PDA

View Full Version : I miss our vanitys :'(

brodiniozo
11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok first of all, I hate starting a thread bcus my english isnt good enuff, but ill try.

We need to be able to wear our original vanitys without losing our elite vanity stats! Nowadays everyone looks the same, especially in pvp.
I got almost every vanity there is, but ofc i dont wear them in pvp or even in pve..

Well thats it, what do u guys think?
How fun is it when everyone looks the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I have big luck in PL so I never get to wear a different vanity helm, but you gotta weigh the fact that you are getting a bonus vs people who can not get that bonus.

Nick41324
11-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I think it's a sacrificial thing.. You either look cool with decent normal stats, or you look ok and like everyone else, but you have sweet stats :D

I can see were your coming from tho. It can get a little boring seeing the same vanity items.

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I have big luck in PL so I never get to wear a different vanity helm, but you gotta weigh the fact that you are getting a bonus vs people who can not get that bonus.

I think that is brod's point. When you have the elite vanities, of course you want to use them. And because of that there is low customaizability, because all the vanty helms/armors/shields become obsolete and everyone who has it is wearing the same. I know tons of birds who look exactly like me (since the faces are the only thing thar may differ).

I admit that I don't like this loss of individuality, and it would be awesome if it would be changed.

brodiniozo
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I think that is brod's point. When you have the elite vanities, of course you want to use them. And because of that there is low customaizability, because all the vanty helms/armors/shields become obsolete and everyone who has it is wearing the same. I know tons of birds who look exactly like me (since the faces are the only thing thar may differ).

I admit that I don't like this loss of individuality, and it would be awesome if it would be changed.

Individuality! Thats the word im looking for!

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Good point and thanks for posting it Brodiniozo. It's a downfall of the elite vanities with stats - everyone is sporting that look and don't have a way to show off any other without sacrificing stats.

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Agree, this extends to other vanity stuff too, right? CoP + SH + Armor vanity, the only difference would be our faces and weapons. Lol.

I would go so far as to asking for another tier of gear just for the elite gear - something that the vanity would cover up :D

Gluttony
11-30-2011, 12:24 PM
So we would like vanity items to cover up our vanity items.

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM

As funny as it sounds, yeah. Lol.

Unless the whole concept of the elite stuff is changed, it'd only replace the older vanity items IMO.

This way, if you want to have the elite look, remove all vanities. For a more personal look, put on vanities.

CrimsonTider
11-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Hmmmm... very very eeeenteresting! Plat vanities cover persistant vanities... I think I like it.

Flippys
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't like it at all.

Seems to me everyone wants their cake and to eat it too.

CrimsonTider
11-30-2011, 01:08 PM

I have not seen anyone make any demanding statements or approach the realm of begging. Simple suggestion thread.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Actually, people want two cakes, and to be able to eat both. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

Flippys
11-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Actually, people want two cakes, and to be able to eat both. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

I think it's a sacrificial thing.. You either look cool with decent normal stats, or you look ok and like everyone else, but you have sweet stats :D

It is a choice that you are making. I choose not to wear my ugly elite vanity for my pretty vanities. So by allowing everyone to have and eat both cakes is a slap in the face to those that DO choose to sacrifice the stats to be vain.

Roc
11-30-2011, 03:10 PM
There could be a function that searches your inventory(not the stash, but the items you're carrying currently) for the elite items and if you have the correct combination for a bonus then you get the stat boost and the sparklies :)

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
It is a choice that you are making. I choose not to wear my ugly elite vanity for my pretty vanities. So by allowing everyone to have and eat both cakes is a slap in the face to those that DO choose to sacrifice the stats to be vain.

If I understand you correctly, this suggested system would benefit you the most? You'd get to be vain and get the stats as well - cake and eat it too. While those that dislike the uniformity of the elite vanity sets get to use other vanities to customize themselves - again, cake and eat it too. I can only seem to see a win-win, other than the added work or complexity to the devs for the system.

brodiniozo
11-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Btw, I think sts would make more money on vanitys if they change this..

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Btw, I think sts would make more money on vanitys if they change this..

I agree. One could actually bypass buying vanities entirely if they qualify for the elite vanities. If the trend continues, a vanity weapon would be the next elite vanity for the next campaign. Then everyone would really look identical other than the face paint.

Flippys
11-30-2011, 04:10 PM
If I understand you correctly, this suggested system would benefit you the most? You'd get to be vain and get the stats as well - cake and eat it too. While those that dislike the uniformity of the elite vanity sets get to use other vanities to customize themselves - again, cake and eat it too. I can only seem to see a win-win, other than the added work or complexity to the devs for the system.

I do not see it this way. Right now I am hearing the complaint that everyone looks the same because they feel that they have to wear the elite vanities. I like this system now because I choose to look pretty and not wear the elite vanities. So therefore I standout.

