PDA

View Full Version : Official, finalized 27 tournament.

Snacking
01-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Just a fun little tourney to throw some competition into what I feel is one of the more balanced levels :)
Leave your name as well as partners name down below. I have messaged cinco about prizes, we can only hope he supports :)

THESE ARE THE FINALIZED TOURNEY RULES AND TEAMS.

THE MAP IS FOREST FIGHT

Type of tournament-
Double elimination tournament, there will be a winners and losers bracket. Each match will consist of 3 games, it will be best 2 out of 3 to ensure fairness. The matches will be FFA styled.

Rules-
1. Gear~
The gear allowed in this tournament will consist of sandstone cave gear ONLY. There will be no rings, or gear outside of that. WHITE rings bought with platinum will be the only rings available. I’m only adding these because there’s no way to know if a player isn’t using one or not. So to avoid cheating they ARE allowed.
2. Players in arena~
This will be a fair 2v2 with both players who have signed present. There will be no rejoining or swapping classes. There will be one spectator watching fights to watch out for rule breakers.
3. Cheaters~
There will be no macros or subs, also no one can spam trade or pm competing players. If this happens, the match will be postponed until they have stopped.
4. Vanities~
Vanities that cover up gear are not allowed. Vanities such as wings, carrot nose, etc, that show gear ARE allowed. You also can not hide helm. Also NO FOUNDERS HELM.
5. Map~
The map is forest fight which is the most spacious free map so that there is no advantage to being a class that thrives in close combat. Treeing is allowed.

Date-
Each team now has 2 weeks to submit their first match, starting now. Monday, January 21st. Good Luck to all.
The players competing in these fights are as follows;
Fight 1.
Stxp and Isuckalone VS Chocotone and Kraizehad
Fight 2.
Notrich and Chooopeka VS Equalizing and Cuqt
Fight 3.
Ttvbytheway and Qvj VS Dumbmfwitch and Slaughter
Fight 4.
Zswmage and Guccirings VS Loolol and Eroxah
Fight 5.
Wufo and Bullys VS Unbanntourneyy and Teleports
Fight 6.
Artplayctf and Disgruntled VS Stealthform and Masterrift
Fight 7.
Autoattacks and Ogmnm VS Egyptos and Unnerfing
Fight 8.
Bearmagebird and Sosomage VS Godlytyrant and Jixsaw

THERE WILL BE NO SUBS
If a teammate or team as a whole fails to show up or to fight they will be disqualified.

TOURNEY STARTS MONDAY, JANUARY 21st.
Each team will have 2 weeks to submit screenshots of the scores of their matches.

Prize pool is 50 million gold to the winner.

THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED IN.
There will be no more teammate replacing or class switching. Final bracket-
https://challonge.com/y3d5k4rg

Team 1
-Stxp~bear
-Isuckalone~mage

Team 2
-Wufo~mage
-Bullys~mage

Team 3
-Autoattacks~mage
-ogmnm~bear

Team 4
-Ttvbytheway~bear
-Qvj~mage

Team 5
-Zswmage~Mage
-Guccirings~Bear

Team 6
-Bearmagebird~bear
-Sosomage~mage

Team 7
-Artplayctf~mage
-Disgruntlment~bear

Team 8
-Notrich~mage
-Choopeka~fox

Team 9
-Equalizing~bear
-Cuqt~mage

Team 10
-Stealthform~fox
-Masterrift~mage

Team 11
-Godlytyrant~mage
-Jixsaw~mage

Team 12
-Loolol~mage
-Eroxah~mage

Team 13
-Dumbwitch~mage
-Slaughter~mage

Team 14
-Egyptos~mage
-Unnerfing~mage

Team 15
-Unbanntourneyy~mage
-Teleports~bear

Team 16
-Chocotone~mage
-Kraizehad~mage

Jyuu1205
01-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Just a fun little tourney to throw some competition into what I feel is one of the more balanced levels :)
Leave your name as well as partners name down below. I have messaged cinco about prizes, we can only hope he supports :)

THESE ARE THE FINALIZED TOURNEY RULES AND TEAMS.

THE MAP IS FOREST FIGHT

Type of tournament-
Double elimination tournament, there will be a winners and losers bracket. Each match will consist of 3 games, it will be best 2 out of 3 to ensure fairness. The matches will be FFA styled.

Rules-
1. Gear~
The gear allowed in this tournament will consist of sandstone cave gear ONLY. There will be no rings, or gear outside of that. WHITE rings bought with platinum will be the only rings available. I’m only adding these because there’s no way to know if a player isn’t using one or not. So to avoid cheating they ARE allowed.
2. Players in arena~
This will be a fair 2v2 with both players who have signed present. There will be no rejoining or swapping classes. There will be one spectator recording the fight as well as watching out for rule breakers.
3. Cheaters~
There will be no macros or subs, also no one can spam trade or pm competing players. If this happens, the match will be postponed until they have stopped.
4. Vanities~
Vanities that cover up gear are not allowed. Vanities such as wings, carrot nose, etc, that show gear ARE allowed. You also can not hide helm. Also NO FOUNDERS HELM.
5. Map~
The map is forest fight which is the most spacious free map so that there is no advantage to being a class that thrives in close combat. Treeing is allowed.

