skill such as stomp or firestorm or use vine wall or freeze to get away from them and run and try to get back health and then buff and kite.

Elyseon
11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice, I like to do the same, one key is avoid games that higher scaled guys can join, like a 55 warbird usually can't ward off 60s and 61s sometimes, especially when they team u

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Btw guys if this helped you plz hit thumbs up and check out my other thread called mage pvp and lv 30 bear pvp

razurblade
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Nice, I like to do the same, one key is avoid games that higher scaled guys can join, like a 55 warbird usually can't ward off 60s and 61s sometimes, especially when they team u Very true and I'm not saying that you will always survive a rush but my guide just helps you with the basics.

:-D
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
gom i rush u and im not a noob(: plus i nvr die(:

razurblade
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
gom i rush u and im not a noob(: plus i nvr die(: lv 35 voodoo duh lol shelby get off my thread.

Piosidon
11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
IMO rushers are just good for some extra kills

razurblade
11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
IMO rushers are just good for some extra killsyeah your right thats why i love them.

razurblade
11-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Pkbabana what banana in you name mean does it mean you like banana size or you got one your a very disrespectful person

:-D
11-27-2011, 07:13 PM
nice kdr gomgurl:P

blox
11-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey guys and gals, today i wanna talk about rushers. Everybody hates them right? Wrong, I love rushers because when they try to rush me I own them. And if they kill me while I'm busy then I get up and slaughter them. Fact is rushers are noobs, even those who have good kdr's. If they have to jump you to get kills then it shows they have no skills. So heres how to deal with rushers. First if you see a potential rusher put your auto lock on them and be prepared to buff. If its a warbird then just buff and kite til they die. If its a dex or str bear try to over power and get combos out quicker, also try avoiding thier beckon and stomp combo. If it is a mage try to kill before they mana shield and drain. I deleted plmagegirl to make a lv 20 twink to show you how to do it, named omggirl. She is still lv 1 atm but soon she will be ready for action. And if you see gomgurl say hi. :banana:

3029 I was in a pvp match with u and u said u were gomkun -_- and when u got rushed u did nothing but say wtf? Lol

Kaarataka
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Btw guys if this helped you plz hit thumbs up and check out my other thread called mage pvp and lv 30 bear pvp

Rushing isn't against any rules and asking for thumbs up/cred is lame imo.

Cytokinesis
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
did u know RushOrGtfo is a rusher?!?!?!? xD

PL Playa
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Yes I do know he is!

plmafiaboss
11-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Thought this was gunna b another flaming thread xD was rdy to say in before lock lol. Helpful post tho

Cytokinesis
11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes I do know he is!
i even made a QuickChat: /boot rushorgtfo .

jk

razurblade
11-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I was in a pvp match with u and u said u were gomkun -_- and when u got rushed u did nothing but say wtf? Lolbecause that was before i made this and btw you asked me if i was gomkun and i never actually answered so fail......

razurblade
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
t(-_-)

razurblade
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Rushing isn't against any rules and asking for thumbs up/cred is lame imo. not once did i say it was against the rules and i was keeping a positive atitude with the rushing stuff because to me if someone rushes you and you attack back then you just rushed also.... lol confusing.

MightyMicah
11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I like it! New and cool.

razurblade
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
I like it! New and cool.ty and i like your thread too.

Zerious
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM

Rushing isn't against any rules and asking for thumbs up/cred is lame imo.[/QUOTE]

Rushing is like making comments that aren't constructive at all, like yours: not against rules, just annoying.

XghostzX
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for this! I thought this was another person complaining about rushers and directly pointing out people... but you can't judge a book by its cover. Good attitude!

Kaarataka
11-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Rushing is like making comments that aren't constructive at all, like yours: not against rules, just annoying.

You see, I find rushers fun, entertaining, and a fresh change of pace. When they jump into a game all hell breaks loose and my blood starts pumping. That's fun. Normally I see a bunch of people, myself included, sitting around forest fight talking...it's a pvp map not a social club! I believe if you try to police the rushers you will just get a larger backlash. It's unlikely you will get them to go away and it would be a sad day in Alterra if they were gone. Those who rush are typically noobs and if you can't handle noobs you need to be rushed more to work on your skillz. That's as constructive as I can get on the subject.

Cheers

Jewelsofjane
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Shocking how many people actually say this when it is in his name lol. hmmm....

