PDA

View Full Version : Something I think devs should think about...

Spheresome
01-14-2019, 06:07 PM
I want to start off by saying that this thread is regarding the Planar Arena, Hauntlet, and Raid Leaderboards, and I believe that this is a very touchy topic and don't mean to offend anyone with my opinions.

I would like to request that the ability for one team to take multiple positions on one of these leaderboards to be nullified, if you will, so that only one team may take up one slot on the leaderboard. Because right now, for the majority of these leaderboards, we have one team that takes up 4-5 if not all of the positions on the leaderboard and I feel this is a little unfair to all the other players who would like an attempt at these leaderboards. (And before you start babbling about how I just want a LB banner or badge, yes I have run leaderboards and gotten banners, and yes I am on a leaderboard right now). This is not to say that one person can't be on the leaderboard multiple times, just to say that the same team cannot take multiple positions of it, and that if that team continues to run there, times should be an updated position, that they continue to climb if in the same party as opposed to a new slot on the leaderboard.

For instance, let's take the planar arena LB. If a team of players X, Y, Z decides to run timed and they break a record enough to get on the LB. They get there time and a position on the LB. However, if they beat there previous time with the same party, they do not take up another spot, but instead, the team as a whole move up on the leaderboard. However, if player X decides to form a team with players A and B instead of Y and Z, this qualifies as a new team and they can take another position on a leaderboard. There are some players already on these leaderbaords also (I will keep there names private for confidentiality, if sts wishes this information of me they can easily see through my chat logs) who would like to see a system like this implemented.

Right now what we have is a lot like as if an athlete went to the Olympics for their respective event and took home Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.

However, this is obviously not a pressing issue at all and only applies to a select group of end game players, and the devs should probably focus on enhancing new content before tackling a situation such as this. Ty for reading~

Kairihearts
01-14-2019, 06:40 PM
I don't play lb because of this so +1 :)

Chronox
01-14-2019, 08:31 PM
I agree, having the same players run for lb and getting all the banners is unfair, give other ppl a chance, I asked a time runner rog once if I can tag along to get a banner and his / her response was "lmao no, u need to pay 50m for a spot" im like nah u can keep that spot, implementing ur idea will atleast give others a shot at lb, +1, haters will be ignored ����

Captainrock
01-14-2019, 11:51 PM
+1 it should have been implemented before many players would have got chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itswiiz
01-15-2019, 12:35 AM
True. It should've been like this from the very beginning. +1
+1 it should have been implemented before many players would have got chance.

Sent from my Nokia 2 using Tapatalk

PostNoob
01-15-2019, 01:17 AM
I also agree, one spot on the lb should be enough reward for a party.

In the end you will just see certain ppl switching out 1 other person in their party, and still be on the board multiple times. In that case, its still better to hold a party to a singular lb spot rather than controlling a whole board.

Azerothraven
01-15-2019, 02:04 AM
+1 I agree but what prevents the players from using an alt or another account?

A lot of LB players dont like random or new players joining the LB. Most even prefer not having a player than someone who isnt experinced with LB because they dont want someone getting LB banner when they havent spent as much gold/plat as them getting their position. That is why they try take as many positions as they can ( not because they fear losing their positions)

This is my past experience as a timed runner ( not sure if this is still the case).

Greatankush
01-15-2019, 02:24 AM
I don't run leaderboards but if you want a spot on the leaderboards for a shiny banner, you should be capable of working hard enough to get one. Beat the top times and clear a spot for yourself. As far as not being able to find a party for a speed run is considered, a speed run is only successful if each and every member knows what they're doing. LB is not about waiting under an apple tree waiting for the apple to fall, it is about climbing up the tree and plucking an apple for yourself.
No offence, please don't start drama here.

Idly
01-15-2019, 04:27 AM
How about adding a new bracket (Pure/Elixir/Gears) with gears being lvl cap specific to the expansion? For example:

Brackenridge Elite - Lvl 16 gears max.

Shuyal Elite - Lvl 41 gears max.

