PDA

View Full Version : 1/30/19 | Preview | NEW Lunar New Year event!

Justg
01-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Happy Lunar New Year from Spacetime!

This year we have an all new event lined up for you:

Backstory

The good people of Vardan Valley were all set to join the Lunar New Year festivities in Brackenridge when along came Kil'Joy the Goblin.
Kil'Joy the Goblin, enemy of joy, a confirmed master of disguise, appeared to the villagers in the visage of a feeble old merchant driving an immense empty wagon.
He drove is big rickety wagon to the center of town, interrupting the Mayor's 'Lunar New Year' address to the townsfolk (which is mostly about how to avoid injury on the long walk to Brackenridge).

Kil'Joy's illusory 'dying old man' begged the villagers to load their firecrackers and pig pets and red envelopes onto his wagon.
He too was heading for Brackenridge to celebrate the new year.But he was alone. Lonely and unwanted. Without family. Without a purpose - this joyful celebration would surely be his last.
"Let me take part in your joy. Fill my wagon that I may help you on your journey. Please? Let my life have purpose... one last time," he groveled with tears welling up in his ancient eyes.

"Fine," said the Mayor. "That's just fine. You know it is a very long road and a whole lot to carry."
The smitty nodded sternly and bellowed, "Aye! Surely this good and wise old man isn't going to steal from us."
"Yes!" the tavern maid sung in agreement. "It's been nearly a full year since we've had even the slightest whiff of trouble. Let's do it!"
And so they did! The villagers of Vardan Valley loaded their wares upon the old man's wagon. Every egg, every envelope, every painted mask, every shining Arcanite vanity and shoved it aboard the old man's wagon.
"See ya at the Tavern," the old man cackled as he drove off. "Happy New Year... suckers!"

It doesn't take that long for the people of Vardan Valley to realize that they had been scammed.
So they send their Sheriff to track down Kil'Joy (and get help from Arlorian heroes if necessary).

Summary

+ The Lunar New Year Event runs for one (1) week starting this Thursday! Get cool new vanity items, pets and more!
+ Sheriff Qian of Vardan Valley will appear in towns and ask for help tracking down Kil'Joy the Goblin.

+ Kil'Joy the Goblin stole all of Vardan Valley's items of celebration: masks, firecrackers, red envelopes and Pig Pets!
+ Seek out Kil'Joy the Goblin during the event and loot him for Red Envelopes and firecrackers.

+ You can also complete Sheriff Qian's daily quest to find Kil'Joy to earn an additional ten (10) Red Envelopes.
+ You can spend your Red Envelopes to buy event items from the Sheriff. These include vanity Dragon masks, firecrackers and Wilbur and Timur Pets (not the eggs).

+ Higher level encounters with Kil'Joy mean a chance to loot more expensive fireworks, vanity dragon masks and Wilbur and Timur's eggs.
+ At Level 60 and above, Kil'Joy has a chance to drop the Locked Zodiac Fortune Chest which contains Level 71 Equipment, Level 71 Mythic Lunar Spirit Rings, Level 71 Arcane Weapons and Zhulong's Egg.

+ Zhulong is an Arcane Lunar New Year Dragon pet.

+ Mythic Lunar Spirit Rings provide a Bonus Spirit XP proc.
+ Note: Level 65 Mythic Lunar Spirit rings can be looted from Level 60+ encounters with Kil'Joy (rare drop). Lunar Spirit rings in the Locked Zodiac Fortune Chest are Level 71 (and have better stats).
+ During the Lunar New Year event a limited quantity of Massive Locked Zodiac Fortune Chests (3X Locked Zodiac Fortune loot) will be available in the Store.

Ajcheisnj
01-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Nice looks awesome #first

chaedi
01-30-2019, 01:14 PM
Nice! Ty STS

Abuze
01-30-2019, 01:17 PM
Pig reminds of me American Horror Story

Encryptions
01-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Wow, that Tim pet is op. 50% re-roll!

Dadansn
01-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Looks good, but you guys are making huge mistake with this one.
Stop making so many events back to back.
Players need some rest, not to mention their wallets.
Given the fact Lovecraft event is right around corner, players will save their money for it and most probably not spend a penny on this one. Another contributor to this problem is the Temple Challenge event and the crates with new arcane items it brought. Those who had money spent it on Massive temple crates and are probably broke now, and wont be willing to spend more money on the game in forseeable

On the side note his event screws all players with H.Mishi.

Glixr
01-30-2019, 01:32 PM
This looks fun! Love the tip of the Wilbur hat to E.B. White's 'Charlotte's Web'- one of my favorite childhood books. Also really digging the AL celebration of a non-Western holiday!

Blazerland
01-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Wooooot oinky oinky pet cool

Drannak
01-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Wow that's something new ! Thanks team :)

Marosok
01-30-2019, 01:42 PM
Nice. New culture in Arlor.

*Zhulong HB is interesting. Might want him put in Darth Vader HB.

Xxkayakxx
01-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Sound fun :) ty

wangkj
01-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Not sure how I feel about the bonus gold loot

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Gaprisha
01-30-2019, 02:24 PM
hmm whats the purpose of the firecrackers?

Idly
01-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Timur AA buff is for allies only or as everyone says 50%gl?

Raziast
01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
25% hb + 25% aa (luck and gold loot)
Will need to get 2 timur's eggs to slot in re-gifter's hb & aa :surprise:

Alfabeast
01-30-2019, 02:29 PM

Backstory

The good people of Vardan Valley were all set to join the Lunar New Year festivities in Brackenridge when along came Kil'Joy the Goblin.
Kil'Joy the Goblin, enemy of joy, a confirmed master of disguise, appeared to the villagers in the visage of a feeble old merchant driving an immense empty wagon.
He drove is big rickety wagon to the center of town, interrupting the Mayor's 'Lunar New Year' address to the townsfolk (which is mostly about how to avoid injury on the long walk to Brackenridge).

Kil'Joy's illusory 'dying old man' begged the villagers to load their firecrackers and pig pets and red envelopes onto his wagon.
He too was heading for Brackenridge to celebrate the new year.But he was alone. Lonely and unwanted. Without family. Without a purpose - this joyful celebration would surely be his last.
"Let me take part in your joy. Fill my wagon that I may help you on your journey. Please? Let my life have purpose... one last time," he groveled with tears welling up in his ancient eyes.

"Fine," said the Mayor. "That's just fine. You know it is a very long road and a whole lot to carry."
The smitty nodded sternly and bellowed, "Aye! Surely this good and wise old man isn't going to steal from us."
"Yes!" the tavern maid sung in agreement. "It's been nearly a full year since we've had even the slightest whiff of trouble. Let's do it!"
And so they did! The villagers of Vardan Valley loaded their wares upon the old man's wagon. Every egg, every envelope, every painted mask, every shining Arcanite vanity and shoved it aboard the old man's wagon.
"See ya at the Tavern," the old man cackled as he drove off. "Happy New Year... suckers!"

It doesn't take that long for the people of Vardan Valley to realize that they had been scammed.
So they send their Sheriff to track down Kil'Joy (and get help from Arlorian heroes if necessary).

Summary

+ The Lunar New Year Event runs for one (1) week starting this Thursday! Get cool new vanity items, pets and more!
+ Sheriff Qian of Vardan Valley will appear in towns and ask for help tracking down Kil'Joy the Goblin.

+ Kil'Joy the Goblin stole all of Vardan Valley's items of celebration: masks, firecrackers, red envelopes and Pig Pets!
+ Seek out Kil'Joy the Goblin during the event and loot him for Red Envelopes and firecrackers.

+ You can also complete Sheriff Qian's daily quest to find Kil'Joy to earn an additional ten (10) Red Envelopes.
+ You can spend your Red Envelopes to buy event items from the Sheriff. These include vanity Dragon masks, firecrackers and Wilbur and Timur Pets (not the eggs).

+ Higher level encounters with Kil'Joy mean a chance to loot more expensive fireworks, vanity dragon masks and Wilbur and Timur's eggs.
+ At Level 60 and above, Kil'Joy has a chance to drop the Locked Zodiac Fortune Chest which contains Level 71 Equipment, Level 71 Mythic Lunar Spirit Rings, Level 71 Arcane Weapons and Zhulong's Egg.

+ Zhulong is an Arcane Lunar New Year Dragon pet.

+ Mythic Lunar Spirit Rings provide a Bonus Spirit XP proc.
+ Note: Level 65 Mythic Lunar Spirit rings can be looted from Level 60+ encounters with Kil'Joy (rare drop). Lunar Spirit rings in the Locked Zodiac Fortune Chest are Level 71 (and have better stats).
+ During the Lunar New Year event a limited quantity of Massive Locked Zodiac Fortune Chests (3X Locked Zodiac Fortune loot) will be available in the Store.I freaking love surprise events, :)

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

sil
01-30-2019, 02:30 PM
nice , seems cool ty sts

Pleasant
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Could you guys make zhulong apart of the loot table for the boss if you haven’t already?

Ebereasider
01-30-2019, 02:49 PM

Seek out where? Is he gonna spawn in regular maps like egg-xavier or prince levlar?

Pleasant
01-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Also is there gonna be a 2x plat offer this event ?

Itzitz
01-30-2019, 03:20 PM
Question: Is this energy event? And if so so essence will drop in dungeons?

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

TheClaaaaaaaw
01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
When you say level 60+ encounters, do you mean player level or zone level ? I assume player level, but just want to make sure.

MasterP
01-30-2019, 03:45 PM
So that makes crafting the temple chests now pointless? GG to those who spent hours running temple event..

coffee
01-30-2019, 04:34 PM
I don't get it how does he spawn is it like zavier event? Random spawn? Thanks :)

coffee
01-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Oh is it like prince levlar event each hour he will be in different map?

swoutttt
01-30-2019, 05:01 PM
This event sounds awesome! ty sts

Flamesofanger
01-30-2019, 05:19 PM
Looks good, but you guys are making huge mistake with this one.
Stop making so many events back to back.
Players need some rest, not to mention their wallets.
Given the fact Lovecraft event is right around corner, players will save their money for it and most probably not spend a penny on this one. Another contributor to this problem is the Temple Challenge event and the crates with new arcane items it brought. Those who had money spent it on Massive temple crates and are probably broke now, and wont be willing to spend more money on the game in forseeable

On the side note his event screws all players with H.Mishi.

There is absolutely 0 mistakes with this, the more events the better it is. More things to farm and more people joining the grind.

Stop complaining and enjoy the game. You treat this game like it is your job. Relax. Let others have fun. :)

Backstory

Ahaha, great event sts! Always giving us brand new surprises. I love it :)

PS: The story pretty much sums up all scammers. Made me chuckle. Oh and interesting..."Arcanite Vanities" Curious now :)

Keep up the great work sts! i love what you're doing :)

scarysmerf
01-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Is this a energy based event or is it free for everyone? Looks cool

Arcanerge
01-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Looks awesome! I may have missed this but Is there a preview of the 71 arcane weapons or are they the ebon we seen previously. Thanks STS I am loving these back to back events keeps us busy! :)

m.rahmanarif
01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
PIG

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk

Tippertwo
01-30-2019, 07:16 PM
Dang that looks nice

Shakes
01-30-2019, 08:03 PM
Nicee love piggies, so cuteeee ^_^

iamlepre
01-30-2019, 08:07 PM
"+ During the Lunar New Year event a limited quantity of Massive Locked Zodiac Fortune Chests (3X Locked Zodiac Fortune loot) will be available in the Store."

Hahaha people know that means "waste 3X more plat and get nothing"
no thanks.

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

Captainrock
01-30-2019, 08:08 PM
Looks cool event..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo1354
01-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Nice event.......sts Need event 2x xp spirit weapon plis

Azerothraven
01-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Probably the best event since winter 2017 but will see how it goes
Excited. For it.

Good job devs

Uiss
01-30-2019, 09:02 PM
oww nice, I liked the pets.

kwao-Al
01-30-2019, 10:35 PM
I really liked the new animals.

PsychoNuke
01-30-2019, 10:51 PM
I missed those backstories :)

The villagers of Vardan Valley loaded their wares upon the old man's wagon. Every egg, every envelope, every painted mask, every shining Arcanite vanity and shoved it aboard the old man's wagon.

Lmao.

Timur looks pretty cool, Looking forward to this one :D

rougeee
01-31-2019, 12:24 AM
I like the pets. Awesome stats. Really excited to get them.

Fwend
01-31-2019, 01:14 AM
Happy Chinese New Year indeed. This Year Chinese New Year begins on the Tuesday the 5th February and its the Year of the Pig.

AL is truly lucky to have this event on game. Loving the pig pet and Lion Dance boss as well as the Dragon pet and those lucky red envelopes.

Wishing Pocket Legends had a Lunar New Year Event. Hint hint Cinco.

avernuzz
01-31-2019, 01:15 AM
Wow first time in al tysm!

Sent from my GT-I9060 using Tapatalk

Leebazhafe
01-31-2019, 01:39 AM
Oh my amazing

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

Bundlos
01-31-2019, 02:11 AM
The pets are so cute *-* Looking forward to this event. Looks fun.

The story made me chuckle. It reflects how people get scammed in AL by friends lol.

Froze.Exe
01-31-2019, 04:04 AM
Is zhulong has mana regen on passive like mishi?????

Jiarijiba
01-31-2019, 04:55 AM
Gotta love that backstory :)

Bug
01-31-2019, 10:23 AM
Cute pig!

Sent from my Neffos C5s using Tapatalk

Painting
01-31-2019, 12:06 PM
Yoss, the holy light of new content is raining down upon arlor, keep this up and we might be able to make the game lively again

Reiv
01-31-2019, 01:13 PM
Grazie

Inviato dal mio SM-T819 utilizzando Tapatalk

forfiona
01-31-2019, 01:24 PM
Cute pinky pig

Tankylikehulk
01-31-2019, 02:29 PM
Amazing job sts! Thanks for this amazing lunar new year!

Marosok
01-31-2019, 02:52 PM
Thank you Developers. I can lvl up my pets in Festerfang, and it is not a bit boring now, because it is possible to loot something good. :)

Kakashis
01-31-2019, 03:19 PM
I want my piggies!

QuaseT
01-31-2019, 03:30 PM
Nice side event for fun, good balance from last competitive swamp event

Tuhguhbuhbuh
01-31-2019, 04:49 PM
First......

Korabiv
01-31-2019, 05:24 PM
First thing I would like to say is this event is awesome! The pets are very impressive and the vanities are kinda cool too. Free and useful stuff can’t be beat!

Second thing I would like to say is that after watching numerous fireworks go off, I think they would be nice for a new weapon proc. Something like “May cause fireworks to go off, causing damage to nearby enemies” or “May cause fireworks to go off, buffing nearby allies”. The fireworks look sweet, and I feel they could be used for procs.

Great event!

oneazeli
02-01-2019, 10:23 AM
I love this event. Best of all its a farming event like valentine. Also great job putting timur in loot table. Keeps all motivated. Overall a very good job by sts this event. Keep it up!

Snowdager
02-01-2019, 12:32 PM
This event is amazing! The new pets are great, and the best part is almost NO RE-COLOR!!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say we love new stuff that’s not re-colored! Tysm! Now the only issue that I noticed is the vendor doesn’t have allot of items, timur is the only thing people will want to buy with envelopes, Wilbur is only 20,000 gold in the auc so most people won’t farm 1000 envelopes for a 20k pet, I would suggest a lower drop rate for Wilbur next time, and the masks look amazing but they are relatively cheap in the auction so most people won’t spend 800 envelopes on them, and fireworks are cool but pretty useless... so if you guys have more events like this please: add more items for the vendor, a body to go with the vanity helm, decreased drop rate on the more common pet (Wilbur in this case). But besides that I and my entire guild love this event! It’s been the best event in the past year! Ty guys!

THE GOLDEN KING
02-01-2019, 01:27 PM
This event is amazing! The new pets are great, and the best part is almost NO RE-COLOR!!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say we love new stuff that’s not re-colored! Tysm! Now the only issue that I noticed is the vendor doesn’t have allot of items, timur is the only thing people will want to buy with envelopes, Wilbur is only 20,000 gold in the auc so most people won’t farm 1000 envelopes for a 20k pet, I would suggest a lower drop rate for Wilbur next time, and the masks look amazing but they are relatively cheap in the auction so most people won’t spend 800 envelopes on them, and fireworks are cool but pretty useless... so if you guys have more events like this please: add more items for the vendor, a body to go with the vanity helm, decreased drop rate on the more common pet (Wilbur in this case). But besides that I and my entire guild love this event! It’s been the best event in the past year! Ty guys!

Yes I agree we need more events like this! And a lot more content added to the vendor like 3 vanity sets each unique with its own effects(best effects will cost more “tokens”) also maybe add some legendary gear/weapons to the vendor that are strong but not op like mythic gear. And add more “firework” type of cool items like the cake event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obooo
02-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Wonderful event. Not recolor. Cute pets. Nice gilded vanity. And, the last but not the least, fireworks are tremendously gud with abundant feelings of warm friendship.

TheClaaaaaaaw
02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Just to make sure: Graveyard is level 56-61, so that counts as 60+, right ? Meaning you can loot Timur's egg from Kill Joy there ?

Joe Webb
02-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Just to make sure: Graveyard is level 56-61, so that counts as 60+, right ? Meaning you can loot Timur's egg from Kill Joy there ?

you are able to enter the graveyard at level 54, not sure if it counts as 60+ tho

Tuhguhbuhbuh
02-01-2019, 06:50 PM
This is an excellent event. Totally enjoyable. I hope more of these 'side' events come around. Thank you Devs.

Idly
02-02-2019, 04:51 AM
Can anything be done about afk event farming in camp boulder? Devaluing vendor/loot items for honest players, and also lazy af. Thanks

(Great event besides that, good work :D)

iulicutu
02-02-2019, 05:41 AM
Can anything be done about afk event farming in camp boulder? Devaluing vendor/loot items for honest players, and also lazy af. Thanks

(Great event besides that, good work :D)

just make a ghost party for yourself and leave afks behind....i actually loved the fact that Kil'Joy spawns in camp boulder...besides the obvious fact that it took me only 2-3 hrs to get 2k tokens i also enjoyed my arc ring proc(which didn't happened b4 tbh)....went from 1,3k str to 2,5k while farming there...also except envelopes and first tier of fireworks he doesnt drop anything else there...so no "item devaluation" as u said...also the mob is not so easy to kill even there...so if u leave an afk alone in a map he won't be able to farm...in conclusion the best part about this event imo is camp boulder

Idly
02-02-2019, 05:51 AM
just make a ghost party for yourself and leave afks behind....i actually loved the fact that Kil'Joy spawns in camp boulder...besides the obvious fact that it took me only 2-3 hrs to get 2k tokens i also enjoyed my arc ring proc(which didn't happened b4 tbh)....went from 1,3k str to 2,5k while farming there...also except envelopes and first tier of fireworks he doesnt drop anything else there...so no "item devaluation" as u said...also the mob is not so easy to kill even there...so if u leave an afk alone in a map he won't be able to farm...in conclusion the best part about this event imo is camp boulder

I'm against exploits, this is being exploited. Would be nice if they could do something without removing boulder as an event map.

I know a guy who says he's had 7 toons afk since the event begun, and I highly doubt hes the only one. Only leaves the map when tokens are full.

Doesn't really affect me personally, but when vendor items are so cheap it takes away gold from new/poor players. The guy I know is doing it has over 500m and still using the exploit to make a few 100k from vanity's/fireworks.

P.s I tested and made 150 tokens in 15-20 minutes whilst I was eating.

8hrs = 3600 tokens whilst you sleep.

kona
02-02-2019, 06:39 AM
I'm against exploits, this is being exploited. Would be nice if they could do something without removing boulder as an event map.

I know a guy who says he's had 7 toons afk since the event begun, and I highly doubt hes the only one. Only leaves the map when tokens are full.

Doesn't really affect me personally, but when vendor items are so cheap it takes away gold from new/poor players. The guy I know is doing it has over 500m and still using the exploit to make a few 100k from vanity's/fireworks.

P.s I tested and made 150 tokens in 15-20 minutes whilst I was eating.

8hrs = 3600 tokens whilst you sleep.

thanks for posting this. Didn't know camp boulder spawns kill joy infinitely. I thought I will not get time to do this event, now i can :)

Idly
02-02-2019, 07:06 AM
thanks for posting this. Didn't know camp boulder spawns kill joy infinitely. I thought I will not get time to do this event, now i can :)

No problem. I'd rather everybody exploited it than a few. Would be better if nobody could though.

Reminds me of the whole kill farming thing at boulder in S4.

arcanefid
02-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Graveyard says 57-61, that means if a level 60 character enters the zone, all minions will scale to that char, therefore it is 60.

Jose_tomelloso
02-03-2019, 08:57 AM
Good event but with the low drop of Timur discourage to play the event and more to the game very badly I throw many hours Dropeando and only comes out Wilbur and scarce almost fix that

Mezderak
02-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Good event thank you [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

goldentrapo
02-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Thanks for this event :)))

Zurie
02-04-2019, 05:32 AM
Kill'Joy is so annoying and irritating since it spawn in all maps. hard to do levelling or daily quest. would be much better if it appear in specified map only.

Oakmaiden
02-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Standing afk in Boulder doesn’t get you anything.. you still hafta run around and spawn mobs then kill the boss.

Idly
02-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Standing afk in Boulder doesn’t get you anything.. you still hafta run around and spawn mobs then kill the boss.

Unfortunately it does still work (just tested again) high level pet kills mobs, and even if you stay still mobs respawn after 10-15 seconds. Spawned 3 killjoy in 1 minute without pressing a button.

:(

Justg
02-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Continuing the conversation here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?441443-2-4-19-ANNOUNCEMENT-Lunar-New-Year-Event-extended