PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm 55. Get Enchanted or skip and keep Shadow?

bronislav84
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Back when the cap was 55/56 I farmed sewers for enough money to get a Shadow Wand set. It was great for the months I was locked at 52. I've been in Nuri since 53 joining games, and got to 55 today.

My problem is that I haven't recouped my losses from buying Shadow set and can't buy a MM set, but Enchanted Wand set is fairly cheap for some odd reason. I have about 260k and change.

I die a lot in PUGs where we don't got a bear, and have gone over 500 deaths now (About 300 of which are from trap crits from when I was farming).

I was thinking of trading the Shadow Wand set for a Sentinel Talon set which will be good for my bird later, as this is also a hard to obtain set that costs over a mil like Shadow Wand set. So I won't have any extra money from selling the Shadow Wand set.

By the way I'm full Int.

What should I do guys? I could use the armor points, but it would break my wallet again and I've just started to have money again.

Cytokinesis
11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
IMHO, get Enchanted Staff Set, i loved it, used it all the way up to 60

bronislav84
11-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I dislike staffs and like having armor from the shield.

Cytokinesis
11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I dislike staffs and like having armor from the shield.
:O get MM wand then... pretty price-y tho...

Zapoke
11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Reason enchanted wand set is so cheap? It has terrible m/s. Yay! Lol. This won't affect PvE as much as PvP. PvE survivability may go up, as the h/s is high enough to rival fortified, I believe. Just buy... Lots of mana pots... And you'll be fine.

Butmegamageiswaybetterjustsaying.

:cool:

bronislav84
11-30-2011, 12:36 AM
I heard m/s on Enchanted is like 19 total max at 55? It's not horrible but definitely low.

I don't PVP. So Enchanted is worth getting then?

CodyBearr
11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Yup enchanted is the way to go price wise & health wise I could sell / trade you my MM set if you rather have MM though

The Flash
11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Normally no but since shadow is an elite stage set it retains much value after 3 new lv caps i would say yes. If you want to sell the shadow set let me know il buy it all at ones.

mackjack
11-30-2011, 01:06 AM
When I was 55/56 I had both sets, and I liked the enchanted set much better than the MM set.

For survivability, I think enchanted is better. You don't really need that high of mana regen every since GCD came into effect, and m/s for enchanted isn't that low -- the times that I needed to spam mana pots were when I'm in the middle of a big mob with mana shield on; otherwise, not so much.

So, yeah, for pve I think enchanted is worth getting.

NECROREAPER
11-30-2011, 01:07 AM
I know this isn't exactly related, but I used my hate set from 50-59 no problems.

The only thing is, that was a bear set and you're asking about Mage gear, but I think the concept still applies

Ladyviviane
11-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Back when the cap was 55/56 I farmed sewers for enough money to get a Shadow Wand set. It was great for the months I was locked at 52. I've been in Nuri since 53 joining games, and got to 55 today.

My problem is that I haven't recouped my losses from buying Shadow set and can't buy a MM set, but Enchanted Wand set is fairly cheap for some odd reason. I have about 260k and change.

I die a lot in PUGs where we don't got a bear, and have gone over 500 deaths now (About 300 of which are from trap crits from when I was farming).

I was thinking of trading the Shadow Wand set for a Sentinel Talon set which will be good for my bird later, as this is also a hard to obtain set that costs over a mil like Shadow Wand set. So I won't have any extra money from selling the Shadow Wand set.

By the way I'm full Int.

What should I do guys? I could use the armor points, but it would break my wallet again and I've just started to have money again.

I was pure Mage til 55 then I reset my stats skill point as str/int . I've noticed that I don't die as often as b4 . I had fortified n enchanted sets both gave great bonus n sparkles but didn't use much my enchanted set on battle . M on my way to 66 but still like 2 use lev 60 strongman glyph items on sewers n circus maps coz heal , man reg r wow n dps is very fast . Hope these info could use . Good luck 🍀

bronislav84
11-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Yup enchanted is the way to go price wise & health wise I could sell / trade you my MM set if you rather have MM thoughI'm sure I can't afford it, thanks though.
Normally no but since shadow is an elite stage set it retains much value after 3 new lv caps i would say yes. If you want to sell the shadow set let me know il buy it all at ones.Not selling. I might trade it for a Sentinel Talon set though, since the value is roughly the same. Once I get the Enchanted that is.

