PDA

View Full Version : Ebon daggers

Yeh
12-24-2018, 09:43 PM
I was just in the hauntlet, using the new arcane daggers and in the 2nd room my weapon proc immediately and then as soon as a meteor dropped I was instantly killed. It wasn’t due to lag. It was like those insta deaths I’m sure we have all gotten in mausoleum for no apparent reason. Anyways I didn’t try to replicate it because I’m trying to keep my kdr best I can. But I think it should be checked on.

EDIT: also in pvp, in festerfang outpost I tested many times with warriors and when the daggers proc, whoever hits me instantly dies

Yeh
12-24-2018, 09:54 PM
I let my friend use them and the same thing happened to her after like 3 runs

Fearrr
12-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Ya its killing Warriors with Jugg on in pvp from what I can see. I haven't been hit yet by them, but seen 2 Vids and did a 3 v 3 clash today. Proc 1 shotted a Warrior (Pretty sure he has good stats to) with Jugg on. Devs please look into this and fix ASAP. TY.

Futumsh
12-25-2018, 02:21 PM
So sounds like 2 probably unrelated things going on here:

* Somehow person with daggers getting killed by meteors in hauntlet after proc?
* Damage reflection is amplifying damage 25x instead of doing 25% damage, so people hitting the person with the daggers die instantly.

Futumsh
12-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Hotfix for damage reflection going out now. The hauntlet meteors will still be doing 25% extra damage while the proc buff is up until I get around to them after the holidays, but that shouldn't instakill you at least.

Yeh
12-25-2018, 03:23 PM
It actually seems like it’s the pools not the meteors themselves . And it doesn’t do it every time. Whatever it is, it does insta kill me

Fearrr
12-25-2018, 04:09 PM
@ Futumsh I'm a little confused right now. I thought the Daggers are supposed to be a AOE/ DOT not a Reflect Proc? So I tested my Aegis and well I understand orginally the Reflect should of not been that high off the back but now... Can you please take a look at adding more Reflect Back to Aegis. TY. Sorry Yeh don't mean to high jack your thread with this post lol.

Redneckmagic
12-25-2018, 04:38 PM
yes now rhe new ebon aegis does no reflect damage,i tested in four different maps and in duel with a very op rogue,reflect did zero damage,i mean zero,not here to list a myriad of complaints, just asking devs to take a look at it,was a good weapon,now if they will not fix,i will just go back to Spirit blade or nightmare aegis

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Terrorshock1
12-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Hotfix for damage reflection going out now. The hauntlet meteors will still be doing 25% extra damage while the proc buff is up until I get around to them after the holidays, but that shouldn't instakill you at least.Do you guys even test these procs in pvp? People lose tons of gold because of these mistakes (i didn't lose any gold.. i havent even bought one myself im speaking for the people that bought it cause it was op) first the arc weps did insane dmg now its completely useless the previous arc weps are better this causes the prices to drop because why would u buy the new arc shield? if the previous arcane wep is more useful in pvp
pls devs double check the weps in pvp and pve before releasing takes like 2 mins to test...

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Futumsh
12-25-2018, 07:50 PM
@ Futumsh I'm a little confused right now. I thought the Daggers are supposed to be a AOE/ DOT not a Reflect Proc? So I tested my Aegis and well I understand orginally the Reflect should of not been that high off the back but now... Can you please take a look at adding more Reflect Back to Aegis. TY. Sorry Yeh don't mean to high jack your thread with this post lol.

I'm sure design will be looking at balance of the arcane weapons in time. I only fixed the bug that the damage reflect stat was not being scaled correctly.

Fearrr
12-25-2018, 07:59 PM
I'm sure design will be looking at balance of the arcane weapons in time. I only fixed the bug that the damage reflect stat was not being scaled correctly.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Well I hope that happens soon because atm Arc Aegis Lvl 71 is useless in pvp. I payed 60m and now will have to buy another wep if I want to pvp again. Not sure how I really feel about that tbh lol but I hope you guys get everything figured out with Aegis ASAP.

Fearrr
12-25-2018, 10:31 PM
Thanks for 2nd Hotfix once again I appreciate it. It's reflecting again now. Reflect Damage could be buffed a bit more but now it's useable v.s previous Dagger Hotfix.

