PDA

View Full Version : Braces

Fortress
12-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey guys :)

Well, I'm getting braces tomorrow and I'm real anxious... dreading it.
Will they hurt while they're on? I'm still deciding on what color I should get hmmm........
I'm gonna miss school tomorrow for this

*prays to get this over with* lol....

Skeletonlord
12-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Braces: Don't hurt when put in. May feel strange for a few days

MightyMicah
12-01-2011, 01:53 AM
The braces themselves don't hurt, its all the crap that goes with it that hurts :(

Artentreri
12-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Never had 'em. Did have my wisdom teeth taken out, then about an hour after the surgery got punched in the face by this girl I knew haha.

Carth
12-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Braces: Don't hurt when put in. May feel strange for a few days

This^^.

Braces don't hurt, they just feel a little awkward at first. You get use to them though after a couple of days. The pain with having braces is that you are constantly cleaning them (well, I am). Food mostly gets stuck in them and usually I have a part of breakfast fall loose from my braces when its close to lunch time. It's nasty.

Just remember that your doing this to have straight and awesome looking teeth to show off to the ladies/gentlemen. :D

Ellyidol
12-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Agree, eye on the prize! I had braces as well, annoying at first but the end result was really worth it.

Good luck :) get colorful ones, if you're into that :p

WhoIsThis
12-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm thinking about getting braces myself - my bottom teeth are out of shape, while my top teeth are parallel.

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Never really needed them :) my friends that have told me that the pain is associated with the braces citing up the inside of their mouth, but there's wax for that that's applied to the braces. I remember during lunch in highschool, this girl decided to change her rubber bands on the lunch table, and a fountain of saliva just sprung out. I threw up afterwards.

Don't do this in public! :p I imagine getting food stuck in them is a pain too.

Ardon
12-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I had braces for like 2 years. I had some messed up teeth lol I just got them off in September. They'll feel weird. Its kinda like a toothache but not as painful.

Everytime you get them tightened, you can choose a different color.

Rubberbands aren't really needed unless you have an underbite/overbore or moving the teeth so the match up perfectly.

I never had a problem with drool coming out from taking out my rubber bands. Its all about technique haha

But I can guarantee that you'll drool from a while when you get your retainers. More so if you have clear vlasic retainers. You also might have a lisp with your retainers. But you get around and learn how to talk Normally
Its not too had having braces.

Especially after you see the results. Its totally worth it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Artentreri
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I remember during lunch in highschool, this girl decided to change her rubber bands on the lunch table, and a fountain of saliva just sprung out. I threw up afterwards.
Raunchy dude.

Fortress
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey, it's me again. I got the braces on today. I honestly do not know what to think of it. Lol it feels kinda weird (but that's probably normal...?) That feeling of not eating anything hard for two years is definitely setting in... xD