By the way I'm full Int.

I was pure Mage til 55 then I reset my stats skill point as str/int . I've noticed that I don't die as often as b4 . I had fortified n enchanted sets both gave great bonus n sparkles but didn't use much my enchanted set on battle . M on my way to 66 but still like 2 use lev 60 strongman glyph items on sewers n circus maps coz heal , man reg r wow n dps is very fast . Hope these info could use . Good luckSorry, not helpful since I'm staying full Int. Thanks though.

Kelstrick
11-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Bronislav84, let me take a different stance on this. Since you mentioned you unlocked and just climbed to 55, I'm going to assume you're going to continue to climb the dreaded xp ladder to at least 60 and hopefully beyond. ;-)

With that said, since you mentioned you were trying to increase armor while not breaking the bank, here is a thought. Instead of going with an Enchanted or Mega Mage Set at 55, how about a "broken" set to climb the ladder which provides just as much if not more armor at an afforable price but also provides a better balance for Mana Regen that Enchanted does not. (I crafted my MM set to Enchanted and was extremely disappointed in how many Mana pots I had to "chew" to remain effective, so I ended up breaking my set at 56 to be a Mage again. ;-p)

Enchanted Gemstone Cowl Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 29 Armor (+2 Int & +1 Armor over MM)
Enchanted Gemstone Robes Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 55 Armor (+2 Int over MM)
Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand Req: Level 55, 173 Int 118-152 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Int, 8 M/s, 10 Armor (+8 M/s over Enchanted, Armor same as Enchanted and better than 56/58/60 wands, damage close enough to the MM Gemstone "set" wand [+6 on the min damge, -6 on the high damage, so call it a wash...], for me its worth the cost savings)

And then the diamond in the rough the TROUBADOUR UNBLINKING EYE: (a green drop that you'll pick up form the mobs, doesn't get any cheaper than that)
Level 56 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 36 Armor (+3 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
Level 58 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 37 Armor (+4 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
Level 60 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 38 Armor (+5 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)

Or you can go with a "junk pink" Nuri's Imhotep Eye 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 40 Armor (Level 60 stats can't find the 56 or 58 stats right now...) These used to sell around ~7K gold in CS but I haven't looked in a long time.

Ok, so this delays your bracer purchase until 56 but hopefully with the money you've saved between 55 & 60 you can then buy a Demonic set @ 60 which should carry you easily to 65. Trust me, you'll love the Demonic set and the delay in pretty sparkles between 55 & 60 will be worth the wait!

Good luck and hope to see you in game!

nomad187
11-30-2011, 07:05 AM
I kept my Shadow set on until I was seriously levelin in in Nuri's. It was still a better set, but the lower was hurting me I felt. I switched to a sewer queen cowl and robes, with enchanted wand and bracer. That gave me better m/s than using full enchanted, and I still had good armor, h/s, dmg, etc.

Moogerfooger
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Also take a look at the lvl 55 Lowman's Wand/Bracer, with SQ robes and a MM Helm, if you can afford it....was a pretty cheap setup I used on my mage up until 58 or so, and was pretty solid all around if I recall. Didn't excel in any one stat, but was decent-for-cheap all around.

Tamino
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
I used Enchanted Staff set from 55 to 60; it is relatively cheap and gives enough survivability, better than all Nuri's greens (Nuri's pinks may be better, but if you are targeting 60 why spend money before?) As stated by others, a little mana pot consumption is an unwanted side effect, but you easily can manage it (Never tried a bird with RR? Forget it). Only my experience, of course.

Pink-O-Mat
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
go to http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?43709-Int-Set-s to easily compare those sets :D

bronislav84
11-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Bronislav84, let me take a different stance on this. Since you mentioned you unlocked and just climbed to 55, I'm going to assume you're going to continue to climb the dreaded xp ladder to at least 60 and hopefully beyond. ;-)

With that said, since you mentioned you were trying to increase armor while not breaking the bank, here is a thought. Instead of going with an Enchanted or Mega Mage Set at 55, how about a "broken" set to climb the ladder which provides just as much if not more armor at an afforable price but also provides a better balance for Mana Regen that Enchanted does not. (I crafted my MM set to Enchanted and was extremely disappointed in how many Mana pots I had to "chew" to remain effective, so I ended up breaking my set at 56 to be a Mage again. ;-p)

