PDA

View Full Version : Who would win in a 1v1? Commando, Engineer or Operative?

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
So, who do you think would win and why?

adidaman
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Commando. Great armor, decent damage and the right aoe skills

The Oncoming Storm
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
wooohoooo first i think but if not still legit

Miguel Herbert
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
i think engineer, for the reason that they can take lots of HP at a time if they have the right skills, and also they can heal so that gives me this reason to believe.

SUPAPRODIGY
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
its always been about DPS operative hands down ...

ninjaduck
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Nah imagine this....

lvl 10 commando with full plat ironite set with boarding gun and a str ring. Stats are:

Sorry for bad quality of the pic :/

ProSophist
11-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Whoever the better player is should win.

Skill over Class.
I really hope the devs really did learn a lot from PL.

Can't wait for this.

Cahaun
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Ooooooh! Can't wait! :D

Reggin
11-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Depending on level and class, I'd have to give it to engineer, this coming from a guy who mainly uses my com and op...

With the right spec, an engineer can pretty much guarantee a win if skills are identical in pvp...

Suppression will need a serious nerf, or the ability to stun to heal, pain and load up dots while pain stunned, then just run away while emoting lol will make one on one pvp pointless for other classes.

Zombiemurder
11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Engineer would win because they can heal themselves and their armor is still good.

javier995
11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
You can't really say if you don't know who'd be fighting. Its all skill.

Like just now I bet a lvl65 mage in pvp 2/3, on my lvl 60 bear. Its all skill imo.

Engi has ability to heal and leech.

Com has the power of aoe skills with health and mana regen skill.

Op is quick with its dps, but low armor.

If you don't want to skill used in this simulation (well sort of is), com wins.

Why would a com win?
It has health regen skill.
Mana regen skill
High armor
Decent dmg
Skills are good knock back like singularity or neuron stomp.
Crit increase skill

That's just my $0.02, the best fight would be would be engi vs com. Imo.

Cascade
11-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I'd say Engineer.

Beanmachine
11-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Anyone good with plat gear...TAKE THE ADVANTAGE AWAY Waaaahh:sorrow:

I just hope it's not like PL especially with twinks *cough* lv10 4 plat pack

Nickyeagle
11-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Even though I love my operative and archer on SL and PL, I have realized that bears usually win on PL. they have good armor and incredible damage. I am thinking the same thing for SL, a Commando has good damage and good armor. I say the Commando would win.

Zeus
11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
If we are talking about skilled players, I think the Operative will win. Here is why:

• They can have almost 90 critical hit.

• They have incredible critical and hit percentage debuffs, so they can minimize damage.

• With their defensive buff, they can get over 50 percent dodge, even if it's for 6 second, thus avoiding many attacks.

• On top of all that, they can get relatively high armor (I can max out at 691) and do RAPID damage.

javier995
11-30-2011, 08:23 PM
If we are talking about skilled players, I think the Operative will win. Here is why:

• They can have almost 90 critical hit.

• They have incredible critical and hit percentage debuffs, so they can minimize damage.

• With their defensive buff, they can get over 50 percent dodge, even if it's for 6 second, thus avoiding many attacks.

• On top of all that, they can get relatively high armor (I can max out at 691) and do RAPID damage.

I change my mind, op vs com.

Com can get over 1000 in armor with buff, and this was during slouch imagine now.

Zeus
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I change my mind, op vs com.

Com can get over 1000 in armor with buff, and this was during slouch imagine now.

But Neural Shock pretty much renders attacks useless for around 6 seconds. It also recharges very fast, so there is a small window in where you can actually damage us effectively.

plmafiaboss
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
its always been about DPS operative hands down ... not in pvp. Lol

Garvhoz
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Commando they can do combos by themselves I know a good one too:
Force hammer
Singularity
Back breaker
Then run up to them and activate nebula

Also best armor and decent attack with very good self buffs like increase mass and growing rage

javier995
11-30-2011, 08:53 PM
But Neural Shock pretty much renders attacks useless for around 6 seconds. It also recharges very fast, so there is a small window in where you can actually damage us effectively.

