PDA

View Full Version : Botting

Fao
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Are y'all going to make a report button for botting? Yall need to, I have seen conversations on PL about people sharing hacking websites so they can create bots! Y'all need to make a button for replying this because there will probably be bots very very soon! I am not going to be one of them because I know it is a violation and that it is cheating. Please consider this!

Thank you,

Faoeskekie

javier995
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Bots? Explain please sir.

Fao
11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
ANd also people can create alternate accounts on STS forums and thank all their main accounts posts, what should y'all do about this? And lastly hundreds or thousands of people who have been banned from the game permanently have now created new accounts on the PC and Macs, so now we have almost all the cheaters and game abusing people back! :(

Fao
11-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Bots? Explain please sir. people can get on there computers and set up a program or botting system so it can control things for them, so they can level up or farm things without touching anything. People do this All the time in runescape, so I quit the game because of this.

javier995
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
ANd also people can create alternate accounts on STS forums and thank all their main accounts posts, what should y'all do about this? And lastly hundreds or thousands of people who have been banned from the game permanently have now created new accounts on the PC and Macs, so now we have almost all the cheaters and game abusing people back! :(

You could have edited your post bud. For the who do the forum thing, they just want to get noticed by devs. That's all imo.

Bots? Explain please sir. people can get on there computers and set up a program or botting system so it can control things for them, so they can level up or farm things without touching anything. People do this All the time in runescape, so I quit the game because of this.

Ahhh I see. Takes out the fun of grinding imo.

Cytokinesis
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Google Chrome is very hard to hack

Fao
11-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes I know, but I know some crazy people who will do anything and everything to create a system to do this. So I guess it's better to create the button in advance.

Cytokinesis
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Yes I know, but I know some crazy people who will do anything and everything to create a system to do this. So I guess it's better to create the button in advance.
im pretty sure STS already thought about all this and already made precautions

Lowlyspy
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Well if nothing else you can just send an email to support with the botter's name and evidence that leads them to check the account, I believe there is a way they can tell if an account is botted or not.

mugen
11-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Perhaps STS will pimp said botter like apple did with comex to make their games unbottable again lol :)

Jk guys lol

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

drewcapu
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Aren't the regular booting methods available in PL/SL via Chrome?

Also, just because it's on chrome doesn't mean things can't be automated. I'd actually be interested in chatting/pm'ing some devs about ways to catch possible botting.

Kaarataka
11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
You could have edited your post bud. For the who do the forum thing, they just want to get noticed by devs. That's all imo.

I find that funny since devs can easily see what ip posted on the forums.

Sorcererssoul
11-30-2011, 04:46 AM
I can remember that a while back someone found out a botter. I think Ricci told me back then, so he can confirm this.
He made a game in catacombs, killed 3 mobs then made a new cata game.
He already had farmed 90k kills, and when you asked him something he didn't reply.
This guy probably did something to his device, but it seems possible to let him use some sort of script to do this automaticly.

Aikiebo
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Ahhh I see. Takes out the fun of grinding imo.

The fact that he double posted is not the biggest problem in the world, not a real big reason to even mention it.

And botting, not only takes the fun out of a game. Botting gone wild can literally destroy/kill a game. Mainly by controlling the market. Botting in other games is a HUGE problem. I like the idea in the op. I don't think it is needed (cuz, people can just do normal reports to sts). However, if botting becomes a largescale problem, then this op's idea is perfect.

Flip
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
We are able to locate, pursue, and ban botters very aggressively, more than that I won't say. Rest assured it is something we are staying aware of. If you do come across someone you are pretty certain is botting then you can use the in-game report system just as you would for other exploits or inappropriate behavior.

Artentreri
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Anyone ever play Wolfenstein et? That game was awesome when people modded it, no grav, snowball launching RPGs, and the insta kill pistol maps, golden eye style. Those were awesome. I never played runescape, but I played dragon fable for awhile and there was a trainer that let you turn into a chicken and stuff. So sometimes it's fun, but when it's just used to "be the best" then it's just ends up being no fun. I mean, if you get to the max level and get all the best stuff in a matter of say a week, what is gonna make it fun after that ya know?

Nick41324
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I never even thought about botters O.o

We are able to locate, pursue, and ban botters very aggressively
You must feel so powerful just writing that. ;)

Artentreri
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
"he knows if youve been bad or good, so be good for goodness sakes." haha.

Flip
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM

It's shiny. I named it Steve.

Swimmingstar
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM

(A little off-topic)
I want to see thelonearcher pvp lol.

zeusabe
12-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Botting is like a virus, once it's there, it's very hard to stop. I guarantee, those people saying that botting should be stopped will have a change in heart once they gain access to a botting program, it's human nature. Even the most righteous would find it hard to turn their back on great power, saying otherwise, is pure hypocrisy. When people tell you not to do something, you secretly sniff around...taste it...tastes good? grab it. The only people that will go against botting are the game developers and those players who do not have access to it. There will always be ways for hackers to find a loophole (note that PL is not really a perfect program as many of you notice a lot of bugs that are even more prevalent than more sophisticated mmo's). Hackers nowadays are at the level of genius where they can go inside the pentagon , fbi...even private companies like google was hacked by chinese dudes. I'm not being a hater, but I'm keeping it real. WoW was infiltrated and these guys back at Blizzard aren't really stupid right. This is my take on botting, at PL's current state, those people who normally take interest in selling third-party programs known as "robots" aka bots are busy targeting other games and they are just letting the air build up because what's the point of hacking a game now when they can hack it when its bigger, realize that most independent hackers are in it for the "fame", and pocket legends isn't really a "household" name as of the moment for them to get enough recognition. Realize that a success of the bot program is dependent on the players' greed for power, and 99% of it has that, you may deny it now, but trust me, when you get it and you're the only one who has it (to your knowledge), you'll have a hard time rejecting it. In fact, this has been recognized in some games and actually made botting "legal" LOL, that's a fact. Ty.

Nick41324
12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Google Chrome is very hard to hack
They don't need to "hack" anything. Some (stupid) people use things called auto-clickers and other more complicated things for games like runescape and WoW that will actually mine ore for you and return it to your bank.

(back in the day... I would report and often get people banned for using bots in runescape).

Ayc2000
12-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I agree with with the point but what made me laugh is that you said you saw someone sharing hacking sites publicly. That in itself defeats the purpose of keeping the hacking a secret. It's like they want to be banned or something XD

helpguy
12-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Hmm well the devs are probably on it, and it's kinda obvious when ur playing with a botter they get fast kills (like 1 hit kills like a lvl 53 at nuris getting 1 hit kills) and extremely fast also getting all pink drops sometimes I think maybe not haha (I don't know muchabout botting do correct me I I'm wrong haha)

arischal
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I never even thought about botters O.o

You've all seen the stats on his characters. Imagine the powers he has in real life.....

Pharcyde
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Idk when first documented case of botting was in PL, but there are several undocumented cases of botting very early on in PL's history. 6-7 months ago.

And for chrome, you don't even have to hack chrome. There are certain extensions you can download directly from the chrome store that already make such things like botting possible. Very easy for STS to catch though, since most of the programs use insane amounts of data. So if your thinking about looking one up, think twice about whether you enjoy your account or not, 99% guarantee your banned.