Enchanted Gemstone Cowl Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 29 Armor (+2 Int & +1 Armor over MM)
Enchanted Gemstone Robes Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 55 Armor (+2 Int over MM)
Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand Req: Level 55, 173 Int 118-152 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Int, 8 M/s, 10 Armor (+8 M/s over Enchanted, Armor same as Enchanted and better than 56/58/60 wands, damage close enough to the MM Gemstone "set" wand [+6 on the min damge, -6 on the high damage, so call it a wash...], for me its worth the cost savings)

And then the diamond in the rough the TROUBADOUR UNBLINKING EYE: (a green drop that you'll pick up form the mobs, doesn't get any cheaper than that)
Level 56 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 36 Armor (+3 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
Level 58 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 37 Armor (+4 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
Level 60 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 38 Armor (+5 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)

Or you can go with a "junk pink" Nuri's Imhotep Eye 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 40 Armor (Level 60 stats can't find the 56 or 58 stats right now...) These used to sell around ~7K gold in CS but I haven't looked in a long time.

Ok, so this delays your bracer purchase until 56 but hopefully with the money you've saved between 55 & 60 you can then buy a Demonic set @ 60 which should carry you easily to 65. Trust me, you'll love the Demonic set and the delay in pretty sparkles between 55 & 60 will be worth the wait!

Good luck and hope to see you in game!I'm strictly casual with PL but yes I do plan to level up as time allows.

So wow this is informative. And this setup comes out comparable in armor and damage to a full Enchanted with set bonus counted but still better in m/s? And at a bargain price?

Cytokinesis
11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
A good cheap build for me was: MM helm, SQ robes, MM star wand, and lowmans bracer....

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Reason enchanted wand set is so cheap? It has terrible m/s. Yay! Lol. This won't affect PvE as much as PvP. PvE survivability may go up, as the h/s is high enough to rival fortified, I believe. Just buy... Lots of mana pots... And you'll be fine.

Butmegamageiswaybetterjustsaying.

:cool:

Unfortunately, the H/S won't be very useful outside of the Sewers, where enemies hit much harder.

Nonetheless, enchanted is a better choice for pure PvE. It's hit% is a bit higher, it does a bit more damage, and there's the crit bonus. For PvP/PvE, go MM.

KingFu
12-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I heard m/s on Enchanted is like 19 total max at 55? It's not horrible but definitely low.

I don't PVP. So Enchanted is worth getting then?

Max is 13 MS I believe. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're int bird/bear. My bear used it, and it worked well, but when I tried it on Mage, I couldn't stand it. I'd sell shadow and go for MM. Get some extra gold out of it and an awesome wand set. Or you can just go MM wand + bracer with SQ helm + armor.

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Max is 13 MS I believe. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're int bird/bear. My bear used it, and it worked well, but when I tried it on Mage, I couldn't stand it. I'd sell shadow and go for MM. Get some extra gold out of it and an awesome wand set. Or you can just go MM wand + bracer with SQ helm + armor.

On a pure int, you can get 19M/S with staff.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Fbp9x7MXKIE/TccIHZiy-zI/AAAAAAAAAQY/SZ6Am4M6VLw/s800/Enchanted%252520Build%25252056.png

Edit:
1 M/S extra from revive.

Kelstrick
12-01-2011, 07:05 AM
And this setup comes out comparable in armor and damage to a full Enchanted with set bonus counted but still better in m/s? And at a bargain price?

Ok, here is some "math in public" so I apologize in advance if I got the numbers wrong.

With your position that you want a shield for armor, I've got the Enchanted Gemstone Wand/Bracer Load Out with Set Bonus at:

56 Int, 36 H/s, 4 M/s, 133 Armor, +2 Dodge

My recommended poor man's load out with Troubador Eye

52 Int, 10 H/s, 12 M/s, 130 Armor

And with Nuri's Imhotep Eye

62 Int, 21 H/s, 13 M/s, 132 Armor (assuming 56 Nuri's Imhotep Eye at 38 Armor)

Ok, so with Nuri's Imhotep Eye you give up 1 pt of Armor but improved Int by 6 pts and your M/s by 9 pts. Sure you give up 15 pts of H/s, but if you're with a good party you shouldn't be taking the heat from Sewer or Nuri mobs. (After all you're a pure INT mage, not a Pally, so stay back and let the bears take the heat!)

