PDA

View Full Version : Proc to engi gloves?

Typholsion
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey devs can u plz add at least a stun proc to the gloves? I really find no use for them besides them looking awesome.

roufus
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
While your at it add some armor to dual handed weapons

krazii
11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Don't forget the all power kill everything it touches weapon!!!! Gloves are the highest damaging eng only weapon (save the new legendary pistols) and I always find them useful when running in a group with another engineer. They definitely kill mobs faster.

LelouchX
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey devs can u plz add at least a stun proc to the gloves? I really find no use for them besides them looking awesome.
I have to agree on the fact that there needs be some kinda a benefit to using a glove (and lower damage but higher DPS is not a benefit imho). Com canons get an AoE, Op dual pistols are, well, 2 pistols, and what do engis get other than losing the ability to wear a shield with their class specific weapon? Even though coms and ops can't use a shield either with their class specific weapons, there is a benefit to them, and everyone can decide if this pros outweigh the cons for themselves and their play style.

Gloves are the highest damaging eng only weapon (save the new legendary pistols) and I always find them useful when running in a group with another engineer. They definitely kill mobs faster.
What do you mean by "highest damaging?" If you are looking at DPS, you are looking at the wrong damage stat. For an engi, you want the highest damage ("damage" stat, not the "DPS" stat) possible. Your actual damage is what will raise your base damage for every skill you have, and this base damage refers to attack damage (red) and healing (green). When your skills "hit" for more, you will be able to heal your party for more while increasing the base damage, and therefore overall damage, of your attack skills.

Also, using a pistol and a shield allows you to obtain about 150 more armor (or more, i don't know specific numbers right now). On top of that, it is easy to find a shield that will give you a huge intelligence boost (i use the green lv 33 holo shield now, even though i am 36, which gives +11 int, and before that, the lv 28 green holo shield, when i was capped at 31, which gives +8 int). 11 int translates to about +2 damage for an engi.

Choose whatever works best for you, but i felt it might be helpful to offer up this information as well.