Fearrr
12-26-2018, 11:50 AM
@Futumsh Question? When you or the design team get a chance can you guys test and compare the overall Proc Damage when they Proc, Ebon Aegis v.s NM Aegis? And Proc Rate of both Aegis? Would like to know what you guys think? TY.

Terrorshock1
12-26-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm sure design will be looking at balance of the arcane weapons in time. I only fixed the bug that the damage reflect stat was not being scaled correctly.The reflect dmg is still too low id say make it 40% dmg or more the proc rate is rare and the shield last 3 secs balance the wep more

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Redneckmagic
12-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Yes proc rate and damage is way to low,the damage nm aegis,and aegis does is way more than this the new ebon aegis,devs will u please bump up damage reflect a bit more,also maybe a 5 second proc,pls guys this is a good weapon ,the idea of the proc is good,you devs did a good job making it,just buff damage reflect pls

will0
12-26-2018, 05:33 PM
arcane gun damage is weak too... please take look..... all. ebon weapon are having weak process..

Perceval
12-27-2018, 08:09 AM
arcane gun damage is weak too... please take look..... all. ebon weapon are having weak process..

The only weak proc is their drop rate from crates.

Spell
01-01-2019, 07:17 PM
all the new weps minus the daggers need to be balanced ... the procs are very weak.

will0
01-07-2019, 08:03 PM
are the developers back to work and checking the process?

Cinco
01-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Yes proc rate and damage is way to low,the damage nm aegis,and aegis does is way more than this the new ebon aegis,devs will u please bump up damage reflect a bit more,also maybe a 5 second proc,pls guys this is a good weapon ,the idea of the proc is good,you devs did a good job making it,just buff damage reflect pls

Are there specific items that you're comparing the damage? Please let me know. I'll be happy to check.

Too low versus expectations is a different story. I've stated elsewhere that the Arcane items were not intended to eliminate the usefulness of the Spirit gear :-)

Cinco
01-09-2019, 02:36 PM
all the new weps minus the daggers need to be balanced ... the procs are very weak.

Consider the Daggers done.

What procs are better than the ones that the Ebon provide? I'll do a comparison and revise the new stuff accordingly. Thanks!

Fearrr
01-09-2019, 02:47 PM

What procs are better than the ones that the Ebon provide? I'll do a comparison and revise the new stuff accordingly. Thanks!

Are there specific items that you're comparing the damage? Please let me know. I'll be happy to check.

Too low versus expectations is a different story. I've stated elsewhere that the Arcane items were not intended to eliminate the usefulness of the Spirit gear :-)
Well that's good to hear cause I just bought a Spirit Aegis lol.

Spell
01-09-2019, 05:00 PM

Tainted buff proc is what i use now and i personally find it much better due to the super damage and super crit pickups.reason being,mages lack crit and dmg.

Balanced guns dark proc was deff one of the best procs given to mages due to the seeking dmg basically being like an extra lightning bolt.(and it looked epic af xD) it also helped because even when the auto attack was dodged,which 90% of mage and warrior autos r dodged by a certain class,the seeking lightning bolt still went off and damaged them.therefore it “balanced” out hehe xp

And my favorite all time best proc IMO was elondrian gnarled riffles proc!the stacking armor helped mages survive tons and the -50% armor/root/-dodge helped mages not be just support manacows.

These are the procs that really stood out to me and imo helped mages more than anything else!

(these are for gun procs)

Also one more thing-i don’t understand why the new ebon staff relies on taking dmg to proc when mages usually try to avoid getting attack.it should be the opposite imo.

Okie im done hehe. Ty for reply =]

will0
01-09-2019, 05:53 PM
For Ebon staff since mages uses "freeze" skills in PVE how does mobs reflect the damage if they are freeze i am referring to the numerous number of mobs freezes with Ice bolt or Clock, this make the reflect skill useless i.e maps like swamp and maus.

Continental
01-11-2019, 03:15 AM
Are going to get more levels for spirit weapons??

Nocturnus
01-11-2019, 04:12 AM
I have been testing the aegis ebon and I do not find problem with the damage .. if I find it slow to produce the proc and it lasts very little .. this I tried it in a big pull in mausoleum and it took to appear ... in boss it is almost not seen, Not to mention in 1 vs 1 of pvp