PDA

View Full Version : Why your runs take so long.

FluffNStuff
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
The Tombs of Myrna has created a problem. Players are power leveling through it with out having to learn any basic strategy. In fact, the Tombs of Myrna is teaching some bad lessons to our latest batch of noobs. There are no mages, which eliminates the need for any strategy or cooperation. This post is to explain why the divide and conquer mentality does not work on the other levels.

The first thing to realize is that you need to KILL THE MAGES FIRST. I will repeat in case you missed that, KILL THE MAGES FIRST.

The second thing is to gang up on each mage TOGETHER. If someone is fighting a mage, fight the SAME mage, not another. I have done some calculations assuming four people doing 110 dps facing four mages that heal at a rate of 80 h/s and have 5000 hps.
1 person attacking 1 mage takes 3 Minutes.
4 People Attacking 1 Mage takes 14 seconds
So it takes 4 people attacking 1 mage at a time 56 seconds to clear four mages compared to 3 minutes when each person attacks a separate mage.

tldr; KILL THE MAGES FIRST AND TOGETHER, and you can power through ANY level.

Royce
07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Great post, and I agree it's a shame the tombs of mynas map is the way it is. I was leveling my 5th character recently, and when I hit level 30 I found there were no groups at all playing the ancient swamps (the best campaign for learning strategy and teamwork, and probably my favorite overall), an very few even playing skeller which is pretty easy to level in. Most players seem to skip straight to AO1 if not to AO2 map 3.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
fluff, if your calculations are correct, you should be an accountant. Seriously...

FluffNStuff
07-14-2010, 04:50 PM
fluff, if your calculations are correct, you should be an accountant. Seriously...

My Calculations are correct, which is why I would never make it as an accountant ...

Jstizar
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM

Accountants use a calculator 99 percent of the time so it is irrelevant.

Snakespeare
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
My tax accountant wife says that they let bookkepers do the math because they have more important things to do, and that it's all about data entry anyway, in which Quicken does the math. What Accountants do is wiggle through the rules to get their clients the best results while not breaking any laws. So she says... but I hear her banging on that ten-key!

Great post. Gang up on the mages. It works at medium levels, too.

tjornan
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Accountants deserve there due. Someones gotta do it. Sometimes companys hve accountants who do what they call tax avoidance. Not evasion. Avoidance. Certain rules prevent taxes on stuff.

cry
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Agreed, but throughout 3. there are no mages. Well, none that you kill any how, truly I believe that they will eventually have to learn the fact -I cannot solo dungeons on my own, RIDICULOUS.- Team work, bah.

Bloonigans
07-31-2010, 02:41 AM
I agree that ao2:3 has created heaps of newbs but there isn't anyone playing any other maps, cept for forest haven. I tried to lvl my Mage through all maps but at 37 I had to give up and do the tombs of mynas. In the end people have to do power leveling because no one is playing ancient swamps, one of coolest maps in my opinion.