View Full Version : Massive 12+ or more player raids.

Tackled
01-04-2019, 03:05 PM
What was your guys opinion on them I was pretty bummed when I returned back to the game and I did some dailies with my friend and found out there aren’t 12 player raids anymore. It was so fun to me to interact with all of you guys at once and work towards one goal. I would love to see another it really connected al players and took out some toxicity [emoji3531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuaseT
01-04-2019, 03:12 PM
I liked those too

Spheresome
01-04-2019, 03:28 PM
If there isnt ridiculous lag then I think I would enjoy them back ;)

Tackled
01-04-2019, 03:33 PM
I liked those too

Thank you for the feedback [emoji3531]

Tackled
01-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Another Great idea! Massive player raids more of a gauntlet style. Entrance In kraag city [emoji1417]

Agnes
01-04-2019, 03:39 PM
I loved those raid runs, met many great ppl there, We laughed a lot in the endless runs (and got mad when one run took 15mins :D ) And back then it was a pretty good way to make gold :)

Xxkayakxx
01-04-2019, 06:22 PM
I had fun too but as twisted as I am I e joyed being yelled using Hexstaff on purpose XD
For fun XD luckily people knows I like to joke around XD

Tackled
01-04-2019, 06:27 PM
I loved those raid runs, met many great ppl there, We laughed a lot in the endless runs (and got mad when one run took 15mins :D ) And back then it was a pretty good way to make gold :)

Much love agi [emoji3531][emoji16] we all had fun ! I think another one with map idea of old gauntlet!

Thewolfbull
01-04-2019, 07:06 PM
I like the old style of maps more, raids are to unbalanced they almost got it right with infested swamp but glowstick ruined that :p no more rsids please and ty :D

Tackled
01-04-2019, 08:49 PM
I like the old style of maps more, raids are to unbalanced they almost got it right with infested swamp but glowstick ruined that :p no more rsids please and ty :D

Respected opinion my buddy bull. I just loved interacting with 12 of my friends in one map making jokes and making gold [emoji1419]

Nohealth
01-05-2019, 03:36 AM
I did not run a lot back then but it was great. 12 players in same map interacting, playing and having fun together was definitely one of my best AL experiences.

Ebereasider
01-05-2019, 04:23 AM
Yes, 12 players raid was so much fun with all those extreme lags, arcane pings and repeated disconnections

Tackled
01-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Yes, 12 players raid was so much fun with all those extreme lags, arcane pings and repeated disconnections

That might’ve just been your connection bud! Weird flex though

Ebereasider
01-05-2019, 11:56 PM
That might’ve just been your connection bud! Weird flex though

I'm pretty sure that's not only me. Nearly everyone used to complain about the lag on that map. And I saw many other people getting dc and reconnect. People complained about 8 players Hydra too. That's what led STS to reducing those map for 4 players. Personally, I like the idea and would want them back if they can solve that extreme lag issue.

Spheresome
01-06-2019, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not only me. Nearly everyone used to complain about the lag on that map. And I saw many other people getting dc and reconnect. People complained about 8 players Hydra too. That's what led STS to reducing those map for 4 players. Personally, I like the idea and would want them back if they can solve that extreme lag issue.

ur not alone

QuaseT
01-06-2019, 08:20 AM
I had no lag on my pc but on the phone. We need a way to optimize that, procs like wildfire caused heavy lags for devices with less power, probably by removing these kind of procs in 8players+ maps (Wildfire, glint aegis).

Tackled
01-06-2019, 03:22 PM
I had no lag on my pc but on the phone. We need a way to optimize that, procs like wildfire caused heavy lags for devices with less power, probably by removing these kind of procs in 8players+ maps (Wildfire, glint aegis).

I never lagged on my iPhone.

Alwarez
01-06-2019, 04:43 PM
I never lagged on my iPhone.

Which phone exactly?

Tackled
01-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Which phone exactly?

8 plus

Chenie
01-09-2019, 05:50 AM

I have the same point of view.

Marosok
01-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Weak phone CPU can´t handle many processes on 1 spot, that is why you have stuttering (not lag, lag is caused by bad ping). Play on PC or need more powerfull phone (for potential 12p maps). Yes, bring back 12p maps, but not Hydra style, but big maps with hoards of mobs, so everyone have much to do there killing mobs to reach boss.

Tackled
01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Weak phone CPU can´t handle many processes on 1 spot, that is why you have stuttering (not lag, lag is caused by bad ping). Play on PC or need more powerfull phone (for potential 12p maps). Yes, bring back 12p maps, but not Hydra style, but big maps with hoards of mobs, so everyone have much to do there killing mobs to reach boss.

Now I understand that some people really do lag. But overall you’re right man they were fun and they bring the community together

Cinco
01-09-2019, 03:11 PM
They were great at first - when everyone actually played the map - until they got exploited by leeches.
I personally hated seeing half a dozen (or more) players just standing around waiting for the rest to do the encounter. This alone would've been enough for me to chop down the participant size but we also got a LOT of complaints from players who felt they were being exploited by those who just parked themselves in the zone and did nothing.

Only way I see of bringing this sort of thing back would be to change the rules for zone 'ownership.' Unfortunately AL is not structured to do hosting, joining and booting (like Pocket Legends and Star Legends) - so we'd need to figure something else out.

Very glad to hear love for the big fights tho ;-)

Tackled
01-09-2019, 03:31 PM
They were great at first - when everyone actually played the map - until they got exploited by leeches.
I personally hated seeing half a dozen (or more) players just standing around waiting for the rest to do the encounter. This alone would've been enough for me to chop down the participant size but we also got a LOT of complaints from players who felt they were being exploited by those who just parked themselves in the zone and did nothing.

Only way I see of bringing this sort of thing back would be to change the rules for zone 'ownership.' Unfortunately AL is not structured to do hosting, joining and booting (like Pocket Legends and Star Legends) - so we'd need to figure something else out.

Appreciate the feedback cinco that opened up my one sided mind in all honesty lol, just because I didn’t do them enough and never experienced parked players. All my experience were interactive and everyone but there hand in to help. But I completely understand al isn’t structured to do so. That would be nice though. Parked players kicked for inactivity haha you don’t put the work in you don’t get the results!

Tackled
01-10-2019, 04:43 AM
I have the same point of view.

Understood, sorry I just never experienced lag

Chenie
01-10-2019, 04:55 AM

Could it be possible to have a 8 man raid and to split the encounter in 2 sides, so each side HAVE TO ACT and INTERACT each other ?
Like having 2 opposed pillars that have to go down within 10 sec of each other (could be 2 bosses with different spells, attacks, rotations, etc)

my 2 cents

PsychoNuke
01-10-2019, 05:11 AM

hmm that explains a lot, I hope you guys brainstorm on this and get a workaround or solution. An LFG option can open many doors and make things more fun :).

Kairihearts
01-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Mabye structure it like this if the person/player don't actually participate/help then they receive no reward? Could work like that ?