PDA

View Full Version : WebGL uncapability bypass

ninjaduck
11-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi guys, so basically my crappy notebook has DEFINITELY not got WebGL, and yet i made SL work on it.

Heres what ya do:

1. find your google chrome dektop shortcut

2. right click it and select properties

3. go to the shortcut tab

4. where it says "target", go to the very end of the writing, where it says chrome.exe

4. in the same target box, at the very end of the writing, type "space" --ignore-gpu-blacklist

5. so the end result should look something like this C:\Users\yay\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Applicati on\chrome.exe --ignore-gpu-blacklist

6. just for coolness i have no idea how this worked but it did, and yes my computer is definitely WebGL incompatible

Thanks! If you found this helpful in any way,shape, or form, press dat likkle thanks button :D

Flip
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
The Chrome GPU blacklist prevents apps from running that it thinks you don't have the hardware to support. Following these steps disables that check in Chrome, but you may experience crashes or other graphical weirdness as you are playing on unsupported hardware. I'm glad this seems to be working for you!

ninjaduck
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Woot thanks for replyin supa fast! Can you explain why this works for me? just to say one more time my computer is like 14 years old and it still works with SL, i havent ever updated ANYTHING...

feeling very confused and nooby

ninjaduck
11-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I dunno bout the macs. IMO they arent very exploitable/customizable so you mite have to find some otha way :(