PDA

View Full Version : Please, can the experience stay like this?

bronislav84
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is making the game more fun?

You don't need to play for hours upon hours to level up like this. Can gain like half a level a day even playing casual. This is how the xp should be.

I wish I could have partaken in this longer, but I was busy IRL so only started up again on the 25th. Only got two levels, and 55 now.

Who agrees?

SuperNas
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Tbh I never really payed attention to how long it takes me to level. I just hop on when I can...sometimes I play for 5 minutes...other times i v played a full 10 hrs. As for fun, game needs more content.

blahggart
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
well, it would take away a little of the gameplay, for people who grinded to 60+ without the boost would be proud yes, but could feel cheated, for they had to do it without the boost, i was grounded so i couldnt play much but im okay without the exp boost going away

Chiuey
11-30-2011, 01:44 AM
The fun part was that they shortened the XP for us for a limited amount of time.

If the XP were to shortened since the beginning, it wouldn't be as entertaining because of the short amount of time it takes to reach the top. What to do once you're at the elite level? Boss? What else? Wait for another cap level? The fun was in the process of leveling, if you understand what I mean. You'll feel proud of how much time you put in it and what you've achieved :)

There are many addicted players out there that plays this game x amount hours a day.

javier995
11-30-2011, 02:08 AM
The fun part was that they shortened the XP for us for a limited amount of time.

If the XP were to shortened since the beginning, it wouldn't be as entertaining because of the short amount of time it takes to reach the top. What to do once you're at the elite level? Boss? What else? Wait for another cap level? The fun was in the process of leveling, if you understand what I mean. You'll feel proud of how much time you put in it and what you've achieved :)

There are many addicted players out there that plays this game x amount hours a day.

You hope onto SL, spend some plat there to get to elite lvl. Then take a rest and wait for new content. :)

Arterra
11-30-2011, 05:41 AM
yikes, you mean the november xp-a-thon? IMO it just means more people rushing towards the fact that after they find little to do they will just complain for more content. The final levels should take a solid amount of time to complete. Not a mindless amount, mind you, but it should be an achievement.

bronislav84
11-30-2011, 05:35 PM
So basically people are against this? It's getting harder and harder for a casual player to level up.

StompArtist
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Let's see what they do. I think they are trying to find the right balancing act for hardcore players and casual alike.

blahggart
11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
from sam here
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44090-In-Honor-of-1-Year-on-the-Android-Platform-Pocket-Legends-Exp-Changes-Are-Permanent

bronislav84
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
That makes me happy. Guess this thread can be closed now, huh?

Tvis
11-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm with you bronislav84. The devs have content ready, but the community needs more time. I hate grinding for hours on end and simply don't have the time anymore. Hardcore is a great idea, but as it was, the casual players have been having a rough time. If STS can keep the updates rolling in as they have, then people will spend the same time leveling, with the difference in getting more out of it.

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
So basically people are against this? It's getting harder and harder for a casual player to level up.

I know I am strongly against it, but for different reasons.

The reason is because it creates low-skill players who do not play well. The lower the xp requirements, the easier it is for players to advance to the next level, thinking that they are competent. Given the jump in difficulty since Nuri, I strongly feel that the xp requirements should be returned and perhaps even increased. Perhaps the difficulty of the Sewers should be increased somewhat to make the transition more "smooth".

This game has become a game where if you want to be a level cap player, you're not going to be able to do so as a casual player. When I see players that have difficulties playing effectively with a 4X elixir, I know something is wrong.

Edit:

That said, I do have things that I feel STS needs to change, and I will make a post in a couple of weeks.

bronislav84
12-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Are you serious? STS always tries to cater to the casuals first, which is why they made the xp change permanent.

The majority of players DO NOT have time to grind out 10k xp for a single level in one sitting.

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Are you serious? STS always tries to cater to the casuals first, which is why they made the xp change permanent.

The majority of players DO NOT have time to grind out 10k xp for a single level in one sitting.

The majority of players will not be able to play end game effectively without an elixir. Ever try PUGs without elixirs in level cap? Enemies hit much harder there. Many can't even play well with an elixir.

bronislav84
12-01-2011, 02:12 PM
All true, which is bothersome.

I die a lot now in Nuri in the absence of a bear, but it's not like that's my fault. I'm a squishy mage. I play as skillfully as I can, and refuse to use combo elixir to get rid of.my skill.