PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Bundles

ONOTHIMAGEN
07-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Hmm... Well I don't actualy understand if this should go in the new players forum, but I thought Ide give it a shot due to my question possibly being affiliated with my lack of experience.
Anywho, I was looking to buy a campaign bundle, when I noticed that the price of "the first four campaigns bundle" was more expensive than the other 2 bundles (comprised of 2 campaigns each) combined (by 1 platinum.)
Am I hallucinating? Is there any real advantage to shelling out 1 extra platinum for the "first 4 in one pack?" I know that 1 plat isn't really all that much, however when combined with the 3 plat from the survey, it could certainly make a difference.
Now, I really don't know if there is something that I just don't understand that would rationalize this ever so slightly difference in price. Can anyone help me understand what the better deal is (getting the 2 "2 in one packs for 10 plat each vs. Getting the "all 4 in one pack" for 21 plat?) The answer may be as obvious as I believe, however again: is there something I'm missing?

KingFu
07-14-2010, 12:19 AM
The bundle probably had newer maps. The newer the map, the more the price. Start off with the cheap one and when you get to a higher level, buy the other one! XD :D :P

ONOTHIMAGEN
07-14-2010, 12:53 AM
The bundle probably had newer maps. The newer the map, the more the price. Start off with the cheap one and when you get to a higher level, buy the other one! XD :D :P

Nope. I went back to check, and the "first 4 campaigns bundle" contains dark forest through the lost expedition for 21 plat. The "Dark + castle campaign bundle" contains dark forest and balefort castle for 10 plat. The "Fathom & Frost bundle" contains fathom crypts and the lost expedition for 10 plat.
Thus, if I were to buy the "first four campaigns" pack, I would lose 1 plat in comparison to simply buying the other 2 bundles... Correct?

KingFu
07-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Nope. I went back to check, and the "first 4 campaigns bundle" contains dark forest through the lost expedition for 21 plat. The "Dark + castle campaign bundle" contains dark forest and balefort castle for 10 plat. The "Fathom & Frost bundle" contains fathom crypts and the lost expedition for 10 plat.
Thus, if I were to buy the "first four campaigns" pack, I would lose 1 plat in comparison to simply buying the other 2 bundles... Correct?

Sneaky devs, huh? ;) Nice job noticing that BTW!

ONOTHIMAGEN
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Lol. I just wanted to see another human being telling me that I wasn't going insane. I think what they did, was reach the 21 plat price by comparing a reasonable price to overall cost of the 4 dungeons separately, and not to the cost of the other bundles... Thx for the quick response! Much appreciated :D Now I can go back to living life without having that deadly cloud of abominable confusion trying to make all of my toilet paper dissapear without my notice. D:

Violentsaint
07-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Lol. I just wanted to see another human being telling me that I wasn't going insane. I think what they did, was reach the 21 plat price by comparing a reasonable price to overall cost of the 4 dungeons separately, and not to the cost of the other bundles... Thx for the quick response! Much appreciated :D Now I can go back to living life without having that deadly cloud of abominable confusion trying to make all of my toilet paper dissapear without my notice. D:

lol, welcome to the forums dude, and nice spotting that :)

Snakespeare
07-14-2010, 08:52 AM
The prices were individually higher, then they had sales and then permanent price reductions, resulting in the current prices. Good eye. There may be another price change when alien oasis 3 comes out. That is when they usually change them.

Avh
07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Haha, noticed this too. Also, the first two campaign bundle costs exactly the same as buying campaigns separate (10 vs. 4+6). It can be little confusing, because for a moment I thought I would get something extra (like extra eq) if I buy in bundle, but then decided to buy first, second and then bundle of third and forth in that order.