PDA

View Full Version : Is this game fully explorable without cash?

jaejunkwak
11-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey guys

I haven't downloaded the app yet but I wanted to ask the community if you need to pay cash to fully explore the content/ be as strong as everyone else?

I plan to pvp quite actively (as I do with every game I play) but some of the iPhone RPG's I have tried have cash payers basically completely dominate those who did not pay cash (if you pay cash, you take 1 dmg while dishing out gazillion dmg, etc.)

Any of that stuff here? I remember in Destinia each gear could be taken to +20, but realistically, you could only get up to about +8 without cash.

Thanks in advance.

Tvis
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
No cash required. You have the option to purchase any extra items or eixers as you want, but you can get all the content and the best items without paying a cent.

Onaraasider
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
cash players(in our case platinum users) have somewhat of an advantage, except not many people buy gold with platinum(800plat=50 dollars, 700plat= 250k in gold, an earthquake hammer=250k(can be gotten as a drop). all the items that are strong cost alot of money(gold), you can eafrn gold easily by commiting yourself to "farming", as you get to higher lvls you will experience items worth more gold such as samguine set=million dollars or more. many plaat users use their plat to buy elxirs, some elixirs give extra luck, and they get better drops, the drops are worth alot and they sell to get good dmg weapons,also a non plat user can have an advantage too,non plat users can find good guides(many located on this forum)they then start to farm pinks(legendary weapons) and know how to fight in pvp really well, so in my opinion both non plat users and plat users have an advantage on the other.
if you need anymore help ask any AOA member like myself, aoa stands for Ambassadors of alterra and we help out new players such as urself. BTW to add me in game go to the shield in left corner of your screen tap social tab at the top of screen(located on the fourth button down.

Sorcererssoul
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
If you are going for endgame pvp then you could be at a disadvantage against players with the elite lvl vanity bonus (crown of persistence+shield of hallows+mount fang armor)

mugen
11-27-2011, 06:07 PM
No cash required. You have the option to purchase any extra items or eixers as you want, but you can get all the content and the best items without paying a cent.

This is what makes this game so great!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Matutd
11-27-2011, 06:29 PM
If you are going for endgame pvp then you could be at a disadvantage against players with the elite lvl vanity bonus (crown of persistence+shield of hallows+mount fang armor)
But those items weren't attained by paying with real money. Of course it could have helped, but it was from reaching a certain lvl and not buying from platinum store

Fao
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
You have to get platinum to buy pvp, but platinum costs money so u actually do have to pay for that part, and almost all the replies r right, u don't have a big disadvantage against plat users but it is better to get plat bcuz it enhances your gameplay! Hope u enjoy the STS forums and have fun in the game!:D

Lowlyspy
11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Well technically you can get all the main spine content for free, if you want to access side campaigns such as Frozen Nightmares, Skeller Crunch Returns, Croc Feud, and Shadow Caves have to be bought with plat. However you dont need plat in order to get the items that drop there.

Onaraasider
11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
You have to get platinum to buy pvp, but platinum costs money so u actually do have to pay for that part, and almost all the replies r right, u don't have a big disadvantage against plat users but it is better to get plat bcuz it enhances your gameplay! Hope u enjoy the STS forums and have fun in the game!:D
ERROR: you have to pay for Capture the Flag,3v3,5v5, but all other pvp is free, u just get less pvp maps.

jaejunkwak
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM
i guess i'll give the game a try!

Piosidon
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Also almost no one actually uses the extra pvp maps.

Sorcererssoul
11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
But those items weren't attained by paying with real money. Of course it could have helped, but it was from reaching a certain lvl and not buying from platinum store
I agree that it doesn't have anything to do with paying as the OP says, but he asks if pvp is doable, and by not having that bonus he already has an disadvantage in pvp.

Onaraasider
11-27-2011, 07:03 PM
i guess i'll give the game a try!add some of us aoa members for help!
The aoa members

Apollo

Artemis

Arthanos

Barrington

Blahggart

Bunnyshoota

Cascade

Conradin

CrimsonTider

Cytokinesis

Darkfader

DanielRH

Elyseon

Grankledude

KTpantyhose

LowlySpy

Maneatingtree

Necroreaper

Nick41324

Onaraasider

PhoenixKing

RBeltran

Redbridge

RedRyder

Sassinya

Siejo

seller

Spekticle

Survivorfan

topskillz

Whirlzap

WoundedEagle

Yvonnel

zappaxe

Zeus
11-27-2011, 07:14 PM
If what you're asking is will platinum payers have an advantage over non-platinum users? The answer is obviously yes, yes they will. HOWEVER, will not paying platinum subject you to lower stats? No!

The only thing that might possibly do that is the Crown of Persistence set, otherwise known as the COP set. This set was achieved by hitting the elite cap at the time, in the order of 56, 61, and now 66. The Elite cap is now 66, so those that have all 3 get a bonus of +5 Dodge, +15 armor, +5 Health, and +1 Crit. Does it provide an advantage in PvP? Yes. Does it make you useless in PvP? No.

I mean, look at the I best Bird tournament. A NON COP set user won the tournament. AND for the most part, whenever you ask respectfully for somebody to take off their set and fight, most are willing to do so. It's a courtesy. If not? Well, then all the more satisfaction to you when you do win against them.

I hope I answered. Also, if you hurry, you might be able to get to 66 before new content when the new Elite cap is released, thus you will have at least a partial bonus provided you obtain the next Elite level as well.

Essentially, the game is free to play with an exception of a few maps. However, there is always an alternative free campaign for that paid campaign and you are not hindered from buying that paid campaign's gear from the CS.

I hope I addressed your issues! :)

Look forward to seeing you around in PL! :)

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
yes you dont need to pay anything to enjoy the game. apart from new content and extras

Tvis
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Well technically you can get all the main spine content for free, if you want to access side campaigns such as Frozen Nightmares, Skeller Crunch Returns, Croc Feud, and Shadow Caves have to be bought with plat. However you dont need plat in order to get the items that drop there.

Artentreri
11-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Honestly you don't even have to buy plat, I've gotten the maps I wanted, Halloween stuff, starter kit, etc with free plat apps.

Whisper72
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
This last is also very relevant. With the 'earn free platinum' feature, you can easily get enough free platinum to buy those few 'must have' items such as holiday maps, and the odd other thing you really, really want to get. Just don't splurge your free platinum, check often to see if there's new apps to download for free plat, and you'll have a goodly stash of plat for absolutely free!