PDA

View Full Version : # of posts...

Nourish
11-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I've been seeing more of this over time, and it's starting to agitate me.

Everyone can see the reputation bar and number of posts every user has. What people have been doing I will call "post grinding". Basically what it is, is when someone posts something that does not help a all... For instance, if I asked how much this item is worth, someone would say that's a good item you have there. That's it, not helpful at all, pointless. The only reason I can think of someone doing this is to make it look like they have more posts meaning they are a member with more knowledge. It doesn't mean you have any knowledge! Some members have very little posts but know a TON about they game.

Not pointing out any names but just wanted to tell everyone how annoying it is. Thanks

StompArtist
11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
The only thing the amount of posts indicates is if you are a "chatterbox" or not. It does not by any means indicate knowledge.

Cascade
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Lol its funny. I remember when i first joined the forums I wanted to get a high number of posts so bad and to get noticed that I just posted abunch of nonsense. Hahaha xD

Artentreri
11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
It's not a bad thing to want to be noticed, and if they're just complimenting you then hey, no harm no foul right?

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
If you see someone who's posting junk posts or obviously padding their post count, you can make use of the Report Post button found in the lower left of the post to let our Moderation Team know about the issue. The button looks like this:

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
That's a good post you have there.

+1 Posts WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

[crawls back into cave and binges on hunny from embarrassment after seeing Sam's Post]

Nourish
11-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks Sam, I'm usually on the mobile app for apple devices and don't have that function now. Do you know when it will be added? Also I cannot make threads on this app, I have to go into safari.

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
that's a good post you have there.

+1 posts wooohoooo!!!!!

[crawls back into cave and binges on hunny from embarrassment after seeing sam's post]

smack!

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks Sam, I'm usually on the mobile app for apple devices and don't have that function now. Do you know when it will be added? Also I cannot make threads on this app, I have to go into safari.

Here's how to post a thread with the iPhone mobile app: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36286-Have-problems-posting-new-threads-with-the-iPhone-Spacetime-Community-App-Read-This!

As for reporting posts, just tap on the post again to get to the full view of the post and the report button is in the lower left. Tapping to full view a post is also how you see images in posts.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
smack!

Well I have learned my lesson.
-

<--- +1

wvhills
11-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I've been seeing more of this over time, and it's starting to agitate me.

Everyone can see the reputation bar and number of posts every user has. What people have been doing I will call "post grinding". Basically what it is, is when someone posts something that does not help a all... For instance, if I asked how much this item is worth, someone would say that's a good item you have there. That's it, not helpful at all, pointless. The only reason I can think of someone doing this is to make it look like they have more posts meaning they are a member with more knowledge. It doesn't mean you have any knowledge! Some members have very little posts but know a TON about they game.

Not pointing out any names but just wanted to tell everyone how annoying it is. Thanks

Good post.

Artentreri
11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
What a pain in bass that would be, poor fish.

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
OMG you guys, stop post padding!

:dejection:

Thread locked!