PDA

View Full Version : 2 New players need class recommendations!

socialgamer
07-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Hey everyone. My gf and I play WoW (yes, don't hate me, just read on) but I came across this game while looking for apps for my iPhone. I'm really interested, and I'm looking to jump in and get the most out of the game!

With that said, I'm not really a stranger to MMOs, or RPG style gameplay, but the 3 classes and talent system (which I've not been able to easily find a lot of info for) are making me wonder what the best combo for 2 new players trying to play at the same time, together.

I myself am used to melee. My first thought was obviously warrior, and since the gf is used to casters/healers, that she would go enchanter. Is there a better combo when leveling? Is there a certain talent spec for any of the classes that lends itself to duo-play?

I can't say I'm looking to PvP specifically, mostly just level and experience the content. To that end, any advice to help us pick classes that are suited to our tastes, and information to shape them into a useful, powerful 2-person team - would be appreciated.

Royce
07-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I think you've got the ticket with warrior/enchantress. Birds are okay, but you never actually need one, they just help speed things up. If you really want to play as a duo, maybe have the gf build a dex-based bowchantress to heal and do some DPS, but having a tank is definitely a good idea.

socialgamer
07-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks Royce.

I'm sure the whole hybrid concept will be clear to us as we level. One very, VERY important question I forgot to ask in my original post -

If you were starting over today with someone else playing with you, what would you do differently/pay specific attention to?

Thanks again guys.

Snakespeare
07-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I started hybridizing early and it was ok, but really, at first, you don't need to. Others recommend waiting until 30th level to hybridize and to do it with re-specs. The two basic elements of hybridizing are 1. Which skills to develop and 2. How high to raise secondary stats. As you read around under the class-based sub-boards you can find the early tipping points for each stat. For instance, some say int to 11 and others say int to 16 will get you 1 mana per second, while 2 is somewhere around 50 (far too high a number for early character consideration.)

So, at first, perhaps consider only enhancing your primary stat, and postpone hybridizing.

I think you've got a great idea with a bear and an elf, but birds are actually very durable at low levels because most of the early bad guys don't have ranged weapons, and they can't really catch up to a bird. The birds run around them shooting, avoiding much in the way of damage. But at middle levels the bears get so much health regen and such strong armor that they become like tanks.

And don't forget the birdie with a firestick idea. Basically, she will acquire a better staff early on, and if you had a birdie, she could give you the starting blaster, or whatever it is, and with just a few points on int, a birdie can buff up with his one and only starting skill and then use his running around technique to wreak havoc on the zombie masses.

kinawarrior
07-14-2010, 11:46 PM
In my experience, for up to level 32 as a warrior, I haven't needed a healer yet...I would love a character that gives mana opposed to health, but that is just weird.

So, I'd go warrior and archer, and give all gold to warrior for pots...if toy play the war well, the you can easily go through thousands of pots

Banned
07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Like Royce said, warrior/enchantress is a good combination.

Here are a few guides.

Tank:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3089-Tank-Warrior-Build
(Take a look at SlipperJim's post. He has the right idea.)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4356-Sexy-Shiv-Bear-yo!

Enchantress:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3332-Violentsaint-s-lvl-35-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-35-40)
(Most popular build.)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4421-how-to-INT-Enchantress

Hope this helps you out a bit.