Probably a bad idea, but it would shake up the op 71's with full MS 71 gears a little huhu.

putoshomai
01-15-2019, 07:44 AM
.. ahaha .. just hahahha this thread made my day ahahaha ty buddy aahhahaha

VenomSet
01-15-2019, 08:55 AM
.. ahaha .. just hahahha this thread made my day ahahaha ty buddy aahhahaha

Can you reply in a reasonable way? If you need help (constructing sentences), shoot me a pm, I will give you a book recommendation or two. :)

Futumsh
01-15-2019, 01:32 PM
This was already on my list to do (since I did an equivalent thing with the upcoming swamp temple challenge leaderboards) - will likely show up in this week's update.

Dadansn
01-15-2019, 01:57 PM
This was already on my list to do (since I did an equivalent thing with the upcoming swamp temple challenge leaderboards) - will likely show up in this week's update.

As i said before, you are the best dev,hands down.

Spheresome
01-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Thank you very much for your time consideration and help :)

MasterP
01-15-2019, 03:27 PM
Others spend a lot of time on gear etc for these leaderboards... Why should it just be made easier for others? If you're not good enough you shouldnt be on a leaderboard.. Quite simple. And ofcourse this is a thread made by some1 who had been begging timed runners for a spot in their parties, obviously cant get in, so you have to make a sad thread like this lol.. @Futumush nothing should be done to the leadboard till the new season starts. AS you refused to do anything about bugged Hydra/orrick times, or properly sorting out southern seas.. I dont see why arena should be interfered with, by a few who cannot get on the lb.

MasterP
01-15-2019, 03:35 PM
well ofcourse you'd be like nah.. you havent paid nearly 50m for timed gear have you? some ppl have over 200m for gear for time runs.. and you guys want freeby easy banners lol.. thats the infuriating thing. WORK FOR IT.. EARN IT. stop complaining.

Futumsh
01-15-2019, 03:58 PM
well ofcourse you'd be like nah.. you havent paid nearly 50m for timed gear have you? some ppl have over 200m for gear for time runs.. and you guys want freeby easy banners lol.. thats the infuriating thing. WORK FOR IT.. EARN IT. stop complaining.

Take your own advice, stop complaining.
This does nothing to your best time on the leaderboard, and can only improve your position on it.

Flamesofanger
01-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Take your own advice, stop complaining.
This does nothing to your best time on the leaderboard, and can only improve your position on it.

Thank you @Futumsh

:)

slaaayerrr
01-15-2019, 04:50 PM
For instance, let's take the planar arena LB. If a team of players X, Y, Z decides to run timed and they break a record enough to get on the LB. They get there time and a position on the LB. However, if they beat there previous time with the same party, they do not take up another spot, but instead, the team as a whole move up on the leaderboard. However, if player X decides to form a team with players A and B instead of Y and Z, this qualifies as a new team and they can take another position on a leaderboard. There are some players already on these leaderbaords also (I will keep there names private for confidentiality, if sts wishes this information of me they can easily see through my chat logs) who would like to see a system like this implemented.

planar arena LB can be made by 3 or less players, those X,Y,Z can invite random friend (or make some toons lvl40+ and use 2nd device, isnt hard too) and take all 25 spots of lb, in fact it will be same team, but for your new LB it will be 25 different teams.

putoshomai
01-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Can you reply in a reasonable way? If you need help (constructing sentences), shoot me a pm, I will give you a book recommendation or two. :)
Why do I need to do that . If you dont know the word thanks with hahaha reaction . ..
If you don't understand . Then its not my problem . Thanks again buddy . Hahahaha ..
Don't make me look bad.
Sent from my Flare 2.1 using Tapatalk

Yeh
01-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Maybe we should give out participation trophies too 😂

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Maybe we should give out participation trophies too ��

Oh look it's funny because all year round you hog the lb spots all the time pathetic give others a chance ...

Gufugufutwo
01-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Oh look it's funny because all year round you hog the lb spots all the time pathetic give others a chance ...

You’re the pathetic one here.. flaming someone on forums because they have spent more time money and effort than you, and YOURE salty. If u want a chance for lb u gotta make it lol, instead of flaming the ppl who have worked extremely hard to make themselves a chance for timed lb

Pleasant
01-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar arena LB should be checked out honestly. Those times don’t look legit at all.