What else I find funny is when people join a game and claim someone was rushed when it is FFA or CTF lmao... or better yet say "ffa?" in ctf ....

Definition of rushing is all in each players opinion i guess. Idk about others, but I know alot of people who "rush" and it is so that the pvp game will turn up a notch in intensity and difficulty. lol usually once someone is rushed, then they actually come back to fight which is what some of us want.

Personally, and I can speak for my husband Rushorgtfo as well, we both like fast paced, hard games. We like a challenge, especially challenge those better than us, even if it means getting owned. Not only is it still fun but if you never challenge yourself then you never learn to get better.

If you think every rusher rushes for pvp stats then you are very wrong.

Learn how to pvp a buffed player while unbuffed.....tell me if it makes you a stronger player.

razurblade
11-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for this! I thought this was another person complaining about rushers and directly pointing out people... but you can't judge a book by its cover. Good attitude! haha very true and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I never thought my thread would get so many views and comments.:)

razurblade
11-28-2011, 04:47 PM

What else I find funny is when people join a game and claim someone was rushed when it is FFA or CTF lmao... or better yet say "ffa?" in ctf ....

Definition of rushing is all in each players opinion i guess. Idk about others, but I know alot of people who "rush" and it is so that the pvp game will turn up a notch in intensity and difficulty. lol usually once someone is rushed, then they actually come back to fight which is what some of us want.

Personally, and I can speak for my husband Rushorgtfo as well, we both like fast paced, hard games. We like a challenge, especially challenge those better than us, even if it means getting owned. Not only is it still fun but if you never challenge yourself then you never learn to get better.

If you think every rusher rushes for pvp stats then you are very wrong.

Learn how to pvp a buffed player while unbuffed.....tell me if it makes you a stronger player. very good info and point of view there and I totally agree and thats why i dont say bad things about rushers.

razurblade
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
if this was helpful then i have a few other threads and here is one that will help people who wanna lv 30 twink dex bear:)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?43805-pros-and-cons-of-lv-30-dex-bear-and-how-to-use-it

Cytokinesis
11-28-2011, 07:19 PM

was sarcasm, hence the "xD"

Jewelsofjane
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
was sarcasm, hence the "xD"
I know. I wasnt directing at you, I'm saying that people actually say this ingame and are serious lol.

AbsolutePally
12-02-2011, 06:54 AM
When did rushing become rushing? Back in the day it was called pvping... Lol.
Rushing is now a crime punishable by death. Kind of like being stoned to death by everyone.
just play, you might have fun!

The only thing that is really not cool is if you see two people 1/1 or playing I best bird aka non stop 1/1
Is
Interrupting!!

Ill play 2/1 ill play ffa non stop 1/1. It makes you better, trust me.

Another thing is when someone is standing around in a prime pvp location in arena map. They can get you killed if you wrong target them and get killed or get you killed via double blast. When they die they say wtf and want a free kill.... How bout move ! Ha.

Gaunab
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Agree with you DTF!

There are two types of rushers IMO:

One group is the "immature noob" (or might be a new player), who eg starts rushing you when he can't beat you 1on1. Or joins a game with lower level players, and starts to farm kills from them. Or joins a game, kills some persons and than instantly leaves...
These players are annoying, and killing them if you are not totally unprepared is not a great challenge. No fun.

But there is a whole other group of rushers:

I think most PvPers will be familiar with the mighty name "Koreancake".
When he joined and started his assassinations, most people got upset, screamed at him, or booted instantly.
But I'm sure I was not the only one, who actually got actuallyexcited when he saw the message "koreancake has joined the game". I was getting ready for some action. It took this whole lazy, chatting or 1v1ing arena to a new level of fast-paced FFA-ish game.

This is an example of a rusher that I actually like in the arena. And I'm sure he was not the only one out there, who did this.
Some of the "Rushers" don't rush because they are noobs and can't win a fair match. Also not to boost their K/d ratio. But they do it because it's the only way to have a faced-paced game, and an actual strategic challenge!

I stil think this is not a very good way to have a fun game, because for some, and especially new players, it is very annoying and might discourage them. But I respect those players.

AbsolutePally
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Ha G
You know KoreanCake is back!!! Ive had so much fun as he is the most entertaining individual that has ever playd PL.
We have I best bird arguements lol.

Gaunab
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Really? :D Looking even more forward to my comeback! :P This guy is hilarious!

2 weeks to go... :snowman: