PDA

View Full Version : Dual spec guide

Olz
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
This guide will be my version of a dual spec bear with dex and str.

Why should I use dual spec
I recommend dual spec because you get the crit/hit of a archer and the armour of a warrior.

Why Dex Weapons
The reason why it is a dex weapon is because they have a high dps (damage per second).

Why Str Armour
I put it that you use str armour because it has a higher armour rating then any other stat armour.

Stats
Well enough Dex to equip and enough str to use armour and shield (will find out why later on).

Weapons
I would use a Dagger and a str shield because with the dagger you get quick damage and then the str shield as it has better armour.

Armour
Using dex armour will get you crit and hit but I'd use str armour as you then get good armour so you can tank but you can use dex armour as you are using a str shield to get armour.

Plus Side
This setup works brcsuse you can finish enemies quickly.

Bad Side
I can't really find any faults although there may be some.

Combo
To make this set work to it's best ability use rage as you then cause extra damage thanks to it increasing
crit.

All of this is what I believe works although people may not enjoy playing with this setup so its however you enjoy playing. I hope this guide was hopeful thank you for reading :) .

ninjaduck
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Good job!

I personally would say for lvl 55s 120 points on dex and str, and the rest for int. Just my 2 shillings.....

NECROREAPER
11-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Shillings are worth nothing here!!!! You go home now!!!!

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Nice effort. :)

But maybe you should go a bit more into detail, and maybe give the strengths/weaknesses of this setup.

I saw some bears combining dagger+strgear, and it seems to work quite well on them.

However, for birds I wouldn't recommend this setup (I dislike daggers generally), since one of the birds greatest strengths is it's range and single target skills that are very high in damage. There are some daggerbirds, but a ranged build is much superior damagewise IMO.

For PvP, I also don't reccomend daggers.

Olz
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Nice effort. :)

But maybe you should go a bit more into detail, and maybe give the strengths/weaknesses of this setup.

I saw some bears combining dagger+strgear, and it seems to work quite well on them.

However, for birds I wouldn't recommend this setup (I dislike daggers generally), since one of the birds greatest strengths is it's range and single target skills that are very high in damage. There are some daggerbirds, but a ranged build is much superior damagewise IMO.

For PvP, I also don't reccomend daggers.
K gonna edit

dudetus
11-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Umm maybe u should do a bit more "covering" guide. Why to use dual spec, to whom is dual spec, what are good sets to use, and so on.

Writing and guide should be thought to be an essay not just a few words.

Still this is a good start!

Olz
11-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Ok guide completed if you find anything that needs to be added plz just say

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Ooooook... :)

Positive "you can finish enemies quickly"?! That may apply to bears, compared to the Str version, but since this guides includes birds, I disagree with that statement.
A bow setup provides much more damage and kills mobs much more efficiently.
Daggers provide crappy damage, they have very high dps, but that is kinda overrated IMO...

The only plus for a bird would be an increased survivability due to the Str gear.

CONS:

Sacrifices tons of damage compared to bow-setup.
Sacrifices Range.

For a bird, this spec isn't particulary useful I would say...

FluffNStuff
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Used to do this, but in the latest campaign the Dex and Int equip seem to have just as much armor as the strength equip. Though, my bear right now is using dex helm and leather and a big arse sword (or mallet depending on mood). The Dex equip give 6 hit each which is really lacking on a bear.

Olz
11-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Ooooook... :)

Positive "you can finish enemies quickly"?! That may apply to bears, compared to the Str version, but since this guides includes birds, I disagree with that statement.
A bow setup provides much more damage and kills mobs much more efficiently.
Daggers provide crappy damage, they have very high dps, but that is kinda overrated IMO...

The only plus for a bird would be an increased survivability due to the Str gear.

CONS:

Sacrifices tons of damage compared to bow-setup.
Sacrifices Range.

For a bird, this spec isn't particulary useful I would say...
This is just bear

Gaunab
11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
This is just bear

Oops, my bad. Didn't see you edited that out...

My points still apply in caparison to a Dexbear, but not as drastically as I stated before :)

XMasterdan
12-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Ill recommend for lvl 55 Dex character that uses bow to go with draners recurve or x/auto crossbow and a pink strength set. You'll get crazy Dodge, amazing Heath regen and good defence and if you know how to kite with that drainers auto/x -crossbow people will fear you completely.