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 07:27 PM
You’re the pathetic one here.. flaming someone on forums because they have spent more time money and effort than you, and YOURE salty. If u want a chance for lb u gotta make it lol, instead of flaming the ppl who have worked extremely hard to make themselves a chance for timed lb

Lol what a idiot you clearly are don't have time for people like you.

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Can this thread be locked please.

To my fellow runners, pls don't hate me for bringing this idea to forums, as futumush already stated he was planning on doing this anyways ;3. Hope we can still continue to run~

-Chau

Nah I don't hate you all good here :)

Flamesofanger
01-15-2019, 08:04 PM

Cannot agree more. You spoke the truth, those are Real facts right there. 1+

It's crazy how people want something they'll never touch again in the end anyways, yet they refuse to let others go for it and give it a chance on a LB run, to receive rewards that they'll actually make GOOD use of.

Why complain over things you'll let sit in your inventory for ages just to collect dust?

Smh.

Shredderjoe
01-15-2019, 08:41 PM
This was already on my list to do (since I did an equivalent thing with the upcoming swamp temple challenge leaderboards) - will likely show up in this week's update.Does this mean Season 12 will end with upcoming update?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Cannot agree more. You spoke the truth, those are Real facts right there. 1+

It's crazy how people want something they'll never touch again in the end anyways, yet they refuse to let others go for it and give it a chance on a LB run, to receive rewards that they'll actually make GOOD use of.

Why complain over things you'll let sit in your inventory for ages just to collect dust?

Smh.

Just like my signature says excatly on point thanks flame.

Futumsh
01-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Does this mean Season 12 will end with upcoming update?

No - IIRC it's sometime in March.

Shredderjoe
01-15-2019, 09:00 PM
No - IIRC it's sometime in March.Thank you very much :)

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Gufugufutwo
01-15-2019, 09:09 PM
Lol what a idiot you clearly are don't have time for people like you.

Well I mean, am I the one flaming people on forums, just cuz I’m mad that I can’t get on the lb? Cuz that’s what YOU r doing.. not me lol. You also are the one throwing around insults and calling names Lel... threads like this are made counterproductive because of people like you, who try to make drama at the first opportunity..

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Well I mean, am I the one flaming people on forums, just cuz I’m mad that I can’t get on the lb? Cuz that’s what YOU r doing.. not me lol. You also are the one throwing around insults and calling names Lel... threads like this are made counterproductive because of people like you, who try to make drama at the first opportunity..

Yeah you flamed me got a problem inbox me I'll sort you np if people like you weren't around AL would be a better place have a good day now won't you cya.

Gufugufutwo
01-15-2019, 10:11 PM
Yeah you flamed me got a problem inbox me I'll sort you np if people like you weren't around AL would be a better place have a good day now won't you cya.

lol.. you flamed yeh first for no reason, and you've got it wrong buddy, if ppl like YOU weren't around, always looking to cause drama, then AL would be a better place lel

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
lol.. you flamed yeh first for no reason, and you've got it wrong buddy, if ppl like YOU weren't around, always looking to cause drama, then AL would be a better place lel

You can't even spell haha keep twisting the words around doesn't make you look any smarter :)

Alghost
01-15-2019, 10:34 PM
Can we fokus on pvp instead of leaderboard? Pvp is what got the game going. Some pvp bots or something. @cinco (I heard you’re the one in charge of pvp?) sorry if I’m wrong but can you fix it? I don’t mind if you take the entire year as long as you fix it please! Thanks

THE GOLDEN KING
01-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Juuuuuuuussst a quick question!!! Why are so many people furious about leaderboard? Not to be mean or anything but all you get is a banner at the end of the season. Which is nice and all but I mean come on guys it’s just a banner. Why don’t some of y’all raise personal goals like 10m pve kills or something. That would be exciting.

Gufugufutwo
01-15-2019, 11:08 PM
You can't even spell haha keep twisting the words around doesn't make you look any smarter :)

you didn't have a better comeback, so you decided to attack me over a mistype.. lol get some better comebacks buddy :3

Kairihearts
01-15-2019, 11:31 PM
you didn't have a better comeback, so you decided to attack me over a mistype.. lol get some better comebacks buddy :3

You again for one I ain't your BUDDY lol dream on end of discussion ty.

