PDA

View Full Version : Fnord's & VV's ? Whats their Story?

Paar
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Why do Alot of PVP'ers Have the Name VV in front? And The Fnords? Whats their story? Sorry If this is a Noob Question, Just curious?

Conradin
11-30-2011, 11:15 PM
A Twink group unkwown terrorist have alot of VV's to make a W is names- idk why. Vvrecked seemed to start it. And back in PL's early days, we had two servers, Fnord and Alterra. Fnord qasnt populated so they deleted ot and gave our chars on fnord to Alterra- with Name-Fnord.

KingFu
11-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Fnords = old server. Used to be 2 servers. Alterra and fnord. Devs removed fnord, and all players from there got moved to Alterra and got a "-fnord" added to the end of their name and a free rename. L

VV = Another say to put W I guess lol. Not sure why there's so many of em, guess it's just a fad or something, maybe a group of friends, but they're mostly in different guilds. Most of them I've found to be rushers.

Paar
11-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Hmmm Cool Thx for the feedback!

LwMark
12-01-2011, 03:20 AM
I do the VV for exxample.....my ign is Lwmark...i have another char named lvvmark...its the same but diff..idk i just like it!whats fnord?

Fatpigwarrior
12-01-2011, 03:38 AM
I do the VV for exxample.....my ign is Lwmark...i have another char named lvvmark...its the same but diff..idk i just like it!whats fnord?

They said what Fnord is lol

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 04:28 AM
...whats fnord?

Myst already answered, but players with -Fnord after their name are toons that were created in the secondary server Fnord back when the game was in its infancy. Basically, there were two servers Alterra and Fnord and when the latter was abolished any toons that were in the destroyed realm were granted a rename (free of charge). So Gluttony became Gluttony-Fnord (didn't really happen since Gluttony was in Alterra), but my other toons were indeed renamed, but I deleted them due to not really liking the hyphen, it seemed like my toon just got married and couldn't decide on a last name so they decided to keep both and add the infamous hyphen. Anyway, you don't see many of them now-a-days probably because most either deleted or just renamed them but when I do see one I wonder if they are players who created an account, quit for a while and are now back.

LwMark
12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
I kno but i just couldnt really understand what fnord was.i did research an understand noe

Gaddy
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I started a guild called FNORD because I'm a discordian and a Robert Anton Wilson fan.

To your next question: No.