PDA

View Full Version : PvP System Reward

Avaree
01-18-2019, 07:55 AM
The imbalance of PvP items has made PvP rooms empty. Roughly 10 top players play. Many other players DF.

Why not do a token system reward?
Tokens can be earned by winning matches.
Tokens could be used to buy special PvP gear.

A PvP vendor could sell pvp items:

AB (account bound) that would be superior to normal gear but equal to other vendor gear, and could be used only in a certain "special" PvP room.
Maybe add some never seen before vanities that are AB in the vendor too.

Awakening System:
Limit the awakening values E.g. max armor % can be 2 per slot, not 5 like now.

IF there is a type of system reward of tokens, it could attracted more players, limiting the room for dummy farmers, bringing pvp active again at end game.

Fake_Stats
01-18-2019, 08:02 AM
+1 i like the idea but sadly i think sts doesnt care about pvp

Послато са SM-A600G уз помоћ Тапатока

slaaayerrr
01-18-2019, 08:07 AM
imo: pvp with any rewards = more df

but its good idea to make pvp more active

Chenie
01-18-2019, 08:13 AM
+1 nice initiative

Similar to festerfang arena sets, but dedicated to a PvP ... seems feasible knowing that all elements are already implemented.
The awakening system doesn't need change, just the awakening list for those items needs to be tuned so it make sense

Nocturnus
01-18-2019, 08:14 AM
Sounds good.. And with those tokens they could give a pvp set with a bonus or skill superior to the rest of the gears but only activate in pvp areas without awakens or jewels .. that would balance the classes enough

Avaree
01-18-2019, 08:14 AM
imo: pvp with any rewards = more df

but its good idea to make pvp more active

Maybe, but if the rewards are attractive enough, means more population in PvP, less room for DF. That was my thoughts initially, too.

Fake_Stats
01-18-2019, 08:19 AM
Maybe, but if the rewards are attractive enough, means more population in PvP, less room for DF. That was my thoughts initially, too.Yea true

Послато са SM-A600G уз помоћ Тапатока

slaaayerrr
01-18-2019, 08:36 AM
means more population in PvP, less room for DF

these 2 things aren't connected while ctf rooms closing after 4th flag.

Avaree
01-18-2019, 11:07 AM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132854-Suggestion-to-fix-CTF

Above is another suggestive thread (:

Avaree
01-18-2019, 12:08 PM
these 2 things aren't connected while ctf rooms closing after 4th flag.

The tokens could be earned in any PvP room. In CTF, the rooms should not lock after 4 flags, they should be fixed to always be open. This has been over looked for years.

Avaree
01-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Other thoughts in addition to tokens:
Plat purchase options

Invulnerability for 3 seconds activated upon death/respawn.
Revive where you died.
Flagger's speed decreased for one room.

PsychoNuke
01-20-2019, 04:22 AM
+1 to OP. I been stressing on PVP specific sets and nerf on pvp awakes for a while, hope they take that direction.
Including my posts here to keep everything at one place:
Post#9: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?439481-MAKE-AL-PvP-GREAT-AGAIN&p=2916315#post2916315
Post#8: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?439430-Very-Important-question-for-the-developers-please-read-this-)&p=2915888#post2915888

-1 to post #11.
Instant resurrection is as bad as instant kills.
Instead of enabling speed debuff for plat they should just disable haste sets in pvp and make players use the speed buff available in pvp zone.
And most importantly the spawn area should be off limit for other team to enter.

Dummy Farming: There are players who will exploit anything or everything irrespective, its just their nature. I don't think there is any issue tilll the time the token rewards are bound to character and pvp leader board is off. + I believe it will be hard for people to dummy farm if pvp instance are always active.

jjperez
01-20-2019, 06:49 AM
just disable the awakenings on pvp

PatD
01-22-2019, 09:11 AM
Sorry but i think PVP+REWARD= Abuse and exploit

I think one thing that would encourage more people to join PVP and would be very easy to implement is to allow Ultimate in all PVP,
this way even people with bad gears can expect to get a kill or two when they play, maybe i'm wrong but since they have remove ultimate from fester i don't like as much going there. ( it is very exciting to wait for our ultimate and empty the floor in a second :) )

Thank you

yacos
06-22-2019, 09:07 AM
+1 very good idea