Date-
The first four fights will occur Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. central time. The players competing in these fights are as follows;
Fight 1.
Stxp and Isuckalone VS Chocotone and Kraizehad
Fight 2.
Notrich and Chooopeka VS Equalizing and Cuqt
Fight 3.
Ripxdisback and Eatmyshred VS Jixsaw and Slaughter
Fight 4.
Zsw and Bunchofpulp VS Loolol and Eroxah

THERE WILL BE NO SUBS
If a teammate or team as a whole fails to show up within 20 minutes of the set time, they WILL be disqualified.

I will talk with the next 4 teams about what time on Thirsday. I will update this post as soon as possible.

OFFICIAL BRACKET
https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=6mNvAUAoSp

DATE WILL BE SET AFTER I CONSULT EACH TEAM.
This could take a day or 2 for me to catch everyone while they’re online.
I’d like for every team to contact me over discord @T-haley#9858

Prize pool is yet to be determined. Hoping for cinco to sponsor. Like I said this tourney is for fun. Everyone take a breather.

Team 1
-Stxp~bear
-Isuckalone~mage

Team 2
-Wufo~mage
-Bullys~mage

Team 3
-Autoattacks~mage
-ogmnm~bear

Team 4
-Eatmyshred~fox
-Ripxdisback~fox

Team 5
-Zsw~bear
-Bunchofpulp~mage

Team 6
-Bearmagebird~bear
-Sosomage~mage

Team 7
-Artplayctf~mage
-Disgruntlment~bear

Team 8
-Notrich~mage
-Choopeka~fox

Team 9
-Equalizing~bear
-Cuqt~mage

Team 10
-Stealthform~fox
-Masterrift~mage

Team 11
-Godlytyrant~mage
-Dumbmfwitch~mage

Team 12
-Loolol~mage
-Eroxah~mage

Team 13
-Jixsaw~mage
-Slaughter~mage

Team 14
-Egyptos~mage
-Unnerfing~mage

Team 15
-Unbanntourney~mage
-Teleports~bear

Team 16
-Chocotone~mage
-Kraizehad~mage

Out of curiosity, did all these players sign their team up on forums? Or did they just talk to you in game and you placed them in this tourney?

Jyuu1205
01-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Also, isn't it too early to start the tournament if Cinco didn't respond to supporting your tournament or not? Any other plans if he decides not to support this tournament?

Snacking
01-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Out of curiosity, did all these players sign their team up on forums? Or did they just talk to you in game and you placed them in this tourney?

Players only had to contact me with both teammates names, it doesn’t matter how they reached out. Some did on forum, discord, and in game.

plpr
01-14-2019, 03:25 PM
This is the worst organized tournament I've seen to date. What kind of imaginary world are you in thinking people are just going to show up at your very specific day and time? It's already hard enough scheduling games when both teams create a day and time they both agree on.

Snacking
01-14-2019, 03:57 PM
This is the worst organized tournament I've seen to date. What kind of imaginary world are you in thinking people are just going to show up at your very specific day and time? It's already hard enough scheduling games when both teams create a day and time they both agree on.

I will talk to each team specifically regarding times and days. I’m not setting the time of fight according to my time, it will be according to theirs. I was saying, if they don’t show up within 20 minutes of the times THEY agreed on. They will be disqualified. That’s why I don’t have a set time in my post. No date is set in stone yet. Still waiting on cinco to respond. If there wasn’t set times and dates we could never have the fights.
Use ur brain homie. :)

burntoutdex
01-14-2019, 04:36 PM
My ign is "unbantourneyy" (one n) thanks

Also, i can edit the bracket with the link given. You need to save it and then send us the link so that we can't exploit it.

Fwend
01-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Another PVP tourney that encourages activity on the game, its wonderful.

This one is for lower levels and only 2 in a team. It certainly filled up very fast.

I wish the tourney host all the best of luck dealing with the PL PvP community. I do suggest a no drama rule of 3 strikes and a disqualification, to contain the backlash of participants.

burntoutdex
01-14-2019, 06:50 PM
Why are you only doing 4fights out of the 8?

plpr
01-14-2019, 07:03 PM
He has no idea what he's doing.

Waydog
01-14-2019, 07:20 PM
How would you feel about increasing the amount of teams? This tournament seems to have gotten very popular and I know there are plenty more teams that would like to join. I was thinking around 24 - 32 teams or so. Allowing more teams to join would encourage Cinco’s support and give you time to get a response from Cinco. This could be a very good thing for PL. Thankyou for considering

Also, you should allow the teams to set their own times for games and make it easier on you as everyone has their own work/school schedules. Its much easier if the two teams are able to decide a time for both rather than potentially being disqualified for something they had no control over.