I don't have access to CS, but I believe the cost savings between the MM Gem Star wand & Nuri Imhotep Eye is going to be huge, Huge, HUGE compared to the price of an Enchanted Gemstone Wand & Enchanted Bracer. (Note, I think only the Gemstone Wand generates the Set Bonus, so don't get fooled by a lower price for an Enchanted Gem Star Wand as there is good reason why its less expensive!)

Finally, I can't stress strongly enough how disappointed I believe you will be by the lack of M/s with the Enchanted Wand/Bracer, especially as a Pure Int Mage. Honestly, I didn't find myself chewing a few Mana Pots but ALOT of them to remain effective, which is why I broke my Enchanted Wand/Bracer set as soon as I could pick up some Nuri gear at 56. I know alot of people are attracted to the pretty sparkles of set gear, but the sparkles of Enchanted are not worth the heartache of chewing pots which is probably why you see it so much cheaper than MM.

B/L: make the small investment for the "junk pink" Nuri Imhotep Eye load out and bank your Enchanted savings for Demonic at 60.

bronislav84
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I will get your setup then Kel. I can afford it on a 270k budget right? And would I be able to resell it for the same price I got it for?

If anything I'll just get regular Glyph at 60 if I can't afford Demonic, which seems kinda likely right now.

Almost 56 as of last night.

Kelstrick
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Just checked CS, here are the prices I see:

Enchanted Cowl: 45K
Enchanted Robe: 24K
MM Gem Star Wand: 30K
Nuri Imhotep Eye: 149K

Total: 248K

I'll leave it up to you to chose whether to buy the Nuri Imhotep Eye or just grab a Troubador Eye from a mob drop. I believe Gustav the Strong Man from the House of Pain drops bracers/shields, so if you don't buy you may want to focus your farming there.

EDIT: Sorry, no idea on resell value as with the exception of trying to find a "poor man's loadout" I don't really play the merchant side of this game. Hopefully there is someone following this thread that can provide you some solid feedback on how stable 55 & 56 gear prices are.

EDIT 2: For fun I went to check out prices for Enchanted (60K) and Mega Mage (99K) bracers and Enchanted (49K) and MM (39K) Wands to see what the set price would be. Since armor is your primary goal, I don't think the 3 pts you gain over the Troubador Eye is worth the 178K that an Enchanted Set would run nor the 243K that a MM Set would cost. I was really hoping the Nuri Imhotep Eye price was going to be more in line with its 60 counterpart which is running 12K. I never would have thought a 56 Eye would cost 10 times more than a 60! Ok, I'm going to stop before I add anymore to this Great American Novel. (However, add me in game if you want me to help you farm House of Pain!)

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
@Kelstrick:

You are comparing sewer gear with nuri gear. The higher level gear will always out-perform the lower level gear. Particularly given the crits on the mage sets. Get the Nuri's stuff at level 56 - the crit is very good.

bronislav84
12-02-2011, 12:33 AM
No, he's comparing a mix of level 55/56 gear to a Enchanted set which I can afford and shouldn't get to the MM and full Nuri items at 56 neither of which I can't afford a full set of, and giving me options on what to wear at this level. On a meager budget.

zeusabe
12-02-2011, 08:03 AM
...when I was 55, I wore an Enchanted Wand Set but dreamed of having a Glowstick Shadow Set...XD

bronislav84
12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
That's so backwards Zeus, since Enchanted is higher level.

Then again considering Shadow is -technically- better, I'm not really surprised.

KingFu
12-02-2011, 06:15 PM
On a pure int, you can get 19M/S with staff.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Fbp9x7MXKIE/TccIHZiy-zI/AAAAAAAAAQY/SZ6Am4M6VLw/s800/Enchanted%252520Build%25252056.png

Edit:
1 M/S extra from revive.

I was referring to wand set:) Hehe.

WhoIsThis
12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I was referring to wand set:) Hehe.

I cannot recall, but someone was reportedly able to get 14M/S on wand. It may simply be because they were higher level and the extra int gave them 1M/S extra though. I cannot remember and you'll have to experiment to see.