That's when you'd die;). A couple seconds is enough to kill.

Silentarrow
11-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Definitely Operative, they have the highest crit, dodge, damage, and attack speed leading to instant death to their opponents.

Garvhoz
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Definitely Operative, they have the highest crit, dodge, damage, and attack speed leading to instant death to their opponents.

Whatevs man the comm is the best, there is a reason we are supposed to lead the group

Silentarrow
11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Whatevs man the comm is the best, there is a reason we are supposed to lead the group

*chuckles*. Personnaly, I believe the player behind the character means a lot more than the actual class :).

See ya in the arena Garvhoz.

Zeus
11-30-2011, 09:07 PM

That's why we got that lurch. Keep y'all away! :) Also, remember, we are wearing you down the entire time. :)

Garvhoz
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM

*chuckles*. Personnaly, I believe the player behind the character means a lot more than the actual class :).

See ya in the arena Garvhoz.

Hahahaha yeah I was laughing when I commented that because I was thinking of the times when I saw a engineer that didnt heal or other stuff like that, that doesn't make any sense, its all about skill not the class, you probably have more skill me only lv32, see you in the arena as well if I get to your level

Garvhoz
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM

That's why we got that lurch. Keep y'all away! :) Also, remember, we are wearing you down the entire time. :)

Yeah you MIGHT be able to take on a noob comm,just kidding, but Javier he gots skills one of the "pros" and if you meet a pro comm all of yous people be dying faster than the weak cultists and thats a fact

Southriver
11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
OK. Star Legends morphed out of pocket legends so I'm going to base it off pocket legends So an
Operative (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44099-Who-would-win-in-a-1v1-Commando-Engineer-or-Operative) = Archer
Engineer= Enchantress
Commando= Warrior

Ok what I learn in pvp is that the Archer is the star because he defuffs his opponent and reduces armor. Playing a engineer it is similar to playing an enchantress so I would have to guess it's the same as Operative so i would think an Operative.
That's just me though :)

Fao
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
In my opinion I would have to say the person with the best skill.

Ardon
11-30-2011, 09:25 PM

To lure enemies away while we ops kill everything ;)
So far no one knows what PvP in SL would be.
IMO ops and engs are gonna dominate. IF it's the same set up as of now.

But all that is dependent on skill.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Garvhoz
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM
[/QUOTE]

To lure enemies away while we ops kill everything ;)
So far no one knows what PvP in SL would be.
IMO ops and engs are gonna dominate. IF it's the same set up as of now.

But all that is dependent on skill.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So very true and also I would like to say " we go first to protect you cause your armor is the same as a lv26 commando" just kidding, but yeah it all depends on what kind of sub class you play like(tank,support,ect.) Sorry for the rude comments :p if they offended you

ooommmggg
11-30-2011, 09:36 PM
engie all the wayyyyyy!!

Bakoffmycandy
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
It really depends on how each class is spec'd & even more so, how they are Played.
Personally think my Op would take down my Eng with the quickness. My Op vs my Comm would prove to be a good fight but Op would win by a hair.

Zeus
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah you MIGHT be able to take on a noob comm,just kidding, but Javier he gots skills one of the "pros" and if you meet a pro comm all of yous people be dying faster than the weak cultists and thats a fact

I have both a commando and a operative. I also have a bear and archer on PL. I have to say that the Operative is probably going to win out. :(

jassisor
11-30-2011, 09:52 PM
I like commando because of great armor and damage :D

Reggin
11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Maxed suppression completely stuns for 8 seconds with a 15 second cooldown... As soon as either an op or com engages, pop it, heal, all 3 dots, pain, run for two seconds...

If by some miracle they aren't dead, your suppression is ready again for repeating... Watch out for my eng, which will be disabling xp gains and joining (probably leading) my twink guild that I started in beta.

Twinks R Us will finally be able to benefit from the level 3 guild hall I purchased the day they came out and haven't used once lol!

Azamaster
11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I'd have to say Commando. The disadvantage bears in PL have always had is they can't do long range damage and can get hurt a lot before even reaching the opponent. Now that's ruled out, and I think the 1,000+ armor they can reach is great too.

MightyMicah
11-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Honestly I can't say, they all have strengths and weaknesses.

Commando: keeps enemies imobilized on the floor and have alot of armor. However, their damage is lacking and it would take a bit to kill someone.

Engineer: keeps himself healed with like every flippin skill he has, Hard especially for commandos to take down, seeing as their damage is a little lacking. However his damage once again isn't anything special.

Operative: Frikin blows the snot outta everyone with his insane damage. however, he's very weak and I could see him switching between killing or being killed everytime.

The rivalries:

Commando vs Engineer- I could see engineer triumphing because commando won't be able to damage him quickly enough. My guess it would be a long battle but since commando can't keep healing engineer would slowly finish him.

Engineer vs Operative- I could see operative winning because engineers are fairly weak and won't be able to heal enough on account of a very quick death. However, they will still take a chunk out of the operative.

Operative vs Commando- I could see both winning honestly. Commando will be trying to keep the operative on the floor, if he succeeds, his little damage+the operatives little armor would cause him to triumph. On the flip side, the operative could kite the commando then move and in and do his stuff, Due to the commandos health and armor it will still take a bit to bring him down. Just my opinions from what I can see!

~MM

Sassinya
11-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Sass would win, hands down!!
OH! Wait, you didn't mean who would DIE fastest lolz
I really think I may try my hand at the new SL PVP, see how she really hold up. I've been noticing a lot of you do it on other games and am eager to learn :-)

Blind
12-01-2011, 12:18 AM
There is a reason why i chose operative as my one and only class...that is to wreck!

goon
12-01-2011, 01:40 AM
commando baby

javier995
12-01-2011, 02:20 AM

Root vs beckon basically lol just SL version

Thanks man! I guess I do got skills in some ways xD

I have both a commando and a operative. I also have a bear and archer on PL. I have to say that the Operative is probably going to win out. :(

I have all three classes, and I still think ops are weak. My op is weak, so I quote him at lvl25. Imo engis are quickest with their gloves.

I have a bear on PL lvl60, I use it mostly for pvp. I died many times to figure out strategies to kill archers and mages. I can finally kill those warbirds;). Since I'm lvl60 I can only pvp in a lvl55 made game or a lvl 60 made game. I choose to fight with the big boys;). Today I killed a lvl65 str mage (pally?) I believe (maybe 66 idr), and won 2/3. I fought a lvl65 warbird, yesterday I think it was, and won.

Therefore I will use what I know about the classes, to well kill them in pvp;).

I just can't wait, it's going to be fun:).

Skeletonlord
12-01-2011, 02:33 AM
I think commando would win because it is a great class with awesome gear!

XxReiReixX
12-01-2011, 02:59 AM
engi all the way!

Blind
12-01-2011, 05:22 AM
I've been thinking, and came to the conclusion that commandos will wreck. They have all ranged skill, unlike bears in pl. They have knockdowns. Crazy damage. Crazy armor and dodge. One knockdown and the rest of the skills will finish it off. :(

Garvhoz
12-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Now im having my doubts because I noticed that all devs are op I think and there must be a reason for but for now commando all the way

ThisGuy0502
12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Most definatly the engineer. Why? Well beacuase engis have good dmg and decent armor with the advantage of protection with 60 armor and forceshield with an extra 300 armor and the h/s, m/s. Plus engis have both DoT and AoE moves and they can heal. And with the advantage of pain and supression you can easly wipe out a commando and squash an operative :)

octavos
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
if engineer uses the shield it bumps armor, maybe plat armor has a home here because of dodge....we will see :p

saiyen
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I dont think class matters in pvp,it all depends on the player n his tactics
Still i think commondo r best for pvp

ThisGuy0502
12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Alright.... Im a lvl 36 engi and I tried pvp and im a little disappointed.. As engines we intended to heal a lot but i have noticed with empathy maxed at 6 we can only heal 21-23 hp.. Now that doesn't sound fair cause in pve we aleast heal 50-80 maybe even more. Plus our skills have been gratefully downgraded by meaning only doing 6-23 dmg, what's up with that.. I understand that we are going against players with more defense than pve enemies but there is really no point of using an engines in pvp if we can only heal 21-23 hp and attack like a lvl 5, all there really good for right now is to revive ppl that are dead. So plz can u tweak engineers a little bit so then can be better? ;)

Paar
12-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Ive learned from expierience that Op's Rule i have a lvl 10 Twink Op and Havent died but 2x From rusher lvl 15+!

Nightarcher
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Ohhhh yeah, baby. Commandos wreck.

(In actuality the classes seem pretty balanced... mostly) ;)

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 01:34 AM
It depends on the players... I am a commando and feel i have a distinct disadvantage unless i have an eng with me. My aoe attcks are good but to slow to cool down and they only do 40 point damage max... A good team will take out the support for commandos first then gang up on them. Played with an unreg acct.. everytime lost because the team is able to quickly kill the eng and or op then gang up on the commando.... May need to tweak commandos skill to have an equally damaging attack especially since we only have one combo attack that takes at least 10 seconds before we can use again... Just my thoughts but it seems the commando is an expendable class in pvp unless we have larger teams like 5 on 5 or greater.

Ardon
12-02-2011, 03:48 AM
It depends on the players... I am a commando and feel i have a distinct disadvantage unless i have an eng with me. My aoe attcks are good but to slow to cool down and they only do 40 point damage max... A good team will take out the support for commandos first then gang up on them. Played with an unreg acct.. everytime lost because the team is able to quickly kill the eng and or op then gang up on the commando.... May need to tweak commandos skill to have an equally damaging attack especially since we only have one combo attack that takes at least 10 seconds before we can use again... Just my thoughts but it seems the commando is an expendable class in pvp unless we have larger teams like 5 on 5 or greater.

Come are a force to be reckoned with. An all com team is beasty.

Its all strategy and skill though.
Come are beast though lol i may make one just because they freaking pwn 1v1 pvp

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Come are a force to be reckoned with. An all com team is beasty.

Its all strategy and skill though.
Come are beast though lol i may make one just because they freaking pwn 1v1 pvp

Lol i should have also pointed out i found out i sck at pvp right now lol.. i even died right as i respawned before i could press an attck .. course it was 3 ppl attcking me at once.. so bam i went down even one time before i spawned all the way in... I noticed once i died i respawn with only 40 percent of my health so i die real easy when ppl are sitting on the spawn circle and skill attacking me right before i spawn all the way in. Have to figure out how to avoid this...

Cero
12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Im a Com and Engs ownd me alot.

----
Vote for Eng.

Killerade
12-02-2011, 03:54 PM
in a one on one it depends on yur play style. If yur an OP r u gonna rush headlong a com? or r u gonna try to kite his skills and lurch him if he gets close? Are u gonna shoot and shoot at an engineer hoping he'll just drop dead or r u gonna play smart and attack him with everything you've got while his skills r in cool down? but in terms of easiest to use i'd say commando.

ArtStar
12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I gotta stay true to my class and vote for engineers, with the right build and player they can take down a mando or op.

Qwanger
12-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Wish the armor system was more like the pocket legend system where it was based on your charter's int, str, and dex. I think strategy would play a bigger role in this scenario because it even out how someone equips their charater for battle and places emphasis more on the skills used.

Deshx
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
What i saw all classes r ``almost`` same BUT

If we think `same` quality player i d use my vote for def Commando. Here s why

|Without any buff Commando already have more armor,hp,damage and DODGE which is insane !
+ With their buff their gettin x2 armor than ops... Yes ops has dodge buff but for 3-4 sec ? Smart commandos wont let ops use that..
+ Ops can make com down if lurch `always` work which is very rare cause of Commandos huge DODGE or chance of miss
I can write lot of reason too..

|For my opinion.. For 1vs1 Engi is the weak one cause Ops can fight with Commando which Engi doesnt have that much armor and damage.. But For Group they r almost key for win..
Cause a good engi can damage pretty good + they can heal group + they can rev team which makes great advantage

|About Ops.. I love my Op even weak armor and lot of disadvantage but with play style and right skills Ops can make things change..Big change..

Deathsminion
12-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Maybe i am just noob with op but everytime i get in to a 1v1 i die i canot win a single one. However on my commando i can kill 3 people before dying. Just the way i play? I dont think so

LelouchX
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
i'm shocked so many people think engi. on my engi, i haven't lost to another engi yet. ops i can take depending on their skill level, and i've had much trouble with coms. coms stop engi "stun and run" and our heals are too weak now to get enough benefit from them. Also i only PvPed a few days before i've had to take a break from the game for personal reasons, and i'm sure by the time i'm back i'g going to have to level my PvP engi before i get back to it

Unclechin
12-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Ops Win because High Dps and their skills... They have dodge chance skills and they have a skill that can make u miss your attacks. If they are low on hp they can slow u and flame u while they run

Anishavie
12-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I think it's between engi and op

I think engi will win but only if the engi knows how to use their skills right

Zolum
12-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Operative and Engineer draw. I still need to test this. Operatives can get very good if they have a good build, same with engineers. For engineers, use heals at the right time, get strong guns, and u may win. Ops can't heal but a solid damage build ant strong armer could save u.

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 01:29 AM
And engineer with very good skill would win. A strategic and skilled eng.

Fuzzywig
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Commando. Great armor, decent damage and the right aoe skills

What difference does aoe make in 1vs1?

OverkillED
02-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Operative, hands down.

Popular
02-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Def comms.
gg when comm uses slow to engs..
gg when op's crit is out

stophatin
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
COMMANDO! they got crazy power and defeat ops alot more then ops defeat them lol

Zolum
04-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Operative. I major in that class. No matter what level. It is the dps.

CAAAP
04-05-2012, 02:35 AM
If end game, COMMANDO for sure. No operative can beat me more than i beat them. its a rare occasion for an op to beat my mando. and engineers are the worst.... im guessing people who are saying engineer dont actually pvp :/

Esoul
04-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Mighty and True Power Commando ミⓛㅅⓛミ

Mrbananaz
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
ops bcuz they have best critical and very fast

Anecat
04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Ops IF THEY ARE BATTLING 15 OR 20! Commandos dominate the field between 30 and 41 and eng on 25

PianoWizzy
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
An Eng.

An extremely skilled eng.

Hullukko
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
An Eng.

An extremely skilled eng.

1+1=3

... with sufficiently large values of one.

Seriously though, I'm not sure about 20..36 but below that it's ops hands down and at 40+ it's comms all the way.

PianoWizzy
04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
1+1=3

... with sufficiently large values of one.

X) You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Hellcurse
06-03-2012, 01:05 AM
coms coz:
-eng, can only win if versing noob or polehugging
-op, if their lurch is dodged, they are screwed

Zombiemurder
06-12-2012, 05:29 AM
It's hard to say who would win now becuz I've played all 3 classes and each has their good and bad part

Coms obviously have tons of armor
Ops do great damage in a short time
Eng can heal (not so well at high levels though)

I'd say eng but every time I face a com I lose y though they r either A: 2-3 levels higher than me B: I faced 2 ops and have little health C: I can't get the custom armor when they have it