Helpless
12-26-2018, 12:31 AM
You wanna share some luck with the rest of us

Azerothraven
12-26-2018, 01:10 AM
please give me gold me poor nab :(

Thewolfbull
12-26-2018, 02:40 AM
Why open on low level and dif characters?

Azerothraven
12-26-2018, 03:09 AM

It is a superstition but some people believe ur chances are increased when you make a new char who never opened locked before and low level

Zynzyn
12-26-2018, 03:30 AM
It was fun to watch! Thanks for sharing.

VenomSet
12-26-2018, 03:59 AM
Can you tell us the total amount of mentionable items u got for 8500

Darkrai
12-26-2018, 04:47 AM
It is a superstition but some people believe ur chances are increased when you make a new char who never opened locked before and low level

Low level toons dont give u epic gear drops from locks

Yeh
12-26-2018, 05:04 AM
...... so the chances are increased exponentially.. wish I knew this before -.-

Thewolfbull
12-26-2018, 05:05 AM

Why is that even a thing lol

Yeh
12-26-2018, 05:09 AM
Why is that even a thing lol
Idk but it pisses me off even more learning about that.. I think I need a break for a while

Idly
12-26-2018, 05:40 AM
Contents of crates should not differ depending on character level, Devs need to fix this and possibly compensate players...but gz on the loot, and nice to see a player getting some good stuff this event (I have a feeling drop rates were nerfed to death during plat sale)

Instanthumor
12-26-2018, 06:25 AM
...... so the chances are increased exponentially.. wish I knew this before -.-

I wouldn't say that your chances of looting an arcane item have increased. To my knowledge, there is already a set probability of looting items in each rarity (heroic/arcane, mythic/set). After the roll of what rarity your looted item will be, another roll takes place deciding what item of that rarity you receive. So if what Darkrai had said is true, you would be looting more of other epic rarity items, since there is a smaller pool of items in that category. Another reason why people open locks on lower leveled characters is to sell the decent legendary gear at a higher price. The majority of people will be opening at 71, so 71 crate gear will be plentiful and thus cheaper.

Twomucho
12-26-2018, 06:29 AM
Obviously we all don’t have the same chances

Darkrai
12-26-2018, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't say that your chances of looting an arcane item have increased. To my knowledge, there is already a set probability of looting items in each rarity (heroic/arcane, mythic/set). After the roll of what rarity your looted item will be, another roll takes place deciding what item of that rarity you receive. So if what Darkrai had said is true, you would be looting more of other epic rarity items, since there is a smaller pool of items in that category. Another reason why people open locks on lower leveled characters is to sell the decent legendary gear at a higher price. The majority of people will be opening at 71, so 71 crate gear will be plentiful and thus cheaper.

I tested it and i saw way more legendary drops, elixers etc. Still it is sneaky to give level 71 characters epic gear drops while low level toons don't have any epic gear drops

Idly
12-26-2018, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't say that your chances of looting an arcane item have increased. To my knowledge, there is already a set probability of looting items in each rarity (heroic/arcane, mythic/set). After the roll of what rarity your looted item will be, another roll takes place deciding what item of that rarity you receive

That's correct assuming all tiers of loot table are categorised by rarity, has this been confirmed?

Then there is the obvious question, have the epic drops been replaced or omitted for low level characters? If they have been removed without other "junks" added then this would, I assume, increase the likelihood of receiving better loot overall.

Definitely one for Devs to cover up... I mean take a look at.

Twomucho
12-26-2018, 06:59 AM
You take epic out of the roll table and your chances would be better. I need to leave these topics alone before I get banned from the forums and rage quit game.....is disgusting what I spent to not see a weapon, I don’t care what rng, lbnjshstrbsisb, hagafwuej, number slot machine lottery producer pick a rubber ducky from the tub chance there is , i got shafted and that makes my distaste for the way they are running this game a lot more sour in my mouth and I’m getting ready to spit it out. I’m a customer, there is no reason I shouldn’t loot a pixel if I pay !

Blazerland
12-26-2018, 07:01 AM
Depression.....after watching the video :watermelon:

Jk..congrats on yar loot!

Azerothraven
12-26-2018, 07:15 AM
The Chances are not increased. They never have been. Sts is very careful when deal with crates; Ask Sir Scamalot if you dont believe me.

Here is how I think it works.
Edit: Just a guess but Imagine the process to be a bit more complicated than that.

Twomucho
12-26-2018, 07:24 AM
Coming from anyone but a sts employee your pie charts are useless for mending these fences

Instanthumor
12-26-2018, 07:41 AM
That's correct assuming all tiers of loot table are categorised by rarity, has this been confirmed?

I recall it has been confirmed quite a few years ago. I do not know how else this information would have been engraved in my head lol

The Chances are not increased. They never have been. Sts is very careful when deal with crates; Ask Sir Scamalot if you dont believe me.

I don't think that's how it works.

ThreadPolice
12-26-2018, 05:17 PM

If you use your common sense then you should understand that low level toons are used to platfarm.. looll.. and that’s why they open at low level toons.. so they delete the toon after and start all over again.. instead of using their own main.

ThreadPolice
12-26-2018, 05:26 PM

Mostlikely platfarm. I remember people used to/ use low level chars to platfarm.. and since his plat isn’t perfectly the same as the ones in store.. there is a high chance that this person platfarmed.. 99% sure .-.

Scary
12-27-2018, 04:29 AM
This has gone way out of hand

@threadpolice just stahp!'

Reason for opening on low level is because when you loot "arcane" or "mythic" for the first time you hear and see the APs being triggered "RED LETTER DAY" and "Orange With Envy"
When those are triggered for the first time you can see on the side "weapon" "helm" "armor" "belt" "ring" "amulet" "artifact" "chest" gets +1

For example
You get +1 on belt but you dont trigger the "mythic" or "arcane" means you got "set" (avarice, desire, greed)
You get +1 on "weapon" and trigger "arcane Aps thats arcane weapon

Another example is if you trying to loot "Avarice Belt" which is a set item
You look in "belt" and you get +1 after opening crates
But you dont trigger "mythic" or arcane" that means you have a 1 in 3 chance of an avarice belt (avarice, greed, desire) because you know its a set item you looted not arcane or mythic since it didnt trigger the APs

PsychoNuke
12-27-2018, 12:49 PM

Edit: Just a guess but Imagine the process to be a bit more complicated than that.

RNG number is assigned to every item not to category/rarity, so the percentage should be on number of items.
Then put it in probability formula: Number of favorable outcomes ÷ Total number of possible outcomes.

But then there is another variable i.e., the chance of rolling a high number (similar to your example, for jumping rarity), which also increases if there are less items on the lower side.