Snacking
01-14-2019, 08:12 PM
How would you feel about increasing the amount of teams? This tournament seems to have gotten very popular and I know there are plenty more teams that would like to join. I was thinking around 24 - 32 teams or so. Allowing more teams to join would encourage Cinco’s support and give you time to get a response from Cinco. This could be a very good thing for PL. Thankyou for considering

Also, you should allow the teams to set their own times for games and make it easier on you as everyone has their own work/school schedules. Its much easier if the two teams are able to decide a time for both rather than potentially being disqualified for something they had no control over.

I will think about it. If enough players show interest outside of the ones already listed I will.
Also that’s what I’ve been trying to say I’m planning on doing. I’m making the schedules around the players times. Not mine.

Snacking
01-14-2019, 08:14 PM

It’s gonna be a HASSLE trying to get even 8 of the teams to make it 4 fights in one day. 4 fights seems less overwhelming. No one is in a rush, this is for fun. :p

Waydog
01-14-2019, 08:21 PM
In my opinion, you should just leave the scheduling of the matches to the players participating. In previous tournaments, giving players a set amount of days to complete matches has worked well. It lets the tournament run smoothly and kind of sets a completion date for the whole thing. But I think adding more teams would be incredible, I know there are definitely enough people interested to make at least a 24 team tourney. Thanks ����

burntoutdex
01-14-2019, 11:07 PM
It’s gonna be a HASSLE trying to get even 8 of the teams to make it 4 fights in one day. 4 fights seems less overwhelming. No one is in a rush, this is for fun. :p

Why do we all have to play on the same day? why cant you just give us a date to get matches in by?

NukeDragon
01-15-2019, 10:26 PM

Hey man it’s masterrift, they are right. Let the players schedule their own fights but have a deadline for the fights. Otherwise you will have upset people since they can’t make the day you want them to. Just have a scheduled day to have them done by. Trust me it will be better this way. Other people have done two weeks for first match, then one week after that for the rest of the matches.

burntoutdex
01-16-2019, 02:30 AM
You keep changing the rules about getting matches in.

Why aren't you posting the changes down here so we all know that you've changed the rules (again)?

Snacking
01-16-2019, 10:00 AM
I have changed the rules for the fights by setting a deadline for teams to get their fights in by.

Snacking
01-16-2019, 06:08 PM
FINALIZED BRACKET
THERE WILL BE NO MORE TEAMMATE REPLACING OR CLASS SWITCHING. THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED IN.
https://challonge.com/y3d5k4rg

burntoutdex
01-17-2019, 12:46 AM
A date/deadline will be set for each team to get their fights in by.
Each fight needs to be recorded and must have a video link posted to forums.

How many times do we need to ask for you to post changes you make down here?

Also, not everyone will be able to record :)

Draebatad
01-17-2019, 01:13 AM
I will volunteer to help record matches if needed.

Flashback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-_StnLGh0

http://www.pocketlegendsreborn.com/downloads/brosig.jpg (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com)
Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com) /// PL Party Zone Discord Server (https://discord.gg/crkUCUx)

Snacking
01-17-2019, 09:20 AM
How many times do we need to ask for you to post changes you make down here?

Also, not everyone will be able to record :)

I literally did post it. I can record if they can’t, drae also volunteered. I said that it has to be recorded in the original rules as well, I just re worded it.

Snacking
01-18-2019, 01:22 AM
Many players have reached out to me saying they are unable to record. Being as they are in different time zones that clash with my daily schedule I’ve decided to change it to where the score after each match must be screenshotted and posted to forums rather than videod.

burntoutdex
01-19-2019, 05:18 AM
Do you have a date for when this will start if you hear nothing from Cinco?

Snacking
01-20-2019, 08:16 PM
Tourney matches start tomorrow. Monday, January 21st, each team will have 2 weeks to complete their match and submit the screenshots of their scores.
The prize will be 50 million gold to the 1st place winner.

Zaprodanej
01-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Team - Loolol I added you on my main char. Natation so please add me ingame or pm me on forums / discord - Zaprodanej#1306 so we can set our times

NukeDragon
01-23-2019, 11:11 AM
I added both artplayctf and disgruntled on PL, if you can message me asap. I want to get this match over with soon!

Buchmeister
01-23-2019, 04:29 PM
This has been a hectic thread lol

NukeDragon
01-24-2019, 09:59 AM
What happens if we get no reply or any communication after trying so much with the other team? I have been sending friend requests and also sending messages daily to try and schedule a time with the other team.

Snacking
01-24-2019, 11:31 AM
What happens if we get no reply or any communication after trying so much with the other team? I have been sending friend requests and also sending messages daily to try and schedule a time with the other team.

They’re disqualified. Only 4 teams have even made an effort to get their match in, I’m about to just call it off if only a few teams submit their fights.

burntoutdex
01-24-2019, 10:00 PM
They’re disqualified. Only 4 teams have even made an effort to get their match in, I’m about to just call it off if only a few teams submit their fights.

At least wait until the two weeks is up.

Snacking
01-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Tourney is off due to nothing but un-positive feedback from players competing and watching. 6 teams have dropped as well. Good luck to all.

fruitbattwo
01-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Tournaments are hard.

Don't be discouraged :-)