PDA

View Full Version : Animes

Sorcererssoul
11-30-2011, 06:02 AM
(I know there is already an Naruto thread but this is more like an all anime thread :))

Hey all,

A while ago I started watching animes.
Before this I never even heard of animes but I enjoy it alot.
I have watched naruto subbed up until episode 220 I think, at least it was the last manga content episode. Anyway, I dont waste my time on those fillers :D
Also I have watched DB and DBZ (DBZ halfway, gets way too much of the same, not offending DB fans though ;))
Just a week ago I finished DEATH NOTE, best anime I have seen yet.
Also have watched bleach, but I dont know why, it didnt really get to me.

Now I want to ask you guys:
Are you into animes? If so, which 1 do you recommend me to watch?
Also this is an discussion/recommendation thread, no Naruto vs One piece vs Bleach flame wars please:)

Like to hear about the anime fans here :)

DJMdivine
11-30-2011, 06:28 AM
DBZ brings back bery good memories. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid and was so very excited for every new episode. Even though just to watch the new episode it took like 15 minutes for the narator to stop talking and you find out "hey, thats half the episode". On another note, I didnt really keep up with Death Note, but I watched a couple of episodes and without a doubt I did get pulled towards it.

Sorcererssoul
11-30-2011, 06:43 AM
There has been a thread made by redryder about naruto.
If you even take the time to read the first sentence, you see I mentioned red's thread, ugh.

DBZ brings back bery good memories. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid and was so very excited for every new episode. Even though just to watch the new episode it took like 15 minutes for the narator to stop talking and you find out "hey, thats half the episode". On another note, I didnt really keep up with Death Note, but I watched a couple of episodes and without a doubt I did get pulled towards it.
Ah, I really suggest you should try to watch Death Note online, it is really psychological and you really get impressed with how the writer really thought about plottwists :)

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Memories indeed. Slam Dunk, Gatekeepers, Curious Play - a lot are actually from AXN anime. Lol!

Cooking Master Boy and that fishing anime was really good too :)

Oh, and my personal favorite, Flame of Recca! :D

WDBD ElementZ
11-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Three good animes iv watched are Soul Eater , D-Grayman , Kenichi the Mightiest Diceiple sorry if I mispelled

thequickone
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of anime! :D

I have watched all of Naruto and up to around episode 150, or so of Naruto Shippuden. That show is great fun, but sometimes lacks in substance/forward momentum. I'll save the rest of my thoughts about it for a post in the Naruto thread someday...

I just couldn't get into the DB/DBZ scene. Honestly, I never could tell what all the fuss was about... :p

Had a hard time getting past the first couple episodes of Death Note. Does it get better? I think that show holds some promise. Maybe I'm just holding out hope that my wife will watch it with me.

Here's my short list of must see anime:

Movies:
If you haven't already seen them, you must pay tribute to a couple titles that, in my opinion, have made anime what it is today; Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Ghost in the Shell (the original, not the sequels/spin-offs). I'm sure other people would put other titles on that list, but I consider those the Godfather titles of Anime.

TV Shows:
Some of my recent favorites; Durarara, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo (see my sig!), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Baccano. That's all I can think of atm...

Enjoy! Let us know if you come across something we must see. ;)

Wretch
11-30-2011, 11:52 PM
If you haven't already seen them, you must pay tribute to a couple titles that, in my opinion, have made anime what it is today; Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Ghost in the Shell (the original, not the sequels/spin-offs). I'm sure other people would put other titles on that list, but I consider those the Godfather titles of Anime.

Well said!... I might also add vampire hunter D!

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Watched all Naruto, Bleach, One piece etc and read the Manga's. Big fan of the DB franchise DB/DBZ/DBGT watched all of them plus the movies. I'm a massive fan of Anime and have watched so many its hard to name them all.

Films; got to agree with Quick spot on. Also mostly all of the Studio Ghibli collection, some look so silly but you watch them and the story they tell is absolutely amazing, heart felt and all that. (Buy one or 2 for every bday my sis has :p)

Anime series; I vouch for Kenchi: History Strongest Disciple and the Manga's both Kenichi and D-Grayman only have 51 eps so it's always sad to see them end but the Manga's continue where they left off. Also like Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, FullMetal Alchemist, Devil May Cry, Tenichi Muyo, Baccano, Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic, Heroic Age.

Old school; Fist of the North Star (First Series/Film to watch) , Trigun, Beserker, Vampire Hunter X, Guyver, Outlaw Star, Sexy Commando (Onebof the funniest/Wierdest Anime ever made), Afro Samurai, InuYasha.

Did I mention.. I'm a Anime fanatic?? ;)

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I fn love anime! My first for sure was DBZ. I'd draw the characters over and over religiously while I'd watch the episodes. I used to hate it since my cousins ate slept and breathed DBZ and always had it on when I wanted to watch my Marvel shows lol, but the turning point with me was when Goku turned super saiyan and defeated frieza. It was too epic for me to sleep on DBZ. I loved all the anime's that were featured on Cartoon Networks Morning Sun time frame and on Toonami. So that means I got into InuYasha Ruroni Kenshin Sailor Moon (my female cousin would make me watch it.. She was 2-3 years older lol) and Gundam wing, for the cool robots since I couldn't understand the story at all or could care less lol.

Of course Yugioh and Pokemon too. Now my main anime's are bleach and Naruto. I watched all the episodes in bleach to the final battle with aizen, and Naruto to the 4th great ninja war beggining, but I read the chapters in the manga before I watched it. The anime went too slow for me with all of their fillers, so I started reading instead.

Fao
12-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not into watching animes

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm more into the reading myself.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm not into watching animes

Manga's instead? Or none in general? If so why not? (Need to explain to make a post worth while)

Sorcererssoul
12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
The ones I have on my list simply from scrolling trough the internet are Neon genesis Evangelion, Full metal alchemist and Cowboy bebop.
Will go do an google search on all recommended series/films. Thx guys.
Btw manga's are not my thing, I prefer anime :)

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
The ones I have on my list simply from scrolling trough the internet are Neon genesis Evangelion, Full metal alchemist and Cowboy bebop.

Good choices, what kind of Anime are you into? Genre wise? Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Funny etc? Which ever you prefer I can suggest the ones more suited to you.

Sorcererssoul
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Good choices, what kind of Anime are you into? Genre wise? Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Funny etc? Which ever you prefer I can suggest the ones more suited to you.
Forgot to add Hunter x Hunter.
Uhhm but genre, I like an anime with a good laugh.
But after Death Note I think I like an anime where you need to use your head too. Only thing I dont want are horrors or that kind of genre, don't like it :)

Chang Yeo
12-01-2011, 10:33 AM
One piece my favourite, lots of episodes to watch through. I'm currently 2/3 way through and enjoying so far. Amazingly imaginative :)

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Forgot to add Hunter x Hunter.
Uhhm but genre, I like an anime with a good laugh.
But after Death Note I think I like an anime where you need to use your head too. Only thing I dont want are horrors or that kind of genre, don't like it :)

Thanks will keep it in mind, if I remember or come a across ones like that, will pass them your way.

Not watched Death Note anime, but heard good things about it, I have however watched the Death Note Films (In Jap, with subs, I dont do dubbed!) lol, so I know the basis on what the story is about.