PDA

View Full Version : Word of Encouragement for player on the journey to 65 to 66 without 4x Elixirs.

Owlee
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone, there are players who cannot afford 4x elixirs or do not have plats. Going through a 100k Exp journey is really tough without 4x Elixirs. Please feel free to leave a comment to encourage these players. Thank You! :)

RedRyder
11-28-2011, 12:39 PM
You're title was very misleading. Perhaps on a dev to change it for you?
Besides the plat elixirs, there are only three options:

• 1.5 gold elixirs
• daily free 3x combo elixirs from the pnc's at the beggining of every level
• going without gold and daily elixirs

The three options will take a lot more time and effort, but it can be done. It's risky though, considering that it's unknown when the next cap raise is.

Phoenixking
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM

• 1.5 gold elixirs

The three options will take a lot more time and effort, but it can be done. It's risky though, considering that it's unknown when the next cap raise is.Redryder is right about alot of this info, many poeple could go hardcore though and pull all nighters, extreme playing. Which is also hardcore leveling by the way. It may sound ridiculous but many poeple have done it and it might be a burden but keep trying and be persistent

Remember, NEVER LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEE HOOOOOPPEEEEEE DONT STOOPP BEEELIEEVING OK GUUUYS!

drewcapu
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
If STS stays within about 2-3 months between campaign udpates, it can be done.

If you're doing boss runs at L65, you'll probably want to do the 7k elixir for Emma and Vlod (similar to doing tank/dmg elixir vs OL) anyways. With the gold you get from liquidation alone, using either 7k or 2k elixirs don't end up being as big a hit to the pocket otherwise.

Add to that the free daily elixir (which you can save for Emma/Vlod), even if used only 5 out of every 7 days, and people should be able to make 1 level cap toon.

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes it is hard to level but not if you have a awesome team of dedicated levellers. I don't buy elixirs and I use the free daily elixir and this is really good for people who can't afford plat

Whirlzap
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM

• 1.5 gold elixirs

The three options will take a lot more time and effort, but it can be done. It's risky though, considering that it's unknown when the next cap raise is.

Rofl, it's not that hard.
I can do level 65-66(100k exp) in 5 days, a week at max on 1.5s, and in 10 days or so without.
I did 20k a day using 1.5s and would have gotten 66 already if my iPod didn't die on me.
Anyways, 20k a day can be achieved by doing Crypt runs with 4x Combo parties, with no boss.
Runs should take mostly 2min30seconds, 3min per run at max if you want to achieve this goal of 20k/day.
I spent about 5 hours per day, and used the 3x daily each day.
Also, the next campaign is next year, as confirmed by Sam.
I suspect it's in Mid-Jan.

But yes, 65-66 is NOT impossible. In fact, it's 3x easier than it was for 60-61 in Nuri's, due to the much faster EXP from a single run.

If you want proof, I'll go take a pic of my mage at 67k exp.

Good luck to all who try, just remember, keep finding 4x combo parties and DON'T GIVE UP!
Push yourself until you get ATLEAST 15k per day. Then YOU WILL BE HARDCORE!!!!!!

RedRyder
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Well excuse me whirl, a lot of players don't have a lot of time to play enough to do 20k xp a day, or 15k for that matter, without plat elixirs. Not to mention, how many times will one get booted from a full 4x elixir party, when they're not potted themselves? Sure they can find their own friends, but those games are primarily full. They'll be spending *ahem* wasting more time finding a game than actually leveling up. Not too many players will be inclined to let a player just tag along while they anihilate everything in the wa (assentially leeching)

And FYI, I said more time and effort not hard as you perceived. It's more tedious than anything, especially your method of finding the potted groups etc.

PL Playa
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I am exactly in this position I hit 65 today and it is so scary to look at my poor xp bar :(

Bunnyshoota
11-28-2011, 09:03 PM
5 hours a day................playing 5 hours a week is tough for me.

Fao
11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm going to start playing for 5 minutes a day, just using my elixir to lvl up. The rest of my time I spend on forums and helping out low lvls. I'm not too concerned about lvling to the cap.

Owlee
11-29-2011, 12:49 AM

• 1.5 gold elixirs

RedRyder, How is it Misleading, Please Correct me. Thank You! :)

RedRyder
11-29-2011, 06:02 AM

It makes it seem like you're offering advice towards getting to 66 w.o 4x elixirsc, when you're actually the one seeking the info lol

Aikiebo
11-29-2011, 06:05 PM

It makes it seem like you're offering advice towards getting to 66 w.o 4x elixirsc, when you're actually the one seeking the info lol

A really small point. Unless the op was editied before I first read it, this post and title is great!!! Seems to me, op is interested in providing words of encouragement to the non-potters. I think that is awesome. Just cause it wasn't maybe as long as some people would have made it doesn't mean there was anything wrong with it.

You know, months ago, I read a post, I think it was by davidis57. He said he didn't like it when potted players kicked those who weren't using elixrs. At the time, I didn't think that much about this. I mean, I thought that was just an awful thing to do, but I, at that time, really thought it was just a fluke. Well, aparently, I was wrong. I hear so many people say that get booted for not using elixrs. I love elixrs. They are really helping the game imo. However, everyone has the right to play the game in a way that makes them happy. If you don't want to use elixrs, I totally support that.

I have never been in a group where someone was booted for using or not using elixrs. I usually use elixrs but run both ways. If I was in a group where someone was booted for either way, I would leave, try to find that player and group with them.

It is ridiculous to consider a non-elixr user a leach. That is rude and ridic. They have that right. I like helping players.

Twice I have had players hint around trying to get me to boot someone who wasn't potted. I ignored them. Once, someone actually asked me to do so. His words were that the guy "was taking up a slot". I did not boot the guy, and never will.

Edit: If it is important to you to level to cap with out elixirs, I wish you luck. I know that it can be done, but will take a while. But, I know that everyone on the forums is wishing you luck.

When you think it would help, come to the forum to try to get a group up.

Have fun!!!

Whirlzap
11-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Well, I never said it's easy.
It's obviously hard, but not impossible.
And no, I don't spend 5 hours a day on PL.
I usually spend less than 20 minutes a day on PL now, and the reason for this 5 hour a day was I had Thanksgiving Holidays Break. A week of epic-gaming.

Roc
11-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I can remember a time that people running with elixirs was not the norm and now that being elixir-ed is expected in order to just get into a PUG is disheartening but not completely so! I've never reached the "hard-core" cap (because I'm a cheapskate and won't buy Plat hehe ;)) but I have friends who have made it to the cap with just the daily and gold elixirs :) I definitely believe it is possible to be a really real hard-core "hard-core" level cap success without elixirs :cupcake: