PDA

View Full Version : Locked farming and Gold Loot (yes another one)

Idly
01-31-2019, 02:32 AM
Jarl/KM3 locked farming was removed because too many players had become dependant on that as a sole way of earning gold. This made supply constantly very high, and when a lot of free plat (cheating plat farmers) was removed from game this had a significant effect on the economy. There was simply nothing worth farming for the masses so GL was introduced (not to mention the plat spent on GL awakes is good for STS to continue the great games)

Personally I think a good way to bring back Locked farming, keep gold loot, create a gold sink and give f2p players a bit of a chance would be to add crate keys as a permenant feature.

Off the top of my head it could be:

NPC Sirspendalot - 1 crate key 25k gold with a maximum of 20 per day, per account (don't wanna flood the market with arcanes)
and also plat purchasable kits in store
with a 1-1 plat-key ratio so it would still be profitable to buy for plat and sell for gold if that was your inclination. Any other suggestions of how this idea would work better please comment.

As it is right now with crate keys, I personally feel they are hugely over valued and STS are jus being shady with them, I mean 12m gold for the equivelant of 300 plat or opening 10 massive temple crates...damn. They could be used in much better ways to bridge but not break the f2p/p2p divide and bridge the gold gap.

Please feel free to tear my idea apart. Thanks for reading.

VenomSet
01-31-2019, 06:11 AM
I knew the nostalgia would kick in for u guys :D

Xxkayakxx
01-31-2019, 06:34 AM
Just saying but.....shuyal 4th map is good for lock farming.......
Just go straight in the middle of the map. Boss is there

Idly
01-31-2019, 07:33 AM
Just saying but.....shuyal 4th map is good for lock farming.......
Just go straight in the middle of the map. Boss is there

Yeah, I did some runs there too. Been farming them mostly at hydra tbh...but its just not the same! :D

Abuze
01-31-2019, 07:45 AM
The supply rate of locks is less because less people choose to farm it, most chase gold drops now.
It's how it rn, at least this way some of the older maps still have their use.