PDA

View Full Version : Which Legendary Pistol is for you?????

krazii
11-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Just curious who uses which legendary on what class character and why? Here's my $0.02

Guttersnipe - no characters, I think others are better for all classes
Nova Blaster - Use on Commando and Engineer, good damage, a slightly higher delay, nice dodge and crit! Mana and Health bonus good.
Electrorazr - Use on Op, highest crit bonus, and a hit bonus, lower damage then Nova, but lower delay also, so higher DPS.

What's your take?

Nightarcher
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Haha... oh Guttersnipe. Possibly only useful if you need defence (few dodge points) and are willing to sacrifice damage output. Personally, my Com would always use a Whistler over it.

ElectroRazer and Nova Blaster are both great guns for any class. However, I would only choose the ElectroRazer over the Nova if your character focuses entirely on crit, like an Op or maybe a Com in plat gear. The damage and dodge of the Nova make it the best all-around weapon, imo. :)

Ardon
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
As an Op, I'd prefer my bladefins and a custom suit. "

Shields aren't a necessity if you're a good op and have a good team with you.
If there were pink dual guns, then I'd be all over them.

krazii
11-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Totally agree, only time I don't use fins is when I'm in an open group and there's inattentive engineer(s). In that case I do use pistol and shield, so a razr.

shreeya
11-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Nova blasters are the best for all classes!! love Nova!!!

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I have a guttersnipe, and I think that is the best legendary pistol

Bakoffmycandy
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I have been TOLD in game more than a few times "That's not the Comm pink..."

I personally like the Elctrorazer on all 3 classes. That's just personal preference. It has the most Base Damage output & the most ctit out of the 3.

I have the dodge & other stats I need on my Comm from my gear. I prefer cutting the targets down one by one like an op would and still having AOE to draw Aggro. Its all in how you prefer to play.

I still use Bladefins over Legendary on Op. Might change that in the next update. If the next zone is as hard as SY was to start off, I may choose Legendary/Shield for the armor.

Hullukko
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Check the stats again. Going from electrorazer (and electro blocker) to the blade fin would give me the following:
+6 dex
+3 hit%
-7 crit !!!
-2 dodge
-36 health
-111 mana
-12 min damage !!!
-11 max damage
+8 dps
-210 armor

Notice the damage range difference and in crits. I have serious doubts that the +8 dps would overcome that. The base damage difference of about 10 affects each and every skill and on top of that 7 crit is a big freaking difference by any standard.

I'd feel safe saying that in average use the electrorazer whoops the blade fin in overall damage output with a hefty margin. The armor of the shield can be seen as an irrelevant bonus.

I agree that pink dual pistols would've been sweet and find it a little disappointing that they made a pink one hander that is actually more yielding than the blade fin, but wishing it ain't so doesn't change it.

Ardon
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Check the stats again. Going from electrorazer (and electro blocker) to the blade fin would give me the following:
+6 dex
+3 hit%
-7 crit !!!
-2 dodge
-36 health
-111 mana
-12 min damage !!!
-11 max damage
+8 dps
-210 armor

Notice the damage range difference and in crits. I have serious doubts that the +8 dps would overcome that. The base damage difference of about 10 affects each and every skill and on top of that 7 crit is a big freaking difference by any standard.

I'd feel safe saying that in average use the electrorazer whoops the blade fin in overall damage output with a hefty margin. The armor of the shield can be seen as an irrelevant bonus.

I agree that pink dual pistols would've been sweet and find it a little disappointing that they made a pink one hander that is actually more yielding than the blade fin, but wishing it ain't so doesn't change it.

Its not the stats that I prefer. I just think that custom/bladefins or reg/bladefins is enough for these weak cultists in the shipyard. I should've stated that before.
IMO the weak enemies don't really call for stronger weapons. Furthermore, I was already 36 before these guns came out. Making these guns even more useless for me.

I said if there were pink duals I'd be all over them. I never wished for it. I just think that pink duals would be better than single handed pinks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JazzBlue
11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I've tested all 3 of them, and just on basic use (how fast enemies die) and nothing else, I prefer the razor for engi.

Bladefin still holds the top slot for my op for the most useful weapon.

Once I get my commando to 35/36, I'll probably prefer the nova for that class.

Poor guttersnipe. gettin no love here. That being said, if all you have is base weapons & no other legendaries to choose from, it's still a good weapon, especially with the bonus from a pink shield. I ran with it for a while with my engi before I got a nova & traded it for the razor.

Bakoffmycandy
11-28-2011, 07:24 PM
I made a suggestion thread about Dual Legendary Pistols shortly after the 3 current Legendary Pistols were released.

Dual Pistols are still pistols imo, & was very disappointed with us true Ops being left out. Had a lot to do with needing a shield for the set bonus. Remember these were the 1rst Legendary Weapons implemented into SL. But still, no real Op wants to wear a shield. We want to dual wield like the class was designed :)

Blind
11-28-2011, 09:46 PM
I want pitch black but shiny legendary dual pistols. That'd be a dream come true.

Kakatoa91
11-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Nova has the best look, gen stat and impressive size on my Op :p

Razor and gutter stay in my bag lol.

Anyway, those pink guns dun add much in game even with pink shields. Except for the green bubbles effect.
We could manage to lvl to 36 or heavily farm without them. They just add a bit more content and some $$ to STS ;)

Prestige
11-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I was reluctant on switching to legendary pistols on my OP as well. Decent DPS not as high as blade fins but good enough to keep up. But the crit bonus is amazing with electros I have around 30 crit. The defense is a bonus to help you stay alive without the use of an engineer.

Kahlua
11-30-2011, 11:18 AM
I want pitch black but shiny legendary dual pistols. That'd be a dream come true.
mmm all black guns would be awesome!!

Maybe a touch of gold on the handles only for a little Minas flare? :p

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
I prefer the dual pistols ...
No Dual Pistols?
Oh, I see, no reason to have dual pistols, as you would not buy the shield.

Nightarcher
11-30-2011, 09:38 PM
I prefer the dual pistols ...
No Dual Pistols?
Oh, I see, no reason to have dual pistols, as you would not buy the shield.

Exactly! The pistols were all about plat (which isn't necessarily bad, just... interesting.)

1. The shield gives a bonus with it, so OF COURSE we'll all buy it! (except me *chuckles*) :)
2. The pistols practically never drop without an elixir, which was made purposefully to be released at the same time. So this is a more effcient Plat->Credits transaction, really. Which of course, appeals to people as well.