Now with the system that is being suggested, it will then make me look like everyone else, because everyone else didn't want to lose their stats from the elite vanities and now all look like my pretty characters. Thus I become part of the woodwork again.

The OP asked what everyone thought, and this is what I think about it. I don't like it. I like choosing between looking pretty or looking like everyone else. The suggested system takes away that choice.

I saw someone suggest in another thread to have 3 helm spots. Really? How much cake do you want to eat? Wear 3 hats in real life and tell me you don't think that is ridiculous. Another thread wanted an extra armor spot so they can wear their bat wings and elite vanity.

Ellyidol
11-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I do not see it this way. Right now I am hearing the complaint that everyone looks the same because they feel that they have to wear the elite vanities. I like this system now because I choose to look pretty and not wear the elite vanities. So therefore I standout.

Now with the system that is being suggested, it will then make me look like everyone else, because everyone else didn't want to lose their stats from the elite vanities and now all look like my pretty characters. Thus I become part of the woodwork again.

The OP asked what everyone thought, and this is what I think about it. I don't like it. I like choosing between looking pretty or looking like everyone else. The suggest system takes away that choice.

I saw someone suggest in another thread to have 3 helm spots. Really? How much cake do you want to eat? Wear 3 hats in real life and tell me you don't think that is ridiculous. Another thread wanted an extra armor spot so they can wear their bat wings and elite vanity.

I see your point. It seems a bit premature to say though that you will look like everyone else again if the proposed system were to be implemented. I mean, you have all the helm vanities, face paint, a few different vanity/non-vanity shields, vanity armor, and so on, so I wouldn't exactly say that you can't stand out anymore.

Yeah, I agree that it sounds unrealistic; three helms at once. But this is in a game where we can carry 500 pieces of gear in a bag that doesn't even show. Lol.

Sassinya
11-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Good point and thanks for posting it Brodiniozo. It's a downfall of the elite vanities with stats - everyone is sporting that look and don't have a way to show off any other without sacrificing stats.

How about adding an ability to buy "dye" for armor? Could cost 2-5 plats. I would buy one per toon per game (8) total.

dugantale
11-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Yea ppl begin to look more and more all no induvidality

The Flash
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
In all vanities stop being vanities when they give you stats. Maybe make vanities and boost gear.

Apocolypze
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
now u know how i feel with founder helm :(

brodiniozo
01-01-2012, 08:14 AM
bump!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

XghostzX
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
What if we had the ability to simply customize our elite vanity gear? Shape, colors, etc.

Elyseon
01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
personally I say choose what you like the best. I think the elite vanities look really cool, but the fact that everyone wears them decreases the awesomeness. I use the elite vanites in levels and pvp, but wear my fancy santa outfit in towne. The bonuses make a substantial difference definately. Maybe add a bonus slot for equipment it would be like a ring, but the bonus would be earned not simply bought. The elite ones could be unequipped then crafted with the new caps bonus into a 2 or 3 peice bonus with each cap increase. This idea makes more since to me than having multiple vanities in each slot as the point of vanities IMO is for looks.

Cahaun
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
If you don't mind I'll just say what I will. Sometimes the best vanity is having no vanity at all. When the lvl's used to cost plat, I had no platinum, just looking at the high lvl'd items were like vanities: Closed helms, titanic hammers, blue bird helms which change colors over the lvl's, or a cool looking crossbow. Just choose what look you want in town and be yourself. If you really like a vanity but another has better stats just chose the one that looks good.

Elyseon
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I agree. One could actually bypass buying vanities entirely if they qualify for the elite vanities. If the trend continues, a vanity weapon would be the next elite vanity for the next campaign. Then everyone would really look identical other than the face paint.

well theres no vanity weapon slot, the pet will be the same for everyone next, is what im expecting

MightyMicah
01-06-2012, 09:51 PM
So we could have vanities for our vanities? The problem I can see with that is soon the vanities for our vanities will get stats and then people will want vanities for our vanity's vanities. O.o

brodiniozo
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Make level cap rings instead?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

brodiniozo
02-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Last bump :-)

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

AbsolutePally
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Coming soon! :)

Appleisaac
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
i think this would kind of ruin the whole point of persistance vanities. (PLZ dont yell at me *ducks behind rock to avoid being slapped) if vanities covered persistance then EVERYONE would ALWAYS wear a vanity over their persistance. it would be like wearing persistance is wearing nothing XD. it would be like they arent vanities anymore... just like... extra stats. IMO i think persistance vanities shouldnt have stats at all :) i think this would solve A TON of problems. but since no change will be made (i am one amateur player who no one agrees with) i just think that the system should be kept the way it is :).

dugantale
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM

U cant take big luck off?

Appleisaac
02-08-2012, 04:22 PM

you CAN take it off, but since big luck increases ur drop rate (via chance to reroll) its usually kept on its owners at all times :)

dugantale
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM

you CAN take it off, but since big luck increases ur drop rate (via chance to reroll) its usually kept on its owners at all times :)

Oh,lolz