Alghost
01-15-2019, 11:35 PM
hey I’m sorry I acted like a bad guy earlier, I was just having a bad day. I’m sorry.

i completely understand you’re apology is accepted. Hey I was having a bad day too, I’m sorry for acting like such a jerk.

Aww see I knew you both could work it out.

shadowronn
01-16-2019, 01:04 AM
This is like the case of standard oil, the players have complete control over LB and other's can't compete so STS steps in to offer one place per team.

Yeh
01-16-2019, 05:51 AM
We haven’t had any competition this season for timed runs.. if you’re complaining about ppl hogging the leaderboard.... I want to ask, have you even tried to get on it? I mean really tried hard. It is not supposed to be easy. I didn’t run the arena 25 times and get all those 25 spots. No I’ve done it thousands of times. Arena is simple. Kill the boss instantly, then it all comes down to how fast the person standing at the door to start the next boss is and his ping. Hauntlet....... idk how they do it so fast (I think they do it with thinks for some reason) Raid I’ve never been on. A lot of the easier maps are probably not worth trying unless you have atleast 420% movement speed. But the upper maps like planar tombs, glintstone and up , we didn’t run with a lot of speed and they are very do-able. Last season a couple others dominated timed leaderboard, and me and the ppl I run with worked very very hard to finally get a few records in Nordr and tindirin. These timed runs take ALOT of practice and teamwork . I’m not sure why ppl are calling me pathetic for being on it so much

P.S.
I’m not saying I think this is a horrible idea and I hate it, it’s a little bit sketchy changing the machanics it such a big way close to the end of the season.. but whatever, it is what it be 😎

swoutttt
01-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Well if you can change this lb thing, you might as well bring back lb vanitys for the same reason :)

|Ares|
01-17-2019, 11:22 AM
We haven’t had any competition this season for timed runs.. if you’re complaining about ppl hogging the leaderboard.... I want to ask, have you even tried to get on it? I mean really tried hard. It is not supposed to be easy. I didn’t run the arena 25 times and get all those 25 spots. No I’ve done it thousands of times. Arena is simple. Kill the boss instantly, then it all comes down to how fast the person standing at the door to start the next boss is and his ping. Hauntlet....... idk how they do it so fast (I think they do it with thinks for some reason) Raid I’ve never been on. A lot of the easier maps are probably not worth trying unless you have atleast 420% movement speed. But the upper maps like planar tombs, glintstone and up , we didn’t run with a lot of speed and they are very do-able. Last season a couple others dominated timed leaderboard, and me and the ppl I run with worked very very hard to finally get a few records in Nordr and tindirin. These timed runs take ALOT of practice and teamwork . I’m not sure why ppl are calling me pathetic for being on it so much

P.S.
I’m not saying I think this is a horrible idea and I hate it, it’s a little bit sketchy changing the machanics it such a big way close to the end of the season.. but whatever, it is what it be ��

This

Besides its hours spend running some maps over and over again, doing same run hundreds of times just find that 1 pierce for a rogue that could skip a mob to give an extra second or that 1 spot for mage to shoot a clock perfectly to make the sweep faster.
But yeah, its all about "1 team is having all spots!111!!11!" No, not really. Work your way through, people hold spots for a reason.

Sky_is_epicgear
01-21-2019, 02:18 AM
The appeal for people to have LB banners is they ARE HARD TO GET. You go and make it easier for people to get on the LB , they start to lose their value. I wouldn't be so against this if there was a better reward for placing in the top spot. At least there would be a reason for people to put some effort into trying for more than "just a spot". I've had people ask me before if i can help them "get a spot". Sure i could but that's not how it works, you've got to earn it just like we did. You need good gear (gear is a big part of being able to be competitive) also experience and teamwork(probably the most important). I think someone said this already, but we haven't just run 25 times. I've put thousands of runs in, many of which are fails. There were days i tried all evening for not a single good time. Just put some more effort into it none of the times on there are impossible to beat.

I know a lot of you won't like what I'm saying. On a final note it's called a LEADERboard for reason.

Sent from my S2 LITE using Tapatalk