PDA

View Full Version : Elixir 10 second warning

drewcapu
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
There are times when knowing approximately when an elixir is about to expire (especially tank/combo) would be useful. The elixir status page is nice and all, but isn't practical to check often when trying to maximize elixir use. The main goal is to avoid those fun deaths that can occur when going crazy and getting aggro, only to die due to not getting those last one or two skills out before the elixir expires.

Just a little HUD message (perhaps in red?) along with matching message in chat-log (optional, since it can be easily missed due to loot spam) would suffice. Or you can just mimic how explosives in SL work with a little tick tock to go with the HUD message.

Roc
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
It's like rushing headlong into battle only to realize too late that everyone else isn't right behind you but thirty feet behind you :grumpy: This is definitely something that seems easily implemented. They could even give an option just move the whole counter onto the HUD itself.

Whirlzap
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Very good idea!
I would also like to know like a few seconds before when your buff is about to die, like a blinking buff icon.
It's not that important, but would help alot when my insane crit is about to die off.

Ayc2000
11-28-2011, 08:14 PM
+1 idea. I don't see how this hasn't been brought up yet

Very good idea!
I would also like to know like a few seconds before when your buff is about to die, like a blinking buff icon.
It's not that important, but would help alot when my insane crit is about to die off.
you can jjust look at the cool down level, i think it is 1/3 and 1/2 for the blessings

Nickyeagle
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I have always wanted that Drewcapu. That would help for people, like me, who don't buy Plat, and rely on Gold Exliers and the Free Daily Exlier. I feel as though I have a lot of time left and then all of a sudden, its gone. Just as fast as it came. :(